Sign in to follow this  
Sean Paul Jackson

Launch RC already in flight

Hi Ray,

Here's my flight planning process and saving process

1 I go to Flightaware.com, then I choose departure and destination. Scan through the available flights

2 Copy the list of waypoints

3 Next stop is Simbrief.com, I fill in the applicable information.

4 Next step in Simbrief is to generate an OPP plan. That gives me the option of where to download the flight plan in the correct format to. FSX .pln, And .rte for PMDG routes

5 Those go into MY Documents\ FSX Flight Plans for the FSX .pln and FSX/PMDG//flight plans\ appropriate aircraft for .rte

6 Next I load FSX, then I load my aircraft of choice and then departure airport and gate

7 Then do necessary aircraft setup. Load RC4 then load flight plan etc. From My documents/ FSX flight plans.

Saving flight in progress. Choose ; or : (forget which) LOL and in the window  enter flight # departure and destination and date. Now theoretically I load a FSX default aircraft, go to RC and previously saved RCD's and choose my last saved flight. Which should load my current flight and aircraft in the correct location. This works for about 2-3 days and then fails with the messages we've been discussing.

Ed

Ed,

I cannot comprehend why something would work for 2-3 days and then stop working.

When you have saved a flight and have exited FSX I assume it’s because you want to continue the flight the next day. So launch FSX so the Free Flight window is visible. Select a default aircraft and choose your departure airport. Start Flight.

When FSX is loaded then start RC4 and choose the RCD. FSX should then position your saved aircraft at the place it was when the flight was saved. You should not get the GPS message. If you do I’m out of ideas, sorry.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Well I guess I'll have to accept good old FSX ATC. Fortunately I have the freeware version of edit voice pack which at least gives me a little bit better ATC. So until such time as I get this issue resolved that's what I'll be using thanks for all your help Ray

Edited by Ed Kammerman

Ed,

There is a simple solution. Just fly your route without reloading RC. How long are your flights? I can't remember the last time I had to load a saved RCD.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

8 minutes ago, Ed Kammerman said:

Hi Ray, most are anywhere between 6 and 12 hours.

Then keep the sim running overnight and set pause x miles from destination in RC4.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Sorry, to be late, but I just saw this thread and since I have done a lot of successful resumes with FSX and Rc4 allow me a commnt on the relaoding method Ray mentions:

Restart FSX

• Load the last saved autosave and choose Fly Now.
  • Start RC and load the last RCD file.
  • Start RC4.

The method I used was different. I don't use FSUIPC's autosave (AFAIK it's built into the Rc4  "Save RC/SF State" function):

1. Save the flight with your RC4 key combination "Save RC/SF State" creating RCD/FLT/FSSAVE/WX files. End FSX.
3. Resuming: Start FSX with your standard flight. A/c has to be ready at the gate (mine is the Trike at my home airport).
2. Start RC4, load the previously saved .RCD.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

Hi Andreas,

I don't remember seeing  "Save RC/SF State" as an option in RC. My usual save process when flying with or even without RC is ; Which is supposed to create all the necessary files (.RCD etc) when I'm using RC, I start my flight with the default Trike airborne over Friday Harbor, then load RC and my last saved .RCD. The point I'm trying to make is that after I get the error message that's behind the RC screen, I can't use RC. I'll look in the manual for the alternate save method.

Ed

Hi Ed,
"Save RC/SF State" is the last item in Rc4's "Keyboard Definitions", Is that your  " ; "?
What I don't understand is " My usual save process when flying with or even without RC". This keyboard definition is supposed to work only in Rc4.
Does your usual save process create all necessary files ( RCD/FLT/FSSAVE/WX)? Otherwise your restart procedure is correct. That's why I think the problem is in the saving procedure.

If you save Rc4 with the key combination in "keyboard definitions" you will for a short time see a longish filename like "219-58957-LFSBEGLL_FSX_04Aug19-7$1.rcd" in your Rc4 window. There is nothing to "enter flight # departure and destination and date". It's done already and in your flightplan folder you should see 4 files with identical names and RCD/FLT/FSSAVE/WX extensions.

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

6 hours ago, Ed Kammerman said:

Hi Ray, can we still upload log files maybe we can look through there and see what the issue might be thanks Ed

Only the author can decypher a log file and John doesn't support RC any longer. The save process is the default FSX one whether called manually or via AutoSave in FSUIPC. Without being able to sit in front of your PC and go through the Load process it's impossible for me to work out what's going wrong. And I can't replicate the situation as I don't have FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

On 9/11/2019 at 11:14 PM, Ed Kammerman said:

and in the window  enter flight # departure and destination and date

Regards,

Andreas Gutzwiller

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Only the author can decypher a log file and John doesn't support RC any longer. The save process is the default FSX one whether called manually or via AutoSave in FSUIPC. Without being able to sit in front of your PC and go through the Load process it's impossible for me to work out what's going wrong. And I can't replicate the situation as I don't have FSX.

Thanks Ray