Sign in to follow this  
snpower

Major Sim Issues: Addons not working, program crashing...-

2 hours ago, aeronauta said:

@Lorby-SI , Oliver you wrote the flashlight app and it is not working , I think you are the best placed to see what is missing or wrong in the SIM or the system...

It runs and the little green dot flashes on and off , the Lamp on and Lamp Off  boxes remain greyed out and a small msg window pops up canot connect to sim...

Jorge

Hello Jorge,

I conducted a test just now on my devel laptop. Full uninstall of P3D 4.4 and full install of "Prepar3D_v4_Professional_4.5.12.30293" - fresh download from my account.

I can't detect any problems, the flashlight works just fine.

Should I apply a specific method or sequence for the P3D 4.5 update? What Antivirus / Firewall are you using?

Best regards 

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Hi Oliver , thank you..

I run v4.5  latest(+HF) and tested without antivirus (I use Windows security)  I scan the whole system (offline scan) removed Firewall!!! for what was worth.. nothing ... just flashes the green light and gives me the msg window..

Nothing special about the install , uninstall from programs and features and install the full P3D again  as an admin. Does not seem related to the sim or any app , its the way the app is looking for simconnect , although it is installed it cannot see it ( all apps running in admin mode and without admin mode no diff) ..I have spadNext and that is the only app that runs OK as it does not require any of the legacy simconnect .as you say the flashlight uses the native simconnect I am surprised that we cannot get a connection hece my q to you..

Jorge

4 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

as you say the flashlight uses the native simconnect I am surprised that we cannot get a connection hece my q to you..

The Flashlight app has been compiled with the Prepar3D v4 SDK 4.4.16.27106 SimConnect libraries. It works perfectly fine for me in 4.5, so I can't really help with troubleshooting. If you want, I can compile a version using the 4.5 libraries too, but even if that works, it doesn't change anything regarding the trouble with other apps.

Make sure that .Net has been updated too, IIRC 4.6.2 and/or 4.7.2.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Not much I can d about 4..6.2. as 4.7 is automatically installed by Win...

Jorge

19 minutes ago, aeronauta said:

Not much I can d about 4..6.2. as 4.7 is automatically installed by Win...

Jorge

Win10 also has 3.5 - .Net versions aren't updates of each other. Having 4.7 does not mean that you can run 4.0 software. If specific versions are required, you install them in parallel, like Java REs.

But installing 4.6.2 probably won't make any difference anyway.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Good Morning. 

So I uninstalled 4.5, rebooted, then installed 4.4 - and Simconnect did not work. I ended up reformatting my drive and installing Windows 10 again. This is after following published uninstall directions which take into account folders not addressed by the uninstaller. 

I now have a clean system and a fresh install of 4.4 working with Simconnect. I have imaged the drive using Macrium Reflect and will move onto 4.5 once again and see...

Edited by snpower

ATP BE300 BE400 CE500 CE560XL DA20 MU300

As of now I have 4.5 with the Hotfix up and running with Simconnect. The only thing in this entire process that I changes was that I have traditionally updated the client ever since installing 4.1 or 4.2 (can't recall). This time, for each install I ran the full setup routine.

Now to start back in with the addons. I sure am enjoying the flashlight!!

So on a susequent launch of the sim I was presented with a dialog box to enable Envtex. As it was a clean install, I did not have Envdir or Envtex installed, so I am unsure as to where the sim was picking this up from. I selected 'No', and then Simconnect would not work. I ended up reverting to my last disk image and thus far I have installed ChasePlane and Active Sky and they both connect.

1 hour ago, snpower said:

So on a susequent launch of the sim I was presented with a dialog box to enable Envtex. As it was a clean install, I did not have Envdir or Envtex installed, so I am unsure as to where the sim was picking this up from. I selected 'No', and then Simconnect would not work. I ended up reverting to my last disk image and thus far I have installed ChasePlane and Active Sky and they both connect.

If, by clean install, you mean you uninstalled the previous installation and then installed anew, then it really isn't a "clean" installation, as uninstalling P3D leaves the add-on content in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, and the new installation will then see and automatically add those add-ons back in.  To truly install "clean" you have to separately remove what the uninstaller leaves behind, especially the add-ons in the automatically scanned directory or directories.

Regards

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

1 hour ago, w6kd said:

If, by clean install, you mean you uninstalled the previous installation and then installed anew, then it really isn't a "clean" installation, as uninstalling P3D leaves the add-on content in the Prepar3D v4 Add-ons folder, and the new installation will then see and automatically add those add-ons back in.  To truly install "clean" you have to separately remove what the uninstaller leaves behind, especially the add-ons in the automatically scanned directory or directories.

Regards

I followed the directions to delete six folders the uninstaller leaves behind. However, I’m suspicious that due to the sheer number of attempts I could have left the add-on.xml file intact; this file (and Envtex) have caused me headaches before and I’m going to query TOGA about this...

before uninstalling running from the P3D root Delete Generated Files gives you a clean install...

Jorge

Has this problem been fixed?? if so please the solution...thank you..

Jorge

The solution was to do a re-format of my main drive, re-install Windows 10 with all updates, then follow that with the P3D installation. As long as I leave my Prepar 3D Files and Prepar 3D Add On folders where they are (I have moved the Documents folder to my D Drive using Windows) simconnect functions.

snpower , if you saw my P3D post , the solution is in windows , I created a new admin user and all is good , even apps that are from the oher user can find the SIM now , so I don;t  know what it was but it works .

Jorge