Sign in to follow this  
MD83

Bumps and undulations on aprons, taxiways and runways :...

All airports have varying bumps and undulations in their asphalt and concrete surfaces. Aircraft are constantly affected by them during taxiing, and especially during takeoffs and landings. I would love to see this implemented within FSX :)Most landings are quite bumpy, due to the runway surface and the velocity. I think this should affect aircraft in Flight Simulator! It would be great to sense the bumps and the aircraft pitching and rolling very slightly. I also think users should be able to switch it off, should they not like it. The effect could be editable for each airport, if possible :)

Guest jan_berlin

Hi,that's a great idea! I already thought about that when the new sound system of FSX was disussed here because these bumps also cause characteristic sounds in each type of aircraft. To hear such sounds during taxiing would be very nice beside seeing the graphical effect of bumps.Jan

Guest jrobert

Isn't this already handled in Flight Simulator since FS98? It's called having a force-feedback device with the ground bumps option enabled in FS.

Most FS users don't have force-feedback devices ;)

Guest jan_berlin

You are right, but this doesn't have any visual effect. And the rolling noise is very unrealistic. I don't know how it is in the cockpit but when sitting in the cabin of a 737 you can clearly hear every bump and every paving tile.Jan

Guest tdragger

If you have a wired Xbox 360 controller you do.

If you have Active Camera I believe there is a ground turbulance option with head movement and sound effects.

Guest Daveje

Hey Tdragger.I do have a Xbox 360 controller (with cable) and it's compitable with the pc. Where can i turn force-feedback on? Is that also possible with fs2004?

Guest tdragger

Not with FS2004.

Force feedback is irrelevant on an Airbus (excl A300/A310)

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg