Sign in to follow this  

Hi guys,

is there anybody that have the B58 performance file for Little Navmap, it would also be great to upload it into the main performance data folder.

Thank you very much!

Hi Alex, thank you for your reply.

I thought that this method would be fairly precise compared to a hand-written profile and so I asked I anybody has already made it. Can you confirm me that the "Collect Performance for Flight" can be a reliable option to build an aircraft profile?

1 hour ago, GAN said:

Can you confirm me that the "Collect Performance for Flight" can be a reliable option to build an aircraft profile?

IMHO, I would suggest downloading one of the profiles and see what information it contains.  It can be opened in a text editor.

They aren't super detailed, so it depends on what information you are looking for.

Alex will obviously have add more info than I can give you.

Ernie

Edited by airernie

Ernest Pergrem

12 hours ago, GAN said:

I thought that this method would be fairly precise compared to a hand-written profile and so I asked I anybody has already made it. Can you confirm me that the "Collect Performance for Flight" can be a reliable option to build an aircraft profile?

I'd say that this option is quite reliable. LNM measures and averages fuel flow for climb, cruise and descent. Wind does not play a role when measuring since I record TAS. You can always fine tune the profile manually and change speeds or add contingency fuel.

Limitations on performance profiles and fuel calculation:

• You have to find out your average wind. I think ActiveSky gives you the wind for the flight plan. This can help for a more precise calculation. Otherwise open the flight plan in Skyvector (LNM -> Flight Plan -> Export to Others ...), enable the wind barbs in Skyvector and do your own rough estimate.
  • Different power settings are not considered. I'd suggest to make separate profiles for each power setting you use (economy, fastest, etc.).
  • A profile makes sense for one or a similar cruise altitude only. It does not consider lower fuel consumption at higher altitudes. Same as above. Make separate profiles for different cruise altitude ranges like 4000-7000 and 7000-10000 for the Baron.

I use the fuel planning even for airliners (MD-88, 732, 727 and the like on X-Plane) and it's doing quite well except in cases where I forgot to add the wind. :mellow:

Next LNM will use real high altitude wind forecast for a much better planning.

Alex