Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Long pauses are back in in the 4.5 hot fix?

One of the nice things about 4.5 was that it eliminated a consistent long pause when taking off at FlightBeam's KSFO. It also eliminated long pauses at some other areas with issues. With the latest hotfix, I just tried taking off from 1R at SFO and it appears that the long pause is back. Is anyone else seeing this?

So far I am NOT!  The long pauses seem to be eliminated for me (cross my fingers).  I am extremely happy with the hotfix, SkyForce, Environment Force, and ActiveSky.   I start each one of them before flying, and my flights are smoother than ever.  I will try KSFO and see if that is different (Flightbeam's version).

Stan

Yup, same thing at Van Nuys R16R.. but the pause is a lot less pronounced than in V4.4. so "not as bad"..

Bert

I am experiencing long pauses when tool tips display. For example in the FSL A320 if I hover the mouse over a button or control to cause a tool tip to appear, when I move the mouse away from the tool tip which causes it to disappear I experience a long pause. Every time. The solution for me so far is to turn off tool tips.

I also experience log pauses whenever my mouse cursor leaves the active P3D window. For example I use a separate PC for Active Sky, PFPX, Navigraph Charts, etc. I use software called Multiplicity which allows me to control the mouse and keyboard of the second PC with the mouse and keyboard on my primary Flight Sim PC. Its seamless, I just move the mouse off the edge of the screen over to the second monitor which is attached to the second PC. When I move the mouse back and click into the P3D window I get a long pause. I have been using P3D in this way for years now since version 2. With the latest 4.5 and 4.5 hotfix 1 I have noticed this long pause issue with the tool tips and multiplicity.

Benjamin Nash

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4 RAM CL14, Asus ROG Strix 4090, Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero Motherboard, LG OLED C1 48". 

The pauses are still in the same predictable areas. I was really hoping that this issue would be addressed, but it wasn't. Maybe in the next update.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

One of the nice things about 4.5 was that it eliminated a consistent long pause when taking off at FlightBeam's KSFO. It also eliminated long pauses at some other areas with issues. With the latest hotfix, I just tried taking off from 1R at SFO and it appears that the long pause is back. Is anyone else seeing this?

+1

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

i just downloaded 4.5 last night and cannot use EF after I bought it. Is this hot fix separate from the main installer for 4.5 ? 

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

The pauses are still in the same predictable areas. I was really hoping that this issue would be addressed, but it wasn't. Maybe in the next update.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. They are never going to pull software developers off doing stuff for the military to do stuff for simmers. There is no financial uptake of fixing London, San Fran, Toronto or HK vs Creating more USPs for the Saudi and Aussy Air Force. 

That's regardless of how much time some dude  spoke to Simbol at a stand at a flightsim convention. 

Unfortunately We are worth peanuts compared to the Saudi Air Force who just had a whole airbase added for them in 4.5.  There are more people using Farm Simulation that flight simulation. Harsh but true

It would be like asking the head of IT at my work to pull 3 IT guys of working on Web sales analytics to update all flight ops excel 2003 to excel 2019.  He tell me to politely bugger off. 

Money pure and simple.  Sure the It would smuze me a bit, but he still aint gonna do anything. 

Edited by tooting
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

Although saying that I just landed by in Gatwick and the pause has gone there. First time in years 

14ppkc-6.png

3 hours ago, tooting said:

Although saying that I just landed by in Gatwick and the pause has gone there. First time in years 

Heh 😎

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

9 hours ago, DJJose said:

But it was addressed, that's what's so confusing. It was in the initial 4.5 hotfix, and now it's out.

17 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

But it was addressed, that's what's so confusing. It was in the initial 4.5 hotfix, and now it's out.

Probably because the problem that required the hotfix, was excess rendering of autogen at further ranges. That means overall reduced performance but that would also mean everything is 'pre-loaded' much sooner, thus you avoid that stutter as a huge chunk of autogen is loaded in. You'll probably get the same effect by turning up your sliders, as pre-hotfix conditions.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 hours ago, tooting said:

That's regardless of how much time some dude  spoke to Simbol at a stand at a flightsim convention.

LOL

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

4 hours ago, Chapstick said:

rubbish no it wasnt.  please fly into  Klax with a bit of autogen on with a payware a/c, same with YYZ  it will stuuter and lag the whole way down the ils from 5 miles no amount of BS from LM will stop that

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, tooting said:

rubbish no it wasnt.  please fly into  Klax with a bit of autogen on with a payware a/c, same with YYZ  it will stuuter and lag the whole way down the ils from 5 miles no amount of BS from LM will stop that

We’re talking about different issues. Yes, the rendering engine is garbage and will always stutter. But in the initial 4.5 release they fixed a very specific long stutter that occurred at the same location at SFO (and other airports).  

• Upvote 1