Sign in to follow this  
Sean Paul Jackson

Launch RC already in flight

Hi Ed,

Post it but I’m not sure I can help as I don’t have FSX. If it worked okay yesterday but not today then what did you do that was different?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Absolutely nothing different from what you instructed that's why I don't understand this issue. If it's okay I'll just post it here if memory serves me correctly I can't post directly would you be so kind as to provide  me with a link to some place that I can put it up to so you can have a look at it thank you my friend

Hi Ed,

AvSim don't host images so you need to use a service like Dropbox which is free for 1Gb or thereabouts. Without seeing an error message it's hard to work out the problem.

You were airborne I presume and have autosave enabled in FSUIPC? What period is set?

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Yes airborne over the Pacific KLAX-RJTT PMDG 777-300. Saving every 5 minutes. I'l upload screen shot later, it's 5:30 A,M, here 😆

Hi Ed,

I really need to know how you're setting up your flights. Can you post a screenshot of your General settings please.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Hi Ray,

Here's that screenshot I mentioned

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/Error%20Message%20from%20FSX.jpg?role=personal

https://www.dropbox.com/preview/General%20Settings.jpg?role=personal

Ed

Sorry Ed but those links don’t work. In fact they’re not links.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

When you want to attach an image click on Insert other Media and choose Insert image from URL. You should then be able to paste the link into that.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry Ray I got really confused with this. This is not been a good day for me sorry. I'll try again tomorrow I just couldn't seem to create or find a URL to download my pictures

Hi Ed,

The way to get images here is to put the jpg into Dropbox\Public folder and then share the file. You need to create a link and then copy it. Then using Insert other media link in the AvSim reply box paste the link into that.

I've looked back in this forum for GPS problems and can't find any so yours appear to be a unique problem. You've had this process working once so I'm unsure why it wouldn't continue to work.

But really, the loading of a RCD file is when FSX has crashed, not for normal situations. If you're flying long haul why not just pause the sim and unpause when you're ready to continue the flight. RC even has an option to pause the sim x miles from the destination.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ed, this shows you how to post images in the forum.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Ed,

The two links have merged into a single one but I managed to separate them. The message is "Error loading GPS. The flight plan will not be used."

The flight you are initially loading into FSX contains a flight plan. You need to load a flight that doesn't contain a flight plan and then load the RCD via RC4.

That should fix it. I got the solution here. https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?288546-Error-loading-gps-in-fsx-at-start

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather