Sign in to follow this  
wdhurley

Stuck after Pushback approved

Bear with me while I explain where  I am. I haven't touched the MD82 in a few months. I just completed a fresh install of P3d V4.5, the newest version of the MD82, and downloaded the newest version (1.8). 

Everything works as expected up to pushback approved. He replied "approved" and then nothing else happens. If I recall, he should be continuing the checklist to prepare for engine start. I've even completed that portion of the checklist myself and skipped ahead to engine start. I call "start right engine." He replied "starting right engine" but nothing happens. No switches flipped or anything.. I've tried multiple times, updated FS2Crew, etc. With no luck. Any ideas? 

I have gone over the manual multiple times and burned hours running through the preflight process. I do not have any friends with FS2CREW for the maddog to check my work though. 

Looking at the code...

After the FO says "Approved", the FO will then run his before start flow.

When he's done that, he'll then start the Before Start Checklist.

Please check for switch movement during this flow.  You should see the switches move.

Are you running any external hardware?

No external hardware. All switches are properly flipped by FO until that call. He replies "approved" and then nothing else happens. I've reinstalled multiple times, checked versions, etc. 

Are you "re-sizing" the FS2Crew panel?  That can sometimes mess things up.

When load P3D, what aircraft do you see on the initial menu.  It should be a default plane, never a 3rd party plane (as that can cause load order issues).

Are you using a saved situation file?

Finally figured it out. I had to cycle the pushback required option. It was set to no, but I cycled it to yes and back to no, and it worked. 

I have the same problem. FO appears stuck at "approved"

Also the FO will not execute my specific commands to flip switches or turn knobs.  I don't get the following: 

• SDK style functionality: The simulated First Officer can directly control almost every switch on the aircraft.
  • Control the autopilot using voice control!

I have resized the window and started with a third party aircraft.  I will do all of the above remedies to see what happens