Sign in to follow this  
P_7878

No one is flying this nice plane....?

Please excuse my "catchy" phrase/title...what I actually mean folks are surely flying it, but they do not probably have time to post any pictures here. I'm referring to the Aerosoft/Digital Aviation CRJ. I do not lately recall seeing any pictures of it, and, as for myself, I checked: it has been exactly 8 months and a week since my last flight with it (my last post for it was also my last flight with it). This is such a fantastic SIM...it surely begs to be flown more often. Personally, my problem is this: starting from scratch all over again, it took me today (non-stop) 8 hours to complete a 300nm flight from start-to-finish (making a diligent effort to go through the full Tutorial-based Cold & Dark procedure). Pardon my slowness...I think, if there were any actual PAX in the Cabin, they would surely be also wondering why this individual (I mean the "Pilot") is taking such a long time to get the engines started...in my defense, I would say, this is really a complex start-up procedure, if one does by the book, especially for someone like me, who has not flown it much. My (less than satisfactory) supporting notes from the last flight did not help either. But, seriously, I realized today that this is one of the finest (and most enjoyable) SIMs in my current collection. Also, I personally find a special appeal in jetliners that typically fly over 300nm-400nm distances rather than 3000nm-4000nm! So, if you don't have this SIM, and wish to enjoy the challenge of a Regional Jet, do consider it! It's great fun (and learning too)!

The other motivation for this post is that I picked up a couple of MSE titles yesterday on their 50% SALE, one of which is SPAIN (Central). I'd already Spain North....do not yet have Spain South, but, instead of it, I preferred to buy one of the (MSE V3) U.S states. Anyway, please find below a flight south to north in the Iberian Peninsula (along the Sierra de Gredos and Sierra de Guadarrama mountain ranges of Central Spain) from Badajoz (LEBZ) to Zaragoza (LEZG). To test the (very nice) SimBrief Flight Planner on my CRJ, I created a SimBrief flightplan (see a screenshot for it) with 3-4 (custom) LAT/LONG waypoints (instead of usual airways) - wishing to closely track/overfly the peaks of the above mountain ranges. I then uploaded this flight plan into the CRJ's FMS for navigation. Hope you enjoy the below images as much as I enjoyed this flight. I've opted to fly this CRJ in the Qantas Link livery, which just happened to catch my fancy. Thanks for viewing these pictures from this wonderful SIM. And, Good Memorial Day Weekend to the folks in U.S., and, of course, good rest of the weekend to others! My flight-quota for this weekend is done, but, I do hope to find some time to pick up a couple of Airports from the Orbx's on-going SALE! [AS/DA(CRJ-700)/MSE(Spain)/REX]

9EFX9Y.png

jR7iTi.png

vkIVHS.png

OJLF0X.png

vkIaQJ.png

DoLRgg.png

J3gLNN.png

YWfb6g.png

2bxVds.png

K7uq0k.png

yfVaUE.png

2faeTm.png

hPP0p4.png

SPfMZ9.png

oHUAGt.png

LxXHgG.png

NViBbJ.png

YW5ewh.png

7GPVsQ.png

IvLXSB.png

Edited by P_7878
  • Like 8

**Fantastic Shots**

• Like 1

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

The plane looks really fantastic, as do your screenshots P_7878!! I seem to have the same problem, you encounter: too many planes in my virtual hangar. I for example haven't flown "my" a2a Connie in ages, although I love the plane 😉 And now that I move between P3D and XP11, leaning more and more towards XP11 with custom generated photoscenery, it will collect even more dust, I'm afraid  

• Like 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080

2 hours ago, bernd1151 said:

The plane looks really fantastic, as do your screenshots P_7878!! I seem to have the same problem, you encounter: too many planes in my virtual hangar. I for example haven't flown "my" a2a Connie in ages, although I love the plane 😉 And now that I move between P3D and XP11, leaning more and more towards XP11 with custom generated photoscenery, it will collect even more dust, I'm afraid  

I am the same way, too many P3D add-on aircraft, all of which I like.  I lean towards Xplane11 because even with my heavy photoscenery use, it loads much faster than P3D with a lower res photo scenery.  But otherwise the sims compare well and except in one or two instances, my payware titles do not overlap so both sims can get mileage when I want to fly a specific title.

John

• Like 1

Thanks all! Patrick, Bernd, John: Appreciated the extra comments. Yes, in our passion, we surely gather more than we can really do justice to...

[Bernd: BTW, I wouldn't mind a few close-up pictures of that A2A Connie over some custom photo scenery...🙂...]

• Like 1

9 hours ago, P_7878 said:

Bernd: BTW, I wouldn't mind a few close-up pictures of that A2A Connie over some custom photo scenery.

With pleasure, but the a2a Connie is for P3D and my custom photoscenery is for XP11 😉 I don't know, how to create my own photoscenery in P3D.

So, P_7878, if you don't mind I'll fly her in P3D over US photoscenery from MSE, which I think is pretty good

• Upvote 1

Any attempt to stretch fuel is guaranteed to increase headwinds

My specs: AMD Radeon RX6700XT, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB RAM, 34" monitor, screen resolution: 2560x1080