Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

I7 4790k All cores ????

2 minutes ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

You get the same 'effect' at 30FPS?

I have not noticed it.. but then I do not go looking for it either..

Bert

I had this issue before I upgraded my system and reinstalled everything from scratch. It just appeared one day and I gave up trying to fix it in the end.

Now all is good again and i can still pan smoothly, even when my FPS drop below 30.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

1 minute ago, Speedbird 217 said:

I had this issue before I upgraded my system and reinstalled everything from scratch. It just appeared one day and I gave up trying to fix it in the end.

Now all is good again and i can still pan smoothly, even when my FPS drop below 30.

I'm tryig to find the source of this issue for a very long time. No succes 😞 I do fly but it's quite frustrating. I replaced graphic card and monitor recently but the issue remains.

3 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Out of curiosity, which CPU did you have?

I had a 4790K before.

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

After reading years of these types of debates, it would be nice if LM built into the product a performance measure page.  I know we get FPS but every flight might be a bit different- but QUAKE (the original I believe- yeah I'm old), in the old days had a way of running through a known scenario and timing it and reporting the average FPS. 

Mark

9 hours ago, Speedbird 217 said:

I had a 4790K before.

Well, that's interesting. CPU and motherboard are the only components I didn't replace so far in my computer. Of course if it's not software issue which very well might be. 

I'd be very grateful for any additional information from those who also experienced this issue at some point and know very well what we're talking about here.

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

" or I use TrackIR "

I think that must be the problem. I don't see anything like this on my system just using the hat-switch of my joystick.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

9 minutes ago, IanHarrison said:

" or I use TrackIR "

I think that must be the problem. I don't see anything like this on my system just using the hat-switch of my joystick.

No, it's there even if I don't turn on TrackIR. 

I never used TrackIR and had the problem before.

I exhausted any possible fix I could think of, from rebuilding configs (P3D, camera etc.), reinstalling client, reinstalling display driver with DDU, uninstalling ChasePlane, turning all settings to the lowest setting, making sure panning wasn't assigned to more than one controller and not double-assigned in P3D and FSUIPC...nothing worked.

I even got this effect when panning in a scenario that would yield me 100+ FPS on unlimited (locked or unlimited didn't make any difference). Location, aircraft type, weather, default scenarios, other factors - it didn't matter.

As stated before, it disappeared when I upgraded my system recently and started with a clean Windows & P3D installation. My suspicion is that it has nothing to do with hardware or the 4790K, but is something that's screwed up in Windows. This "enable Full Screen optimisation" they forced upon us last year created similar stuttering/tearing, but I turned that off for P3D.exe and double checked many times that it was still turned off.

• Like 1

Max

Advanced issues found

3 minutes ago, Speedbird 217 said:

but is something that's screwed up in Windows.

Actually, on the software side of things, Windows 10 is the only thing I didn't reinstall yet. I never suspected Windows since many other programs and games run flawlessly. Also, reinstalling Windows would take me even more time than reinstalling P3D - and I usually need to take a vacation just for that.