Sign in to follow this  
chapstick

Long pauses are back in in the 4.5 hot fix?

1 hour ago, tooting said:

rubbish no it wasnt.  please fly into  Klax with a bit of autogen on with a payware a/c, same with YYZ  it will stuuter and lag the whole way down the ils from 5 miles no amount of BS from LM will stop that

It was. Stuttering and pauses near autogen heavy areas and dense airports is an age old issue. The 4.5 issue was due to autogen being rendered even further out than what the sliders were set to, causing even larger chunks of autogen to bog down the CPU, thus longer and more severe pauses when it tried to load a segment. The ESP's autogen rendering has always been a mess. The issue that required 4.5 to be hotfixed, has indeed been fixed.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

6 hours ago, Chapstick said:

We’re talking about different issues. Yes, the rendering engine is garbage and will always stutter. But in the initial 4.5 release they fixed a very specific long stutter that occurred at the same location at SFO (and other airports).  

The Gatwick one for example?? I give you that 

14ppkc-6.png

Pauses, stutters, loading textures in the distance. All still there and they have always been since v4 was released. Let's not kid ourselves.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'll keep looking for those pauses.....but so far, 100% better than before.

Stan

I get long pauses when flying low, not necessarily on approach anywhere, straight and level about 100-5k ft above this smooth and maxed on frames.

I get it most flying around the orbx regions which I have global, vector, regions and true earth working where i fly and get pauses.

Initially thought it was the auto save pause but found huge improvement in that when added to firewall and AV permissions.

I've read that i should disable orbx regions and/or vector but I love the looks.