Sign in to follow this  
Guest vas_yan

Multiple monitors again...

Guest vas_yan

With FS9 one has to Alt-Tab out of the sim to access other programs. Either that or run in windowed mode (which I don't really fancy).Will it be possible to run FSX on one monitor without losing transparency on the second one? I am not sure if I express this correctly, anyway, I am talking about something like the functionality of, say, WMP10 which can run fullscreen on one monitor while I can do whatever else I like on the second one.Kind regards,

Guest thedoggg

While I know many people surf the web, watch videos, listen to music etc. on the same computer running FS. It is easier to get a second computer and set up a small home network. That way you can do these things without affecting performance on your FS set up. I run dual monitors on my FS dedicated comp and have three others on the network(two desktops one laptop). The other comps don't have to be fancy like the FS one,they can be older desktops or a laptop. Network setups are great for long hauls since you have things to do while the autopilot is flying the plane on cruise.

Guest vas_yan

I agree and I do have a second PC. Actually both computers are connected to both monitors and I switch inputs as needed.Nevertheless, I need to acceass Squawkbox without Alt-Tabbing, not to mention there will be lots of people without a second PC, or others who can't afford or don't want to bother with WideFS.

Guest tdragger

If you want to run in full screen mode you won't be able to access other applications--you'll have to continue running in Windowed mode for this.

Guest vas_yan

Ok, thanks for the reply.