Sign in to follow this  
Ace9

Shift Confirmation Beep not working..

Hi all..

Linda 3.0.9 and FSUIPC 5.1.5 - P3Dv4.5 - Win10Pro. | X55 HOTAS + 6 X Leo Bodnar BBI-32 USB Controllers. 

For some unexplainable reason the confirmation beep does not sound when I shift through the modes, which is not a problem if I shift using the Mode button on the X55 because there is a visual prompt to indicate which Shift mod is currently used. But I have assigned the push function on the dual pole rotary encoders to cycle through the shifts locally, this is particularly useful when setting the ADF - TXPonder etc.. 

The modechange.wav and modereset.wav files are there and work by themselves in Winamp..

I have tried reinstalling new Linda modules but this did not cure the problem.. Any Ideas anyone ?

Thanks

On 5/24/2019 at 1:35 PM, Ace9 said:

Hi all..

Linda 3.0.9 and FSUIPC 5.1.5 - P3Dv4.5 - Win10Pro. | X55 HOTAS + 6 X Leo Bodnar BBI-32 USB Controllers. 

For some unexplainable reason the confirmation beep does not sound when I shift through the modes, which is not a problem if I shift using the Mode button on the X55 because there is a visual prompt to indicate which Shift mod is currently used. But I have assigned the push function on the dual pole rotary encoders to cycle through the shifts locally, this is particularly useful when setting the ADF - TXPonder etc.. 

The modechange.wav and modereset.wav files are there and work by themselves in Winamp..

I have tried reinstalling new Linda modules but this did not cure the problem.. Any Ideas anyone ?

Thanks

I had this problem in the past and this is what I was told to fix it and it worked:

LINDA Global Shift Beep fix

I notice that on the Airbus I get a BEEP when using Global Shift and a long BEEP when unshifted but not in the other two aircraft - is there a way to enable and or disable the beep? (nice to be alerted when shifting etc)

There should be no difference between aircraft when selecting GLOBAL or LOCAL shifted modes. The sounds should play in all cases.

However, you have highlighted an error I caused when I moved the location of the sounds files (modechange.wav and modereset.wav) from the Flt Sim folder to the /modules/linda/data/sounds folder.

Check whether you have the mentioned sounds files in your Flt Sim /sound folder. If not copy them from the LINDA sounds folder to this one. After restarting LINDA it should fix your problem. I will issue a code update in due course which will correct the sound file location problem.

Hope it helps you if you still have this issue.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

Confirmed this fix my sound issue - Thanks ( i done it with everything running and didn't have to restart LINDA)

Im going to record my own .wav sound files though, as short or long beep doesnt define to me whitch mode is selected...something like ''Mode 1'', ''Mode 2''

Thanks again

Luke Pype

On 7/3/2019 at 10:22 PM, joepoway said:

Check whether you have the mentioned sounds files in your Flt Sim /sound folder. If not copy them from the LINDA sounds folder to this one. After restarting LINDA it should fix your problem.

That did the trick. Many Thanks.