Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Major Sim Issues: Addons not working, program crashing...-

snpower, you are not alone... I have been following this post as I have the same problem , the native P3D simconnect works but any app that uses the old FSX simconnect.dll does not detect the sim , I use JinFS and Little navmap that both use the FSX simconnect and nione works , JFS reports looking  for sim and never finds it  I deleted Registry entries and uninstalled V4.5 , V4.5+HF and V4 and none makes a diff I also tried V3 , I beleive it is a windows problem somehow , I run FSC /Scannow Ok and also run the simconnect.ini for a log but it only logs about the P3D native simconnect nothing about the fsx ones , ( I know because SpadNext uses simconnect native and works OK.)

The .ini and .xml simconnect are for logging or for remote connection to a SIM , nothing to do with this as it is a local install , also PlanG uses simconnect and it does not work.

Very strange problem...  JoinFS has a monitor function , if I uninstall the FSX simconnect and start JFS it reports the simconnect  fsx is not installed , I then install it and reports cannot find sim...

Jorge

Edited by aeronauta

My latest Win10 update was ..

May 21, 2019—KB4497934 (OS Build OS 17763.529)

Same issue with Flashlight...as I have autoconnect it turns the green led on andoff but nothing happens as it cannot connect...

Question. Have any of you suffering this posted on LMs forum or filled out a trouble ticket? 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I dont think this is an LM problem... I tested it with P3D from V3 to V4.5+HF...at the moment I have a clean install of V4.5+hf and no add ons.

Jorge

I uninstalled the latest Win update and tested but no change...???

Jorge

So I might be a bit closer to nailing down the issue:

I've been at this since 0600 eastern time... I reformatted my main drive (Windows and Prepar3D), and did a full install of Windows 10 letting it install all updates.

Next, I installed P3D v4.4.16.27077. The Lorby flashlight worked as soon as I launched P3D! Feeling lucky, I moved to 4.5 and the fun stopped. I'm back to no simconnect.I sure hate to install Windows again??

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

1 hour ago, 188AHC said:

Question. Have any of you suffering this posted on LMs forum or filled out a trouble ticket? 

No Sir, not as of yet.

There is a hot fix available for 4.5.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

snpower uninstall 4.5 and go back to 4.4 and see... (full uninstall)

Jorge

26 minutes ago, 188AHC said:

There is a hot fix available for 4.5.

But my issue started running with the Hotfix...

and it looks that something is changed somewhere as after that I installed V3 to V4.5+hf and none worked...

Jorge

@Lorby-SI , Oliver you wrote the flashlight app and it is not working , I think you are the best placed to see what is missing or wrong in the SIM or the system...

It runs and the little green dot flashes on and off , the Lamp on and Lamp Off  boxes remain greyed out and a small msg window pops up canot connect to sim...

Jorge