Sign in to follow this  
RichardMaskell

WinchX and CumulusX on a new Windows 10 PC

I am trying to get WinchX and CumulusX to run with Prepar3D version 4.5 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. 

I cannot get either program to run, by that I mean just by double clicking on them. With WinchX the operating system reports side by side errors.

Has anybody got these programs running on 64bit Windows 10?

Richard

4 hours ago, RichardMaskell said:

on a brand new Windows 10 PC

Not familiar with either of those programs but you might be missing some necessary libraries. ie: NET framework and/or C++. Maybe even a Visual Basic runtime.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

I run both addons in P3DV4.4 on my Windows 10 computer without problem. I had nothing to install separately apart from these addons.

Edited by Flyfox

Felix

I gave up and brought condor 😛 Its GREAT and the physics OHHHHH the physics soo realistic.

xD

• Like 1

i5 8600K  @4.5Ghz 16GB RAM GTX1060 

I don't know how P3D differs in this regard, but whenever I load up FSX:SE I get a message box popping up asking me if I want to run Winch X (same for Cumulus X). However FSX won't start until I've selected either yes or no.. 

The other members at my local gliding club always recommended Condor for glider simming.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

20 hours ago, HighBypass said:

The other members at my local gliding club always recommended Condor for glider simming.

Yep same its good for my training!

On 5/28/2019 at 8:16 PM, RichardMaskell said:

I am trying to get WinchX and CumulusX to run with Prepar3D version 4.5 on a brand new Windows 10 PC. 

I cannot get either program to run, by that I mean just by double clicking on them. With WinchX the operating system reports side by side errors.

Has anybody got these programs running on 64bit Windows 10?

Richard

Current Status of P3D 4.5 Hotfix 1 Gliding:

• CumulusX tested and working
  • WinchX tested and working
  • CumulusX tow tested and working but need to customize towplane aircraft.cfg for correct tow speed
  • Aerosoft gliders not officially supported for v4 tested and working
  • Wolfgang's gliders for P3Dv4 here https://www.fsglider.de/p_e.htm
  • UK Virtual gliding club for FSX/P3D still up and running http://www.ukvga.org/
  • Aerosoft gliders tested and working in VR

Suggest manual installs (install to a dummy folder) then manually transfer over to P3D.

Ignore warnings about not finding exe.dll etc it just means CumulusX/WinchX are looking for FSX but can't find it and it doesn't matter because they write to their own config files anyway.

CumulusX is still an excellent gliding simulation but requires manual installation of everything because it is not officially supported in P3Dv4. Aerosoft are also slow to update their gliders because they are focused on finishing their own standalone gliding simulator. So it requires some manual installation to work on P3Dv4.

5 minutes ago, glider1 said:

Aerosoft are also slow to update their gliders because they are focused on finishing their own standalone gliding simulator.

Yep, still waiting for there K21.

39 minutes ago, ols500 said:

Yep, still waiting for there K21.

You can get the Aerosoft ASK21 working in P3Dv4 without any problems but it requires a bit of manual installation to fully work.

I sorted my problem by installing the correct version of SimConnect from the P3D redist directory. It needed this particular version installing:

..\P3D\redist\Interface\FSX-SP2-XPACK\retail\lib\SimConnect.msi

The other versions didn't work due due to the versioning in the manifest files.

15 hours ago, glider1 said:

You can get the Aerosoft ASK21 working in P3Dv4 without any problems but it requires a bit of manual installation to fully work

Ok, is there instructions to get it working somewhere? If so can I please have the link?

Cheers, ols.