Sign in to follow this  
vortex681

Ryzen 3000 processors announced

During their Computex AMD Keynote AMD has announced the first Ryzen 3000 processors - available from July 7:

https://www.anandtech.com/show/14407/amd-ryzen-3000-announced-five-cpus-12-cores-for-499-up-to-46-ghz-pcie-40-coming-77

Single thread performance is claimed to be better than Intel equivalents for less money (particularly at the top end).

Edited by vortex681

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit

I watched that keynote.  I'm very very interested to see 3rd party benchmarks.  That 3900X would be really tempting.  I could have multi-core goodness for my media hobbies and the new game titles coming out with improved multi-core support and have single thread performance at the same time for FSX etc.  Definitely glad I held off on my planned 9700K build.  

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Have seen the cooling on the motherboards fans fitted for cooling.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I think i7/i9`s would still be the go-to CPUs for applications such as P3D that are highly dependent on IPC/Single-Thread performance. Perhaps these new processors would be somewhat of a boost for more efficient programs, that tend to use more cores, such as XP11.

I`ll wait for the 3rd. party benchmarks.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

17 hours ago, rjfry said:

Have seen the cooling on the motherboards fans fitted for cooling.

It's due to the new PCIE gen 4 creating a lot more heat.  Every single board from basic to high end is supposed to be using active cooling because of it.

11 hours ago, GCBraun said:

I think i7/i9`s would still be the go-to CPUs for applications such as P3D that are highly dependent on IPC/Single-Thread performance. Perhaps these new processors would be somewhat of a boost for more efficient programs, that tend to use more cores, such as XP11.

I`ll wait for the 3rd. party benchmarks.

Yeah that's why I'm not making a decision until I see 3rd party benchmarks over what was in the computex demos.  According to the computex demos they matched or got very  very close to matching Intel on IPC in equivalent parts, for about $100 less per part at the high end.  I have no brand loyalty and will go with whatever team has the best performance.  If that end up being Intel still then I'll jump on my original Z390 plan though I'm probably going to jump it up to a 9900K instead of a 9700K.  I'm going custom water cooling anyway so that will help with the heat issues on those chips.

Edited by flyinion
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5950X |  Asus Crosshair VIII Hero | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 w/EK waterblock | Full Custom Loop Cooling | GSkill Trident Z Neo 2x16GB DDR4-3600 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | Phanteks Enthoo 719 | Seasonic Prime Ultra Gold 1000W | Steelseries M750 TKL | SteelSeries Prime Wireless | Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo | Logitech Pro Flight Pedals | LG 34GN850 | Asus PG279Q | Win 11 Pro

Hopefully the gamers will flock to AMD, I built a Flight PC for FS8 with AMD CPU and they were more expensive than Intel, and supply and demand is the factor AMD prices will go up and Intel have just won the crown back as the worlds largest chip maker now the 7nm fab is running, and I may then get my upgrade a bit cheaper at the end of the year Intel can afford to drop prices with there volume.  

Raymond Fry.

If that end up being Intel still then I'll jump on my original Z390 plan though I'm probably going to jump it up to a 9900K instead of a 9700K.  I'm going custom water cooling anyway so that will help with the heat issues on those chips.

Just a reference data point, but I just built a Z390 system with a 9900K and am using a Noctua NH-D15S.  I have HT off with a mild overclock of 4.9 GHz across all cores.  It ran up to 68 deg and stabilized in the first 5 minutes of a lengthy stress test (fans were only running at 80%).  I haven't tried to push it further as I was happy with that result. (though I suspect it could do 5.1 in the mid 70's)  Just pointing out you might not need a custom water loop and may be able to save some money depending upon what your ambitions were

2 hours ago, BrettT said:

Just a reference data point, but I just built a Z390 system with a 9900K and am using a Noctua NH-D15S.  I have HT off with a mild overclock of 4.9 GHz across all cores.  It ran up to 68 deg and stabilized in the first 5 minutes of a lengthy stress test (fans were only running at 80%).  I haven't tried to push it further as I was happy with that result. (though I suspect it could do 5.1 in the mid 70's)  Just pointing out you might not need a custom water loop and may be able to save some money depending upon what your ambitions were

I'm doing it for looks as well as performance.  I've been using an NH-D14 since around 2010 now and while it works well, I'd like to move on from the big heavy dual towers and I've always wanted to try water.  As far as disabling HT, at that point you might as well just get a 9700K and save $100 lol. I wouldn't want to disable it just due to the other things I'd use the system for as well.

Yes and no on the 9700K.  The 9900K also has better cache which has a subtle but noticeable difference based on past experience.  Also the 9900K gives me the option of switching on HT if I ever choose to do so.  I did consider the 9700K just opted not to use it.   Either way, just passing along my recent experience with the 9900K and the Noctua.  The water system will look nice and of course work well too.  Good luck 🙂

We don't no what the Intel Z490 chipset will bring that's in the pipeline, I suspect we will find out more next month, and we may find out more on the NV RTX3080.

Raymond Fry.

From what I have read it seems the IPC/single thread performance for the 3800x is on par with Intel at a lower clock speed. Basically the 9900k is able to increase clock to win that battle so the interesting test will be the 3800x overclock. If it’s able to push close to 5ghz it might out do the 9900k.

But all indications are that this would be very close and I get the feeling the OC of the 3800x won’t be quite enough therefore the 9900ks will still be the no expense spared fastest processor for gaming/P3d in 2019 but the AMD value will be good for us all with the pressure it puts on intel.  

And who knows benchmarking could show something different!

On 5/30/2019 at 6:57 AM, TravelRunner404 said:

From what I have read it seems the IPC/single thread performance for the 3800x is on par with Intel at a lower clock speed. Basically the 9900k is able to increase clock to win that battle so the interesting test will be the 3800x overclock. If it’s able to push close to 5ghz it might out do the 9900k.

But all indications are that this would be very close and I get the feeling the OC of the 3800x won’t be quite enough therefore the 9900ks will still be the no expense spared fastest processor for gaming/P3d in 2019 but the AMD value will be good for us all with the pressure it puts on intel.  

And who knows benchmarking could show something different!

https://wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-3000-zen-2-cpu-5-ghz-overclock-4-5-ghz-all-core-boost/

Edited by strider1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

1 hour ago, strider1 said:

rumors , yes this site have leaked before with absolute max clocks how many of the 9900k do this rumor, and done alot very disapointed

https://wccftech.com/intel-9th-gen-coffee-lake-refresh-cpus-1st-august-launch-rumor/

Take this site with a grain of salt not the most reabile one more like a sensation making one.

Iam not a Intel or AMD  "fan or boy" shall have one of this 3000 chips then we see if it can takeover the main sim from the 9900k i use now.

time will tell

Edited by westman

7 hours ago, westman said:

rumors , yes this site have leaked before with absolute max clocks how many of the 9900k do this rumor, and done alot very disapointed

https://wccftech.com/intel-9th-gen-coffee-lake-refresh-cpus-1st-august-launch-rumor/

Take this site with a grain of salt not the most reabile one more like a sensation making one.

Iam not a Intel or AMD  "fan or boy" shall have one of this 3000 chips then we see if it can takeover the main sim from the 9900k i use now.

time will tell

You need to take all of the tech sites with a grain of salt until proven otherwise. But its entertaining to read all of the conspiracies! Some food for thought: Why was JFK Jr magazine called George... And I will take my answer off the forum.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

On 5/30/2019 at 4:43 AM, rjfry said:

Hopefully the gamers will flock to AMD, I built a Flight PC for FS8 with AMD CPU and they were more expensive than Intel, and supply and demand is the factor AMD prices will go up and Intel have just won the crown back as the worlds largest chip maker now the 7nm fab is running, and I may then get my upgrade a bit cheaper at the end of the year Intel can afford to drop prices with there volume.  

Slated for a 2021 launch? If tests and benchmarks on the new AMD cpu releases are close to current 9900K / 9700K scores (and at lower prices) I won't hold my breath  or waste my time waiting for the blue team to play catch up (especially since I also use my machine for photo / video work). IF they can actually catch up at all.

And I was about to pull the trigger on a 9700K system...😂🙄

Edited by speedyTC

MSI Pro Z690-A DDR4 | i5 13600KF | G.Skill Ripjaws V 32GB 3600MHz | ASUS TUF RTX 3080 (12GB) | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 980 M.2 NVMe 1TB | Samsung 850EVO 500GB | 2TB Seagate HDD | Deepcool AK500 CPU Cooler | Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS | CH Yoke | Win 11 22H2 build | MSFS2020 |

Tony K.