Sign in to follow this  
Vadimych

Engines shutdown during approach

Faced with the problem: 747-8f during approach (nearby 3000ft)  shutting down all engines for a several seconds. RAT was unlocked. After several seconds engines start work normally. Without any action from my side. 
This happened twice a day. after short flight, and after 6 hours flight.

Any ideas what is was?

You weren't flying into any clouds of volcanic ash were you? Oh and WELCOME! (first post). :wink:

You might need to give more knowledgeable members a few more details such as what was the fuel situation? Did it happen flying into the same airport (I don't think that would be an issue, but then again?). Were there any warnings on the displays? (Apart from the obvious - no engines :) )  This is a study level bit of kit after all. Strange that all 4 engines should momentarily quit..

These are just generalisations on my part - I don't have a PMDG 748. Good luck. Hope you find out why this has happened.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, Vadimych said:

Faced with the problem: 747-8f during approach (nearby 3000ft)  shutting down all engines for a several seconds. RAT was unlocked. After several seconds engines start work normally. Without any action from my side. 
This happened twice a day. after short flight, and after 6 hours flight.

Any ideas what is was?

Any carenado aircraft installed that might have loaded up as AI Aircraft?  Its a known issue with them affected other payware aircraft.

Brian Thibodeaux | B747-400/8, C-130 Flight Engineer, CFI, Type Rated: BE190, DC-9 (MD-80), B747-400

beta.gif   

My Liveries

On 5/28/2019 at 11:24 PM, HighBypass said:

You weren't flying into any clouds of volcanic ash were you? Oh and WELCOME! (first post). :wink:

You might need to give more knowledgeable members a few more details such as what was the fuel situation? Did it happen flying into the same airport (I don't think that would be an issue, but then again?). Were there any warnings on the displays? (Apart from the obvious - no engines :) )  This is a study level bit of kit after all. Strange that all 4 engines should momentarily quit..

These are just generalisations on my part - I don't have a PMDG 748. Good luck. Hope you find out why this has happened.

No any ash, sky was clear.

First issue was near the EPPD, second one - OTTH. 

Fuel was more than enough in both cases.

No any EICAS messages except "RAT UNLOCKED" after failure.

On 5/28/2019 at 11:42 PM, thibodba57 said:

Any carenado aircraft installed that might have loaded up as AI Aircraft?  Its a known issue with them affected other payware aircraft.

About carenado - interesting version. Dont remember any traffic around, but later I will try delete all carenado from sim and will check.

Edited by Vadimych
  • Like 1