Sign in to follow this  
GeoSkyman

P3D4.5 HF STRANGE FPS DROP

Hello, I describe my issue and if someone knows the reason.

With FSLabs 320 at LCLK Apron Airport with 35-40 FPS pre flight preparation.

Taxiing to the runway, still equal FPS . Exact while entering the runway for take off the FPS drops down to 15-18 FPS.

Any Idea?

Geo

1 hour ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Hello, I describe my issue and if someone knows the reason.

With FSLabs 320 at LCLK Apron Airport with 35-40 FPS pre flight preparation.

Taxiing to the runway, still equal FPS . Exact while entering the runway for take off the FPS drops down to 15-18 FPS.

Any Idea?

Geo

I'm not sure what the deal is. Ever since FSL updated the A320 for the 4.5HF, my FSL performance has been terrible. It's fine with my other addon aircraft.

NAX669.png

Well, have no idea, as soon as I gain altitude FPS climbs up to 35-40.

During landings as touching the ground drops again

Geo

I'm not sure what happens with my Sim aswell. I have horrible FPS lately. Landing in T2G EDDM was a slideshow with 10..14 FPS. Have no idea what is causing this since there were "a lot" of updates / new addons.

Also a weird thing is that all my Cores (incl. Logical cores) were shown as beeing evenly used which I haven't seen before in my P3D Life. This is on W10 Home 1903....

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

5 hours ago, GEKtheReaper said:

Also a weird thing is that all my Cores (incl. Logical cores) were shown as being evenly used which I haven't seen before in my P3D Life. This is on W10 Home 1903....

If all your CPU cores are active, there is a lot of scenery loading going on.. could it just be that this airport puts an awful lot of load on your system, and slows things down?

What happens if you go to a default airport somewhere, away from the detailed scenery?

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

13 hours ago, georgiosgiannoukos said:

Exact while entering the runway for take off the FPS drops down to 15-18 FPS.

Well, have no idea, as soon as I gain altitude FPS climbs up to 35-40.

During landings as touching the ground drops again

Geo

Sounds like it could be the landings lights illuminating the ground which is very hard on the GPU, in particular if you also have some dynamic lights on in the VC. I always make sure all flood lights are completely turned off when the landing lights are on.

Edited by RALF9636

Hmm , i also is having bad FPS drop with latest 4.5HF1 and the FSL A320 . FPS about 30% lower than the NGX but today i hardly can make it 20-25fps (drops to 15fps never had so bad performance in EKYT and EKCH)

I also noticed that the CPU even at 22% used and no core higher than 30% still gives me 20 fps were i normally would have room.

I cant find an HardwareAcceleration in registry as i dont have the .Avalon in it and the P3D.CFG do have one = true

Any suggestion ?

Dynamic lights is also ok with my GTX1080ti so its not that

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Have also the Nvidia 1080ti, with 32 GB ram. Never had this issue in the previous versions of p3d. GPU Drivers are always with clean install.

Geo

I was on the same boat as you guys ... lost close to 8-10 fps after installing 4.5HF and upgrading to the latest version of the FSL A320.

Today I reinstalled the 4.5HF (Client only) and moved the "UMPolicy" file away from the Fslabs\A320\data  folder and when prompted by FSL menu on restart if I wanted to use "optimal" settings, I unselected the checkbox and clicked "continue".

Another thing I did was set the VC frame rate target on the MCDU options to 25fps.

Now I'm back to "normal", it seems. I'm on a 6700k @ 4.6 with a 1080ti running at 4k resolution. With FSL A320 on FlyTampa's KBOS in stormy weather I'm getting 25-29fps (I have the internal limiter set to 30).  The only tweak I have on my Prepar3d.cfg is FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.15 and I have HT off in BIOS. No affinity mask is being used.

Hope this helps.

Edited by evaamo
correction

Enrique Vaamonde

HT off in BIOS is very importent , very very importent !

the secret which is the core of low FPS , shadow.   turnoff the cloud shadow and turn short the shadow distance

and AI

19 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

If all your CPU cores are active, there is a lot of scenery loading going on.. could it just be that this airport puts an awful lot of load on your system, and slows things down?

The Problem is that I have this issue only lately (lately = from P3D 4.5.11 and 4.5.12). The sim is barely usable…..

Gerald K. - Germany

Core i7 10700 / ASUS ROG Gaming-E / ASUS Strix  RTX 3090 OC / 32 Gb RAM GSKILL.

"Flightstick" = X56 HOTAS RGB Logitech

This is a thing with the new fsl.  I know 3 people and myself that have had issues when hitting the '.'" key it stutters like nuts. 

For me I can only use the fsl if I 

A. put on HT,

B. Put in an affinity mask

C. Delete the fsconfigrator. Exe

D. Click on disable full screen optimisation in p3dv4 properties

If I don't do any of those 4 its unusable.    As to why I have no idea. 

The other guys I know also have had to fiddle with settings to get it to play nicely.  We spent the whole last week on discord trouble shooting a broken airbus.  It was like being in work 

JPEG-20190429-095833.png

Edited by tooting
  • Upvote 1

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

This is a thing with the new fsl.  I know 3 people and myself that have had issues when hitting the '.'" key it stutters like nuts. 

For me I can only use the fsl if I 

A. put on HT,

B. Put in an affinity mask

C. Delete the fsconfigrator. Exe

D. Click on disable full screen optimisation in p3dv4 properties

If I don't do any of those 4 its unusable.    As to why I have no idea. 

The other guys I know also have had to fiddle with settings to get it to play nicely.  We spent the whole last week on discord trouble shooting a broken airbus.  It was like being in work 

JPEG-20190429-095833.png

Well the  all new version is a little beast also for me. What happens if you delete the configurator? 

I have alot of FPS DIP also in FL350. It dips to below my 25fps controlled by TV HZ. 

Also fighting a bit with the remote MCDU which also is very very slow to react. Sometimes its not even updating.

I noticed after latest Windows update that my network has changed from privat to public. I just put it back again and have disabled Windows Defender via GPEDIT. MSC. Also lots of network problems with Active Sky even with ports being opened on both maschines. Maybe it contributes to these fps drop.

Updating the GPU driver to latest did not make it worse but not really an issue before. 

But I am not sure 4.5HF1 is doing me good with an old 4770K@4.6 

Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

i still cant fly it into LGW, LHR , YYZ, LAS ETC ETC with the proformance being word not allowed 

14ppkc-6.png