Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

AI traffic in instant replay?

A nice feature to implement in FS X (or FS XI?) would be to include AI traffic in instant replay. After a landing I always enjoy replaying the last few minutes of the landing from a passengers viewpoint. What spoils the illusion however is always to arrive at empty airports, because AI traffic disappears while replaying. This would of course imply the instant replay feature would need to record the position and behaviour of all AI traffic at the airport. Maybe it could be a feature you could disable if your computer isn't too powerful (because recording extra information would tax your system during a critical phase of the flight). There would also be no point in recording AI traffic while in flight, so recording would not have to start until you're below a certain altitude or even until the wheels touch the runway.Anybody else interested?Paul

I find it hard to believe that recording AI's state would tax the system to a level making it impossible with most machines. Just take a look at almost any modern air combat sim and the replay features there (LOMAC, Falcon 4 "Allied Forced" etc [the latter is 5 years old btw]). Sure enough, the MSFS franchise is ALOT more open ended than any of these products but which often means it takes more power to achieve the same thing but, again, I doubt that alone would make a feature like this one impossible.Would love to see it!/Jonas

That can already be done. Haven't you ever tried the new recorder module?http://www.neusinger.net/recorder List of main features: * recording flights of unlimited length * replay * jumping forward/backward during playback * playback control via keyboard or control window * loop part of a recording * change playback speed * custom keyboard controls * recorded data is customizable (available are throttles, control surfaces, gear, flaps, spoilers, lights, engines on/off, propeller/mixture, nav and com radios, data/time, smoke)Note, it doesn't record the AI traffic, but will not disable AI when played back...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest tdragger

I keep meaning to try it (although that would mean re-installing FS2004). Hopefully we can get the developer a copy of the FSX SDK. It would be cool to see this in FSX.

>Hopefully we can get the developer a>copy of the FSX SDK.That would save me a lot of "hacking" :-hah Regards,Matthias (recorder developer)

>>Hopefully we can get the developer a>>copy of the FSX SDK.>>That would save me a lot of "hacking" :-hah >>Regards,>Matthias (recorder developer)Hi Matthias! :-wave As you can see, good things can happen to good people... Thank you ever so much for your wonderful contribution to FS. I thoughly enjoy using your Recorder module while working on ESDG project development.One of the neatest feature is not being "time bound," meaning I can fly an approach during the daytime, and play it back at night... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator