Sign in to follow this  
cdv0007

Is there a perfect helicopter in P3D 4.5HF1?

2 hours ago, kdfw__ said:

for the n-th time, HTR from years ago offered external flight model of rotorcraft.  it models AFCS and non-AFCS equipped helicopters very well provided good control HW is used.  

Thanks. I tried HTR 1.62se with both the Robinson R22 stock P3D and the Milviz MD530 using the inbuilt dynamics but found handling to be too extreme on the other end almost impossible to keep it level hover. I know heli's aren't easy to fly and I trained on the dodosim206 for FSX, but there is no way that HTR was handling the helis properly in my situation. So I now I just patiently wait for the new dodosim and fly the 530 just for fun because it is easy to handle (no more difficult than the stock R22 for me).

Edited by glider1

On 6/1/2019 at 2:14 AM, glider1 said:

Yeah that was what I was thinking too but P3D offers solutions developers aren't using. I'm starting to get tired with old models that are made compatible with P3Dv4 but are not really built for it. The SDK allows developers to build external flight models has for a long time. Instead some developers sit on their old models as long as they can probably because they can't afford the redevelopment costs.

Yes, that's true. But it appears like very few developers are capable or willing to do this as the product prices will skyrocket along with a long development times. I don't see how most developers are going to start making custom flight and engine dynamics in the future. In my opinion that's not very realistic, so LM should definately do something with their "in-house" flight and engine dynamics.

• Like 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

On 6/1/2019 at 8:32 AM, glider1 said:

Thanks. I tried HTR 1.62se with both the Robinson R22 stock P3D and the Milviz MD530 using the inbuilt dynamics but found handling to be too extreme on the other end almost impossible to keep it level hover. I know heli's aren't easy to fly and I trained on the dodosim206 for FSX, but there is no way that HTR was handling the helis properly in my situation. So I now I just patiently wait for the new dodosim and fly the 530 just for fun because it is easy to handle (no more difficult than the stock R22 for me).

Same problem here. I couldn't get the HTR to work the way it's supposed to with the Milviz 530 for some reason. Not sure what the problem is with this particular model, because it works very well with other helicopters.

• Like 1

---

MSFS | DCS | X-plane 12

I also cant get HTR 1.62 to work with P3D V4.5.  I heard v1.5 works but I have no idea where to find it.  

I fly mostly GA and Business jets around ORBX PNW | Im live near Boston so I also will fly in MA and ME |  KLEW- 3B1- KBED 

Also avid RC Pilot, Planes and Heli | Ride a Harley's and Snowmobiles! 

PC Setup: Intel i7 8700k | MD Z370 | MSA GTX1080 | H100 liquid Cooling | 250G SSD | PS RM750 | NZXT S340 Case | Windows 10 | AOC 27" 4K | P3D V4.5 | Saitek Yoke | Saitek Rudder pedals | Saitek Throttle Quad| Lots of Addons| 

8 hours ago, Ryanmlt1 said:

I heard v1.5 works but I have no idea where to find it.  

I last used HTR 1.5 back when I had P3D4.1 and it worked well. It is important that FSUIPC must be installed.

With the P3D4.5 version, I haven't tried running HTR 1.5 yet. You can try it yourself, I saved this version (sadly, Hovercontrol is no longer available at this time).

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hG3FGa_sHx2IZ7UGQFiLFiOBF9ngbpel/view?usp=sharing

Edited by Nickbe
  • Like 2

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020