Sign in to follow this  
domvc10

TrackIir 2 64bit driver

Hi All

I still use an old trackir 2 for FS9. I am using windows 7 32bit purely so I can use this device. I am contemplating buying a used PC which will have win 7 64bit. I have read that you can get a 64 bit driver for trackir 2 and the file should be TrackIR_4.1.028.Final.exe. This is no longer on the trackir website if by any magic at all anyone here has this file would they please be kind and share it. Also I understand I need the software for track ir 3 so again if anyone has that I would be immensely grateful.

I'm pretty sure you can use the current version. Give it a try and if it doesn't work send Natural Point an email. 

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I know it has been asked in the past and natural point really do not support old hardware at all. Trackir 2 is ancient at least 12 years old. This driver was never actually released for it officially but it was included in this particular exe. 

I will give them a try just in case but I think it will be highly unlikely they'll send anything. 

If the worst comes to the worst go freeware!

http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/compatibility/webcams.htm

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

17 hours ago, Jude Bradley said:

If the worst comes to the worst go freeware!

1) No longer freeware: the API must be paid for.

2) I did so, but I'm facing another problem: my zoom is stuck at 1.00. I usually set it at 0.56-0.60, but FaceTrackNoIR does not allow me to do so.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Facetracknoir is a great thing. I have actually got it and paid for it a whole ago. It uses a bit much CPU for my liking but I did set it up on a networked laptop. Unfortunately it just does not come close to the accuracy of the trackir maybe a better camera is needed for me and i also had teh zoom issue like Luis notes above.

Looks like I may ehave sourced the software now anyway so thanks for the comments. If the worst happens I will have to one day dig deeper in my pockets for a new one....

Edited by domvc10

Hi Again

Someone was really helpful and sent one of the older software installers however the driver is not in it it seems. I tested in a virtual machine and couldn't get it working right. SO one last hope is anyone that has or had an older trackir 3 or 4 and has a copy of either of these files  TrackIR_4.1.028.exe or TrackIR_4.1.029.exe I would be really grateful. If not I may just have a 32 bit install of win 7 side by side my 32 bit 😁

On 5/29/2019 at 2:18 PM, Luis Hernandez said:

2) I did so, but I'm facing another problem: my zoom is stuck at 1.00. I usually set it at 0.56-0.60, but FaceTrackNoIR does not allow me to do so.

@Luis HernandezI gave up on the trackir driver and got the newest facetrack. CPU usage is actually better than in the past. I managed to get it working quite smooth now but this zoom thing annoys me. I disabled the X axis and facetrack does not track the zoom but it still keeps it stuck at 1.00.  Did you ever solve it?

Sadly I couldn't and I gave up. I never tried contacting support for this issue; I'll have to do so...

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Figured it out

Set the X axis flat the higher the more zoomed back it will be then switch the axis off (maybe not required). I have my zoom at .75

x-axis.png

This then just keeps this axis at the same level no matter if you move back or forward.

Edited by domvc10
bad image load
  • Like 1

Wow! I'd never have thought about this one. Thanks a lot! Tomorrow that I can fire up my sim, I'll try again with this setting.

Best regards,

Yep means I can ditch the old tackir2 and move to 64 bit finally. Well I hope I have not done full testing yet but a couple of small tests showed this worked. 

I hope it works out for you too

8 hours ago, domvc10 said:

Figured it out

Set the X axis flat the higher the more zoomed back it will be then switch the axis off (maybe not required). I have my zoom at .75

You, sir, are a genius! It works! Now I have to set the neutral position and assign a hotkey for that.

Best regards,

:biggrin: I tried facetrack noir years ago and this was the one thing that stopped me using it it was just so annoying. There is nothing on the forums anywhere about it but today I looked at an old post I made and there was a response which for some reason at the time I didn't understand understand but when looking again I got it.  Enjoy!