Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Install on P3D V4.4

Hi,

Being a former customer of 777 FS2Crew for FSX, I bought the new version FS2Crew PMDG 777 P3D64.exe

Order #

I have P3D V4.4

After launching the installer, it says "FS2Crew must be installed in your FSX (!!!) Root Folder". (I don't have FSX on my computer).

I then designated: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4

Then the program says : PMDG 777 not installed (while the PMDG 777 is installed and works correctly

- TONY -

Have you enabled it via the FS2Crew Control Panel?  That inserts the necessary bits and pieces into the aircraft panel - and then removes them again if you ever want to disable FS2Crew. 

ngxu_banner.png

Thanks ailchim.

I did not say clearcly but the the whole program wont install so I cannot access the FS2Crew control panel.

- TONY -

Hi Tony,

When you ran the FS2Crew installer, did the installer correct "auto-detect" where your P3D V4 Main Folder is?

You should not have to manually select the folder location.

Also, just to rule it out, are you 100 percent sure you ran the P3D V4 version of FS2Crew 777.

Did the installer info notes say "P3D V4"?

Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your help.

The installer did not detect automatically my P3D V4 main folder: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4

The name of the installer I ran is: FS2Crew PMDG 777 P3D64.exe

- TONY -

Hi Tony,

You have a registry problem with P3D V4 if the FS2Crew installer does not auto-detect where P3D V4 is.

We check for the same P3D V4 registry key as everyone else.

Did you try moving P3D to another location by copying and pasting it's folder or something without installing it or something?

Bryan,

I only do automatic installations for P3D and every addons.

fs2crew.png

Initially I designated D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4\MyProduct and I got the message "PMDG777 not found"

I've just tried I then designated: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4  and the installer runs fine.

PS: yes probably I have a registry problem with P3D V4; however it is strange that the installer for P3D refers to the FSX Folder.

- TONY -

19 minutes ago, Simicro said:

Bryan,

I only do automatic installations for P3D and every addons.

fs2crew.png

Initially I designated D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4\MyProduct and I got the message "PMDG777 not found"

I've just tried I then designated: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4  and the installer runs fine.

PS: yes probably I have a registry problem with P3D V4; however it is strange that the installer for P3D refers to the FSX Folder.

Yes, you have a registry problem. 

You should resolve it... because it will cause problems for other addon installers, too.

------"I've just tried I then designated: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4  and the installer runs fine."

So I guess everything is working fine now?

• Like 1

Thank you for your help Bryan.

I'll see to fix the registry.

At this time, everything working fine now.

Happy to use again the product on P3D.

- TONY -

Hi Bryan,

For your information, I had to make a complete and fresh reinstall of P3D and all addons: ChasePlane, FSTramp, Active Sky, do find the correct path to my P3D: D:\Simulators\Prepar3D v4

FS2Crew cannot 😞

I checked my registry and posted it on Lockeed Martin forum: there is nothing wrong with my registry.

- TONY -