Sign in to follow this  
iflygary

Has Carenado Taken a Hiatus

I have been checking Carenado and Alabeo's  Facebook pages and outside of updating their planes for X-Plane there's not much in the production line.  I know they have taken  a "beating" by some but at least they always gave us different models to sit in, kick the tires and go.  Also if you look around the world of Orbx most of their planes are in lots of screenshots.  Truly  their planes are bought.  I know they're not perfect but it's nice to get a taste of flying many different aircraft models in the flight sim.  That's exactly what they have done. Does anyone know what's happening with them?? Just curious to know.

Gary

With the northern summer approaching maybe they are taking a holiday.

David Porrett

It would be nice if they took a little break from creating and took some time to fix the little bugs in their existing planes.  For example some of the earlier Alabeo planes have a issue with the ADF  gauge.  When you tune the degrees, it will jump from about 340 to 355 or so.  I have reported some issues with the G1000 in the Carenado CT182T and it was never fixed even after they released updates.  I finally fixed it my self for my own personal use.  The Alabeo 310R has an issue with the EGT and OAT gauges not reading correctly.  They make some visually stunning planes but seem to fail with updates.  Some of the other manufacturers like Milviz, Just Flight and Flight 1 seem to fix their planes until the bugs are fixed.

John Cottreau

Edited by johncott
  • Like 2

Specs: black box thingy with spinning fans, lights and a bunch of wires that go to screens with pretty colours and a keyboard with many keys. The black box thingy also has a push button activated coffee cup holder.

John C.

I agree, John, they have so many beautiful aircraft, but all seem to have issues that remain unaddressed.  I'd like to see Carenado fix the bugs before moving on to another new release.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:24 PM, Bob650 said:

Looks like they have a Shorts 330 in the works.

I just noticed this on their webpage today also. Judging by the screenshots, it seems to be at a more advanced stage of development than the Embraer 120, which has been on the 'Incoming' page for a long time now although the preview screenshots of the 120 have not shown any progress for many months.

As for Alabeo, they appear to have gone into complete hibernation!

Bill