Sign in to follow this  
Eduard

MCE bored. It is always detecting commands and im in silence

Hi, I have a good and new headset. I can't use MCE because it is always detecting commands that I no say. For example im in silence and the co-pilot says speed 135 set match? what? check item. When I follow the checklist it recognizes what I am saying very well but it detects other commands in between for example checklist to taxi. Nose lights? set to taxi. flaps?  (speed 135 set already set don't say that to me captain baladsasdfkjdasbfdsfbdsk)  It's really frustrating. 

this is not happening with FS2crew and both use the same headset and the same voice recognition.

Any advice?, I don't want to think I throw to the paper basket 80 euro. I have passed the voice recognition train for the computer. I have a not bad English accent. The main problem is not the software does not understand me. the problem is that I say nothing and the command for speed, for example, is always being said by the copilot. Sometimes it seems it has an addiction to that command sometimes I think it consumes another type of speed.

cheers

Edited by Eduard

2 hours ago, Eduard said:

Hi, I have a good and new headset. I can't use MCE because it is always detecting commands that I no say. For example im in silence and the co-pilot says speed 135 set match? what? check item. When I follow the checklist it recognizes what I am saying very well but it detects other commands in between for example checklist to taxi. Nose lights? set to taxi. flaps?  (speed 135 set already set don't say that to me captain baladsasdfkjdasbfdsfbdsk)  It's really frustrating. 

this is not happening with FS2crew and both use the same headset and the same voice recognition.

Any advice?, I don't want to think I throw to the paper basket 80 euro. I have passed the voice recognition train for the computer. I have a not bad English accent. The main problem is not the software does not understand me. the problem is that I say nothing and the command for speed, for example, is always being said by the copilot. Sometimes it seems it has an addiction to that command sometimes I think it consumes another type of speed.

cheers

Be aware a trained speech profile is tied to a specific headset, user voice and PC ambient noise conditions.

having switched headset, go to Windows Control Panel, speech recognition panel and create a brand new speech profile (name it after the current headset).

Once it's listed, select it to make it active.

Calibrate the mike and train the new speech profile from scratch using our training tool.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Speech training.

No need to overdo training. One session per topic should be enough.

MCE is very different from Fs2crew.

It's a fully interactive crew simulation that makes no assumption as to what you want Fo to do.

Tens of thousands of speech commands are available at any given time to give you the initiative and get Fo to help you perform what you want, when you want, and even using custom speech if you wanted (that includes teaching Fo to understand non-English talk).

It's not a scripted adventure that goes like....

Start in cold and dark and don't do or say anything until some event happens

At minute M1, all commands are disabled and only this specific command (as per manual) is allowed (with 100% recognition rate guaranteed, even if you farted 😛) that command being the only one the system expects.

But ask Fo anything else and he'll be dumb as a rock.

You then are in the "Pavlov dog experiment" (no pun intended)

Read this article

You get trained to fit into a script.

At FS++, we aim to get as close as possible to "shared cockpit" so that people who can't find someone to fly with can do so with a highly trained virtual first officer. And you call the shots. No timer in the background dictating your behavior.

Once your new headset is setup on a new speech profile, you should be back to normal.

Thanks for the fast support. I will try this and see if can successfully make one flight with the CRJ. What do you advise for calibrated the mic? I mean which levels are better?

other doubt who i can request GSX interaction via voice command?

thanks for the support again.

Ok, I have proceeded to the training tool. I have doubts. Once I complete every topic? where I can close the app? and other doubt it seems to be better know but there's is a few commands that appear from nothing. I think maybe is that the mic is capturing the audio of the headphones. For example, I said strobes on. then strobes are on but suddenly and after a few seconds its says strobe lights off. and other actions.

another doubt. The personal section in the training tool? I can put any word I want and train the profile right?

But its too much better right now.thanks for the support. So, please help me to leave perfect. 

Edited by Eduard

11 hours ago, Eduard said:

Thanks for the fast support. I will try this and see if can successfully make one flight with the CRJ. What do you advise for calibrated the mic? I mean which levels are better?

other doubt who i can request GSX interaction via voice command?

thanks for the support again.

I assume you have all audio out on headset and not on speakers.

If it's a conventional headset with 3 mm jacks that plug to the built-in sound card and the latter happens to be from Realtek, you're advised to go to Windows Control Panel, ad-remove programs, locate Realtek audio drivers abd un-install them.

Then restart Windows and let it use its own digitally signed drivers. They are better for Realtek devices.

If it's of the USB type, plug it straight to a USB 2 port at the back of the PC and not via a USB hub or the front PC USB connectors (these sometimes don't deliver enough power to feed the built-in USB audio device).

You can calibrate the mike either via Windows Control panel, or by running our app wizard.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience->Run app wizard.

There is a manual called GSX&AES, available via the Windows menu.

Start->All Apps->Multi Crew Experience. Look for it there.

Here is a video showing MCE used with Aerosoft CRJ.

A few notes for those who carve impressions based on videos.

David, the author of this video prefers to use TTS voices and not real human recorded voices we provide for extreme flexibility. So he can converse with FO on any subject.

The Fo is executing the flows loudly because he wants to check everything she does (he doesn't trust women 😛). Obviously most people will have them executed silently. Turn option "Verbose" OFF for each flow.

This is only one way of interacting with Fo. You don';t have to do it this way, nor memorize everything David does.

You can have it your real world airline way by providing a custom checklist and modifying the flows for task sharing that suits you. So, no arguing about who does what.

<media> 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Eduard said:

Ok, I have proceeded to the training tool. I have doubts. Once I complete every topic? where I can close the app? and other doubt it seems to be better know but there's is a few commands that appear from nothing. I think maybe is that the mic is capturing the audio of the headphones. For example, I said strobes on. then strobes are on but suddenly and after a few seconds its says strobe lights off. and other actions.

another doubt. The personal section in the training tool? I can put any word I want and train the profile right?

But its too much better right now.thanks for the support. So, please help me to leave perfect. 

Affirmative, custom training means you can train on the few words that you are having trouble with.

Regarding microphone, do not mess with microphone "gain", manually as that is automatically adjusted when you calibrate the mike.

Have fun and don't be afraid to say something that "may upset the system". There is no such thing.

All critical commands are safeguarded against accidental trigger and won't happen unless you confirm first. Feel free to report any such command that isn't covered.

This is no VoiceBuddy nor VoiceAttack which may take you off the sky on the slightest voice command mistake..

FO knows the dos and don't of good airman-ship.

23 hours ago, FS++ said:

I assume you have all audio out on headset and not on speakers.

If it's a conventional headset with 3 mm jacks that plug to the built-in sound card and the latter happens to be from Realtek, you're advised to go to Windows Control Panel, ad-remove programs, locate Realtek audio drivers and un-install them.

Negative I have multiple outputs. In the headset, I only have Teamspeak 2 (for ivao) FS2CREW and MCE (all radio coms) but the main output is via 5.1 speakers.

I mean I think the myc is hearing the MCE voice via my headset. Its the only explanation I can find.

I will try your won tool for calibration. and let's see what happens. Any way i achive to have 1 successful flight with MCE after the training. communication with software has improved a lot. So thanks again.

@ Eduard.

That explains it.

Ideally, you should have all audio, including engine sounds on headset.

What's happening is that Fo is interpreting engine noise or otyher sounds as commands.

Remember, the speech profile is trained against an almost silent background, therefore with such scenario it's not adequate.

Start by re positioning your speakers in such a way that they don't feed into the mike.

If that doesn't do it, you may want to try the following.

record a couple of ambient noise conditions when flight simming (including engines running) on your mobile phone.

Create a brand new speech profile and call it something like "noisy cockpit".

Again make it active.

You now need to train it from scratch. But before you proceed, play the previously recorded audio from your simpit in a loop on your speakers or mobile phone.

Calibrate the mike under those noisy conditions.

Start speech training under the same noise conditions.

Hopefully, after that, your new speech profile will be aware of those noises and perform better, as it filters them out.

I already read that thread as i am on the same set up than the author.

The sound of the aircraft is on speakers. I re-did the MCE training with aircraft sound in the background but will start from scratch, deleting windows profile

On 5/28/2019 at 8:46 PM, FS++ said:

@ Eduard.

That explains it.

Ideally, you should have all audio, including engine sounds on headset.

What's happening is that Fo is interpreting engine noise or otyher sounds as commands.

Remember, the speech profile is trained against an almost silent background, therefore with such scenario it's not adequate.

Start by re positioning your speakers in such a way that they don't feed into the mike.

If that doesn't do it, you may want to try the following.

record a couple of ambient noise conditions when flight simming (including engines running) on your mobile phone.

Create a brand new speech profile and call it something like "noisy cockpit".

Again make it active.

You now need to train it from scratch. But before you proceed, play the previously recorded audio from your simpit in a loop on your speakers or mobile phone.

Calibrate the mike under those noisy conditions.

Start speech training under the same noise conditions.

Hopefully, after that, your new speech profile will be aware of those noises and perform better, as it filters them out.

Ok! done! I can now fly very well with MCE with CRJ and a twin otter! really cool. Move the MCE sound output to a config 2.0 of my main speakers 5.1 solved my problem. Then with the personal training, I trained the software for words that it's hard to understand me. SO USEFUL

On 6/20/2019 at 12:17 PM, Eduard said:

Ok! done! I can now fly very well with MCE with CRJ and a twin otter! really cool. Move the MCE sound output to a config 2.0 of my main speakers 5.1 solved my problem. Then with the personal training, I trained the software for words that it's hard to understand me. SO USEFUL

Good to hear, you figured out how to use speech recognition in a very noisy environment that involves being surrounded with speakers..

Do not overdo training,. Windows 7 or higher speech recognition is very good, especially on the Command and control" part" which MCE uses. Dictation is far less reliable and we don't use it.

MCE should cope with all accents and you can even indulge in getting co-pilot and other crew members to understand your local non-English language. I kid you not 😋

Only possible, because MCE has a built-in speech simulator.

Very intuitive and helpful, but not the video, that ATC chatter is so loud and disruptive. Don't know how the pilot can concentrate with all that going on. But it is a good demo of MCE PILOT/FO interaction.  

Don

I have decided to set a new speech profile as co-pilot is understanding less and less. I have Windows 10, and I have searched online for how to do this, and the dialogs and methods I have found don't seem to correspond to anything I have in my version of Windows 10.  Can you navigate me to the right place. I have Win 10 Pro

Edited by dbrooke

WW4959.png

2 hours ago, dbrooke said:

I have decided to set a new speech profile as co-pilot is understanding less and less. I have Windows 10, and I have searched online for how to do this, and the dialogs and methods I have found don't seem to correspond to anything I have in my version of Windows 10.  Can you navigate me to the right place. I have Win 10 Pro

In Windows 10 search box, type "Control Panel" without the quotes

See picture

In Control Panel, open <Speech Recognition> settings panel

See picture

In <Speech Recognition> settings panel, click <Advanced Speech> on the left pane.

See picture

In Speech Properties panel, click <New> button to create a brand new speech profile. Once it's listed, put a check mark on it to make it active, then calibrate your microphone and start training the new speech profile using our own speech training tool.

See picture

Windows Start->All Apps->Multi Crew X-Plane->Speech training.