Sign in to follow this  
THibben

Aircraft missing parts in external view

I have FSX with Acceleration and a high end system.  All seems to be running well except in external views the plane is always missing parts.

It never used to do this but is doing it now after completely reinstalling FSX.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Tom 

One thought only.....since reinstalling FSX did you remember to uncheck DX10 preview in your Settings/Customize/Graphics area?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Charlie,

My DX10 was on.  Thanks for helping.  It did fix that exterior view on some planes but not all.  The Carenado ones are resisting...grin

Thanks for your help.

Tom

Glad it worked out!  Can't believe that a Carenado aircraft requires DX10 to be on!  Maybe reinstalling them might be the fix?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Glad it worked out!  Can't believe that a Carenado aircraft requires DX10 to be on!  Maybe reinstalling them might be the fix?

Charlie,

I didn't mean Carenado needed DX10.  When I turned it off it still didn't help the exterior views.  They are still missing parts.

Tom

Very confusing!  Is it only the Carenado aircraft that have missing parts?

Charlie Aron

1 hour ago, charliearon said:

Very confusing!  Is it only the Carenado aircraft that have missing parts?

I have to reinstall more planes to check.  Since I did a total reinstall of FSX I am just starting to reinstall aircraft.

I may not get to it until tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

2 hours ago, THibben said:

I have to reinstall more planes to check.  Since I did a total reinstall of FSX I am just starting to reinstall aircraft.

I may not get to it until tomorrow.

Thanks for your help.

Tom

I don't know what happened, but I installed several more planes and suddenly all of the external views are good.

Who knows,

Tom

I also have a similar oddity.  In PDMG 737NGX, when moving my eye view point sideways to outside when in the virtual cockpit, I can rotate my point of view - but the wings do not connect to the fuselage.  The wings and engines are there - and then nothing.  I don't have DX10 on.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:27 AM, threebears said:

I also have a similar oddity.  In PDMG 737NGX, when moving my eye view point sideways to outside when in the virtual cockpit, I can rotate my point of view - but the wings do not connect to the fuselage.  The wings and engines are there - and then nothing.  I don't have DX10 on.

That’s because you’re still in the virtual cockpit view and the sim only shows the modeling that is called by that view. If you switch to spot or locked spot you should see the whole body of the aircraft.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I see, and thank you, though I have to report that in my 'partial' external view from the extended VC view I do see parts of the external fuselage, including (if on the ground, the open forward door.

Andrew