Sign in to follow this  
mossadrai

Scenario problem

Hello!

I just bought pilot2atc and I`m already loving it. However I think I have a problem related to it. My airport was ok with the gates and after I installed pilot2atc the plane is located as in the image when I start the flight at the gates.

Before using pilot2atc, and following captain-K recommendations on video, I made the taxi maintenaince and asked it to upload gates and taxiways. I think this might be the problem, because look at how the gates were uploaded at the left terminal (second image). But even bly clicking and dragging the blue markets to regular positions, the plane is still loaded in this odd position.

Thanks in advance for the help

BEST

5vawpg.jpg

axfi9l.jpg

Edited by mossadrai

The loading of the plane is not affected by the changes in Taxi Mnt.  However, Taxi Mnt does show that the gates in the scenery are offset and causing the problem.

To fix it in X-Plane, you would have to make  the changes in WED.  Then you could import to P2A and they will match.

Dave

Hey, Dave. Thanks for the help. I don’t have WED and don’t know if I could use it. Is there a way to "revert" the taxi mnt in pilot2atc itself so it gets the mapping of my airport?

When you import the taxiways and gates, it is getting the definition of the airport that is in X-Plane.  P2A only uses this info to give ATC instructions and it does not affect the scenery or display.  

So you should be able to get taxi instructions now, but your aircraft will start out halfway embedded in the airport, unless that is changed using WED.  Captain-K has some good videos on using WED.

OK, Dave. Thanks. But the airport was working well before that. This is why I thought it was pilot2atc related. If I reinstall airport pilot2atc will recognize the gates without taxi mnt?

BEST

If you want to revert P2A to the pre-import taxiway and gate data, then you should be able to load the backup files that were created when you did the import, assuming you only did one import.

Backup files are located in the ….\P2A...\Data\P2ABackups folder where P2A.... is the Pilot2ATC installation folder.

Dave

Dave, I talked to the designer of the airport, and the problem of loading the airplanes is solved. However, in pilot2atc the taxi mnt still shows the gates out of place. Why is that?

Does it take the configuration from my specific airport scenery or from the general x-plane airports? I think it’s the last, since the gates are not being updated.

P2A takes the info based on the Scenery_packs.ini file.  It looks for an entry with the airport identifier in the entry.  If you have a multi-airport scenery pack that does not include the airport identifiers in the title, then it will miss that entry and keep looking and lastly use the global scenery.  If that is the case, rename the scenery pack to include  the airport identifiers.

Also, be sure the airport scenery is the first one listed with the airport identifier in the ini file.  Sometimes roads or other scenery will carry an airport identifier and confuse the importer.

Dave

Thanks! It worked in the taxi mnt :-) But when I open the Info file the old gates are shown. How to correct that too? Thanks for your patience

Edited by mossadrai