Sign in to follow this  
capceo

Flysimware is Recruiting New Beta Team Members

Posted (edited)

Good Morning.

For those of you who don't know me, my name is Joe Zerilli, and I am the Chief Pilot and lead technical adviser at Flysimware Simulation Software. I have almost two decades of flight simulation experience on both the user and development side, and I'm also a professional pilot. One of my responsibilities at FSW is the oversight and management of our in-house, pre-release beta team.

I am currently restructuring the organization of our team, and I am looking to bring a few new testers on board. You all know and enjoy our products for their fidelity to their real world counterparts, and now is you chance to be a part of the team that makes it all possible. Lets get the basic requirements out of the way, then we'll move on to the core requirements.

-18 Years of Age or Older

-Stable installation of FSX/P3D

-Ability to Communicate using Discord

-Availability between 5pm-3am PST

Now that we've covered the basics, here's what I'm looking for:

First and foremost, I'm looking for people who are willing to commit. If your idea of testing is getting a copy of the pre-release candidate, flying it around a bunch, and barely having any contact with the developer, this position is not for you. Our core development team is in "the office" (our discord server) just about every evening, working together. While we certainly don't expect this of our testers, we want folks who have an interest in being an active participant and member of the team. We'd like you to spend some time with us when you can. We exchange some great info, work hard, and have a few good laughs along the way. 

Second, I'm after experience. Many of you have decades of flight simulation experience, but have never set foot in a real cockpit. We'd love to chat with you. I'll be the first one to tell you that there are significant differences between real life and the sim, and you're extensive experience in the latter is exceptionally valuable. On the flip side, maybe you have a significant amount of real world experience, but you're new to the FS world. That's okay too! People like you help us make the gap between real life and simulation disappear. Ideally, a healthy balance of both real world aviation and simulation experience is what we're after. This is not to suggest, however, that we don't value a hefty quantity of either one.

Finally, we're looking for team players. Our ability to work together ultimately determines our success.

If being a part of the team is something you may be interested in, please private message this account with an introduction to yourself, and a summary of your aviation and/or simulation background. Each one of our candidates will be required to participate in a Discord interview which will give us an opportunity to get to know you, and see if we're a good fit for each other.

I'm looking forward to speaking with all of you!

Edited by capceo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!