Sign in to follow this  
Paul12

Has anybody installed GTN-750 into Windows 10

Has anybody installed GTN-750 into Windows 10 and was is OK

I am just looking for a simple yes/no answer.

Thanks

Paul12

Herbert Werni

Yes

Richard Chafey

i7-8700K @4.8GHz - 32Gb @3200  - ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero - EVGA RTX3090 - 3840x2160 Res - KBSim Gunfighter - Thrustmaster Warthog dual throttles - Crosswind V3 pedals

MSFS 2020, DCS

Can you explain how you did it ? For whatever reason I cannot do it.

Very much appreciated.

Paul 12

Herbert Werni

Simply ran the e-commerce installer, supplied the required information and let it do its thing.

Edited by RXP

David Porrett

Hi Herbert
I disabled my firewall and auto-protect virus scanner before installing (as I do for everything). Then I simply unzipped and ran the "rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe" file as Administrator, accepting all the default options for file installation. I launched FSX:SE and then used the in-sim menus to configure the RXP.
I found the whole installation process to be straightforward and typical of most such installations.
If you are having problems then perhaps check that you are running the RXP installation and your sim as "Administrator" and also check that your virus scanner is not removing any installation files which are critical to the installation.
Does this help you?

Best regards

Rupert

11 minutes ago, CB_Pilot said:

Then I simply unzipped and ran the "rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe" file as Administrator, accepting all the default options for file installation.

There is no need to run as Administrator and RXP recommends that you do not!

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

1 hour ago, fppilot said:

1 hour ago, CB_Pilot said:

Then I simply unzipped and ran the "rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe" file as Administrator, accepting all the default options for file installation.

There is no need to run as Administrator and RXP recommends that you do not!

Ah! I didn’t know that - thanks for correcting that. 

Best regards

Rupert

18 hours ago, CB_Pilot said:

Hi Herbert
I disabled my firewall and auto-protect virus scanner before installing (as I do for everything). Then I simply unzipped and ran the "rxpGTN-750-FSIM.exe" file as Administrator, accepting all the default options for file installation. I launched FSX:SE and then used the in-sim menus to configure the RXP.
I found the whole installation process to be straightforward and typical of most such installations.
If you are having problems then perhaps check that you are running the RXP installation and your sim as "Administrator" and also check that your virus scanner is not removing any installation files which are critical to the installation.
Does this help you?

I have to bug you again if you do not mind.

You launch FSX.SE.Is this the flight simulator and if not where can I find it ( FSX.SE )

Thank you again

As you can see,I am a total beginner

Herbert Werni

17 hours ago, CB_Pilot said:

Ah! I didn’t know that - thanks for correcting that. 

No problem, we always learn something new every day!

Worst case: imagine a bug in the installer which tries to delete an older installed file, but instead of

"delete C:\Path\SubPath\*.*"

it turns into

"delete C:\*.*"

Never let this happen because an add-on vendor tells you to install or run as-admin, only because products are developed out of antiquated Windows XP practices...

1 minute ago, Paul12 said:

You launch FSX.SE.Is this the flight simulator and if not where can I find it ( FSX.SE )

Yes FSX.SE means Flight Simulator X - Steam Edition.

PS: having said this, there is an issue now identified and corrected in the future update which is affecting the GTN and the GNS V2: if you're running any of these the first time as-admin, it will create 'working' files which are accessible by 'as-admin' only. This is normal and expected since you're running as-admin. However the next time you try to run the sim as the normal user, these won't be read/write accessible and the GTN/GNS V2 will show the dreaded black screen. We're taking measures for this not to happen anymore eventhough you're running as-admin.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

1 hour ago, RXP said:

Never let this happen because an add-on vendor tells you to install or run as-admin, only because products are developed out of antiquated Windows XP practices...

Thank you - this is useful information.

Best regards

Rupert

On 5/26/2019 at 1:10 PM, Paul12 said:

Has anybody installed GTN-750 into Windows 10 and was is OK

I am just looking for a simple yes/no answer.

Thanks

Paul12

yes, it is working flawless.

• Like 1