Sign in to follow this  
Deltaair1212

Missing parking at a few orbx airports

I have three orbx airports that do not recognize parking. What I mean by that is, whenever I land and get a taxi clearance to my GA parking spot, I follow the arrows (yes I know I’m still learning how to navigate on the ground lol) to the designated spot my sim wants me to shut down. I position my aircraft right dead center of the last arrow and creep up towards the spot. We all know that with the default ATC once you reach your spot the ATC window will transition from taxi configuration to a default parking configuration to where you can taxi to a fuel pump, or choose to take back off VFR. But for some reason these three airports from orbx KEGE, KJAC, and KSTS do not recognize when my aircraft reaches the parking spot. It never triggers. I have tried to enquire about the matter on the orbx forums but honestly I think the devs, one in particular, was kinda ticked off that I brought up the subject. Almost like he was offended that something was wrong with their masterpieces. Anyways, he did mention it would get fixed but that was a year ago, and even though since then I’ve tried to bring up the subject again, I now get no responses from anyone from the orbx team. So my question is, has anyone else experienced this? And is there maybe a fix I can do on my end like using an airport editor? I’ve never tried to do so but I’m willing to learn if necessary. Thanks

"Airport Design Editor" should do the job. Once you get the hang of it you will make these corrections pretty quickly. You can create a separate project file for your changes at the airport without having to modify ORBX files (at least aim to do that).

17 minutes ago, glider1 said:

"Airport Design Editor" should do the job. Once you get the hang of it you will make these corrections pretty quickly. You can create a separate project file for your changes at the airport without having to modify ORBX files (at least aim to do that).

Thank you. I will take a look at it. I was kinda afraid that you wouldn’t be able to edit payware scenery for obvious reasons but if it’s doable then I’ll see what I can do. It’s kinda a shame though that the original developers can’t edit it themselves and create a patch so others can have it fixed too but oh well I guess... in the past I have run into devs with holy-er than art thou attitudes and when you point out possible flaws they just shut down and refuse to believe there’s an issue....

Have experienced that myself but keep in mind that some developers are not skilled in dealing with people and often they can't change anything because of the risk of unforeseen consequences that you and I aren't aware of (fix one thing break another that only becomes obvious later)