Sign in to follow this  
goggi

New FO initial statements in Flows

Hello,
Now testing and running v. 2.7.96

A new set of statements by the FO has been introduced at the beginning of each Flow/Procedure. They sound: “ok, beginning flow”, or “roger, performing procedure” (and variants).

They do not help, and turn out to be rather annoying. We (users) normally run a large number of flows with big planes (I have 65 flows!), some of them being quite short. Having these statements repeated over and over is unnecessary, since we can add such statements in our scripts at will, and in the end it does sound unprofessional.

I suggest/urge you to drop this additional feature.

Let me kindly remind you that the ADF settings issue is still pending (see your msg May 10, my reply May 12).

Thanks for your support,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

On 5/27/2019 at 7:18 PM, goggi said:

Hello,
Now testing and running v. 2.7.96

A new set of statements by the FO has been introduced at the beginning of each Flow/Procedure. They sound: “ok, beginning flow”, or “roger, performing procedure” (and variants).

They do not help, and turn out to be rather annoying. We (users) normally run a large number of flows with big planes (I have 65 flows!), some of them being quite short. Having these statements repeated over and over is unnecessary, since we can add such statements in our scripts at will, and in the end it does sound unprofessional.

I suggest/urge you to drop this additional feature.

Let me kindly remind you that the ADF settings issue is still pending (see your msg May 10, my reply May 12).

Thanks for your support,
Giorgio

Wow.....65 flows.

Ok, will add an option to disable these automatic notifications on flow start.

They can be useful sometimes, on a silent flows where Fo takes a few seconds to react, leaving user wondering whether Fo is busy with the flow or not got the order yet, and eventually asks again.

Very well, and many thanks. Probably useful, but as you say sometimes.
Have been working on the flows for over one year, beginning now to test them in "real" flights. I shall carry on after summer holidays.
I might post them when finished. And, yes, this endeavour possible only with YOUR help and continuing improvements ...
Regards,
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi

On 5/27/2019 at 11:18 AM, goggi said:

As aside I also found the new statements a bit annoying. I too have a lot of flows also. What I did find was on flows where I did not provide an opening statement when first creating the script, then I would get the annoying statement. For example I have a flow "establish ground power". I did not create a  "Roger, establish ground power" statement when I created the script, but I used the Notify tab to put that statement in the script. Subsequently with 2.7.9.6, the annoying “ok, beginning flow”, or “roger, performing procedure” (and variants).  When I went back and edited my script, I added the statement I wanted, and deleted the notify statement in the script and no more annoying comment.  A simple "Roger" should suffice.

Just a suggestion until the option to disable is implemented.

Agree with Goggi and fighter guy these  “ok, beginning flow”, or “roger, performing procedure” (and variants) are annoying.

I created many flows where i just want the FO to answer "Checked" and now he says "roger, performing procedure , checked" or " ok, beginning flow , checked"  every time when i just want him to confirm an FMA change (A320) by saying "checked" as in the precedent version of MCE.

By the way Thank you for caring about user advice as usual.

On 5/28/2019 at 7:58 PM, goggi said:

Very well, and many thanks. Probably useful, but as you say sometimes.
Have been working on the flows for over one year, beginning now to test them in "real" flights. I shall carry on after summer holidays.
I might post them when finished. And, yes, this endeavour possible only with YOUR help and continuing improvements ...
Regards,
Giorgio

@ all posters above, thanks for feedback.

Please download this file

Unzip and replace "mce.exe"

There is now a new option in "mce.ini"

[OPTIONS]

AutoNotifyOnSilentFlowStart=0

It's enabled by default (when option is missing in the file, it defaults to =1)

It's only meant to kick in on silent flows, and for those scripts that don't have a custom opening statement.

To disable the feature altogether, set AutoNotifyOnSilentFlowStart=0

Hi
Just had to add the command by hand inthe new .init. It works fine.
Thanks for an excellent job, as always
Giorgio

Giorgio Goggi