Sign in to follow this  
captflyby

How to Upgrade rpxGTN nav data

On 5/29/2019 at 9:36 AM, fppilot said:

I encourage you to take time to learn the product before abandoning it!  There has been an update, perhaps two, where changes in related products were difficult to overcome.  RXP has over the past two or three years been quick to react with additional updates. I cannot name another developer who so continuously keeps their current product line updated like this.

Thanks fp. 

I have noticed that I had to pair off a few way points and other procedures sometimes to get it to import.

I have taken your suggestion and begun to learn the rxpGTN in depth.

My remaining problem with the system is my inability to get it to lock onto a localizer for any ILS approaches. This may be something I am not doing correctly with the rxpGTN, or it may have something to do with the plane I am flying, the new Carenado Premier 1A with Collins Proline 21.

I have notice that the collins switches from FMS(GPS) to VOR2, not VOR1, at least that is what it says on the PFD. This may be the problem.

Again it may be something I am doing, my unfamiliarity withe the rxpGTN or it may be something to do with how the Collins in interacting with the plane.

Not sure.

But your observation stands true.  If I just slow down, take the time to plan, and manually enter my flight plans I can avoid my failure to import problems.  I was just thinking that the problem was due to the disparity of the two databases, the updated one of the mission plan editor and the x-plane itself (which are currently navigraph 1906) and the rxpGTN which in my case is currently 1803.

But good news, Bret informed me a trainer database update was possible if done manually.  So time will tell.

Thanks for the input and I will try your suggestions.

Bert also has a gtn update for the Carenado Premier..☺️

Bert

4 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Bert also has a gtn update for the Carenado Premier..☺️

?.. p3d version only, though...

Bert

And to switch to ils mode, try simply switching the gtn from gps mode to vloc mode without switching the hsi..

Bert

Bert,

Got the file. Updated the trainer just fine.

Changed VOR2 to VOR1 in the setup.

Flight planned & flew only the GTN-750.  Did not use the fms at all.

Flight went smoothly, including lock on to ILS and perfect glideslope.

Can't thank you enough.

Richard

• Like 1