Sign in to follow this  

For about two months now I’ve been experiencing a lot of Stutters, I have tried just about everything right down to deleting and reinstalling and still the problem is there. All my drivers are up-to-date. Today I noticed something very interesting and don’t know if that could possibly be part of my problem. My CPU is see temperature of 92° with a 67% load. My GPU temperature is 62° with 56% load. Are these numbers normal where is my CPU overheating a little bit. The weird thing is is that I have my case open and there is an external fan blowing onto the CPU and I’m still seeing 92°. Any ideas? Thanks

Oh  47 FPS

7 minutes ago, GaryRiley said:

For about two months now I’ve been experiencing a lot of Stutters, I have tried just about everything right down to deleting and reinstalling and still the problem is there. All my drivers are up-to-date. Today I noticed something very interesting and don’t know if that could possibly be part of my problem. My CPU is see temperature of 92° with a 67% load. My GPU temperature is 62° with 56% load. Are these numbers normal where is my CPU overheating a little bit. The weird thing is is that I have my case open and there is an external fan blowing onto the CPU and I’m still seeing 92°. Any ideas? Thanks

Oh  47 FPS

Can you please post your computer specs and any CPU/GPU overclocking?

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

Do you regularly clear your shader file?

Ian S

38.jpg

92°Celsius? That's way to high. Check your CPU fan. Does it run? If so is your CPU fan lose? Did you use thermal paste? Your GPU seems to be fine. But on >90°C your CPU throttles down to prevent heat death.

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

That temp is not acceptable. Chances are your cpu is throttling down. As Dave suggested - post your specs and andinfo on over clocking, etc that you may have tried. Have you ever removed the CPU? What kind of cooling system do you use> Stock? Liquid cooling? etc.

We need much more info.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for all the responses, here is my system specs: 

intel i7-7700 cpu @ 4.20 GHz

Memory 16.0 GB

64 Bit Operating system with windows 10

A graphic card is a GeForce GTX 1080

All the fans on the PC seems to be running it’s a liquid cooled PC, I only see these temperatures when playing prepared, I also play America truck Sim and I don’t get any stuffers  or do I see high temps, And the graphics a sept way higher in that sim. I do not regularly clear my shaders I don’t know if that will help any

I also have hyperthreading turned off, I seem to get even higher temps when it’s on, I have never moved the CPU, as far as over clocking there is a turbo button that bumps it up a bit, but it makes no difference with on or off

Edited by GaryRiley
None

Liquid cooled and 92C indicates major cooling system malfunction, simple as that. Heck, I'm on air and max out at around 62C. If you do your own PC hardware replacements and upgrades, I can only stress to disassemble and inspect your CPU cooling system. Like now! 😉 Not sure I could sleep at night if I were seeing temps like that! 

Good luck! 

Greg 

i7-9700K, MSI Z370, PNY 4070 Super, GTX 750Ti, 32GB GSkill, 43" curved Samsung, 32" BenQ, 11" LED, RealSImGear GTN750, Win10,

P3DV5.4/P3DV6 and MSFS, several GoFlight modules, Saitek radio, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Virtual Fly TQ6.

If your temps are that high at just 67% load and you didn't make any significant changes to your OS or flightsim, I doubt it's a software problem. I would troubleshoot your liquid cooling system. I'm running FSX with WIN-7 Pro on an overclocked i7-2600k @ 4.7 without hyper threading. When various cores (4) are running at 100% load my temps hover right around 55c. While I realize there are software and hardware differences between our systems, it's not really like apples-oranges.

When I built my rig in 2013 I put in an Antec Kuhler 920 liquid system. I continue to be surprised that the darn thing still does such an excellent job cooling the cpu. At the same time it's the one part of my system that gives me the most anxiety. I worry that when it fails it's gonna totally destroy my entire box by spraying coolant like a geyser over every other component. So, I plan on replacing it in the fall when I upgrade my cpu, mobo and memory.

Hope you figure out what's going on with your system.

Edited by coa1117

- Jev McKee, AVSIM member since 2006.
Specs: i7-2600K oc to 4.7GHz, 8GB, GTX580-1.5GB, 512GB SSD, Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System, FSX-Acceleration 

Thanks for all the replies, I will take it to the computer repair place and have them look at the cooling system 

48 minutes ago, GaryRiley said:

Thanks for all the replies, I will take it to the computer repair place and have them look at the cooling system 

Let us know how it goes. Pretty sure the pump is failing with those temps.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

But now that I seem to have the high temperature is under control I am still getting spottersHard starters at times where it will pause for like a second with this sound still playing in the background, I thought it was because of the CPU high temperaturesThe graphics sliders I turn down just a bit to get better performance. The micro studies have been eliminated but I still do getSo just to bring everyone up-to-date I decided to tinker with the computer a little bit before I took it to the computer repair place, one of the things I found was that hyperthreading was turned on, When I believed it was off. I turned it off and I have up this fan speeds for the CPU at about 10%. I am now seeing temperatures that has been cut in almost half,  At a addon airport JFK that normally  slam my computer pretty hard at times...... I can often see spikes at a 100% load on the CPU but the highest temperature I saw was 62°,  only when it spiked to 100% CPU load, at about 60% load I saw temperatures between 48 and 54°

Some of the The graphics sliders in P3D I turn down just a bit to get better performance. The micro studies have been eliminated but I still do get Hard stuffers at times where it will pause for like a second with this sound still playing in the background, I thought it was because of the CPU high temperatures, But now that I seem to have the high temperature is under control I am still getting stuffers.

Hello Folks;

After reading some of the responses in terms of CPU temp, I became concerned when I saw above 80°C is being considered high. At full load my CPU is about 88°C (FSX with lots of add-on, heavy clouds, ATC etc. and flying for hours).

My PC is 5 years old and from day one it was running those temps and I have never had any problems. According to Intel that's ok for this type of chip set (i7-4790K 4.0 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1150) which is OC'd to 4.4 (10%) which is considered good to maintain good stability. At Rest no FSX running it maintains about 32 -34°C. Yes I am running a liquid cool system.

Should I be concerned at all with my temps?. Again, haven't had any issues with performance / shutters etc. Yes flying into KJFK (DRZEWIECKI addon) with heavy clouds, PMDG 747-8, Pro ATCx, add-on weather etc. I will get about 20 FPS but it's still smooth.

Here are the specs to my system.

• Intel® Core™ i7-4790K Processor (4x 4.0GHz/8MB L3 Cache) - Intel® Core™ i7-4790K (OC to 4.4)
  • Corsair Hydro Series H60 Liquid CPU Cooling System - ARC Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade
  • 16 GB [8 GB x2] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - G.Skill Ripjaws X
  • EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC GAMING ACX 3.0, 6GB GDDR5, LED, DX12 OSD
  • Win 7 Pro

Thanks.

Kindest Regards.

Forshaw.

88 is high, but not enough to have sleepless nights over IMHO..

If you really worry, reduce the overclock to 4.2. :wink:

Bert

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

88 is high, but not enough to have sleepless nights over IMHO..

If you really worry, reduce the overclock to 4.2. :wink:

You know to be honest, I am ok with it no sleepless nights 😉 it has been like this form day 1 (5 yrs.) and no issues. If I had issues I would have definitely done 4.2. When I reached out to Intel they indicated 10% is about right (monitor for issues which I didn't) 20% is another story. I don't think they wanted to touch that.

Again, I thought this was all normal until I read this post. I will keep it as is and continue to closely monitor it.

Best Regards.

Forshaw.