Sign in to follow this  
Torsen

V1.4 Feedback

Anybody else tested 1.4 already?

Just did a short test and the first thing noticed is hotel mode broken. Prop brake shows active but prop turning.

Can someone confirm please?

Cheers

Thorsten

I noticed that 1.4 was available. But could not find any info on what was changed. Is this normal to release a patch without patch notes?

Edited by Riah069

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

16 hours ago, Torsen said:

Anybody else tested 1.4 already?

Just did a short test and the first thing noticed is hotel mode broken. Prop brake shows active but prop turning.

Can someone confirm please?

Cheers

Thorsten

Which platform? Was it working before? Some folks have reported hotel not working for them prior to 1.4.

Has anyone been able to confirm if they fixed the waypoint following this time?

For me p3d v4.5hf1. Hotel mode worked fine before (at least visually, cause it's a fake anyway) but in a fresh install prop is turning even with prop brake showing active.

T.

10 hours ago, Torsen said:

For me p3d v4.5hf1. Hotel mode worked fine before (at least visually, cause it's a fake anyway) but in a fresh install prop is turning even with prop brake showing active.

T.

Hotel mode works for me need to enable the Throttle guard , but the prop 1 is never stop turning 

17 hours ago, el_kab0ng said:

Has anyone been able to confirm if they fixed the waypoint following this time?

I run the RXP GTN750 that one work perfect very fun to fly LPV approches down to  DA on AP both lateral and vertical.

P3DV4.5HF1

Edited by westman

6 hours ago, westman said:

Hotel mode works for me need to enable the Throttle guard , but the prop 1 is never stop turning 

I run the RXP GTN750 that one work perfect very fun to fly LPV approches down to  DA on AP both lateral and vertical.

P3DV4.5HF1

I've often said I shouldn't be required to install another piece of payware to get the piece of payware I already own to function properly. It's a cop-out that continues to enable Carenado not to fix the underlying issues.

8 hours ago, el_kab0ng said:

I've often said I shouldn't be required to install another piece of payware to get the piece of payware I already own to function properly. It's a cop-out that continues to enable Carenado not to fix the underlying issues.

The FMS in the Carenado birds i stopped use , wy use something that not work, take the MJC Q400 FMS that one is not 100% yet but compared to the Carenado its 10.000 times better..

I like this one on short trips 20-45min flights to small regional airports with LPV or Visual approches, it handels well easy to use , system not deep but it get the work done.

Edited by westman

Some questions regarding FMS and not only:

- in the manual it is written about the possibility to change the ALT/FL in the FMS and also about VNAV, it does not work for me (page 9 from the FMS.pdf)

- how can I introduce an airway in the flight plan?

- how should I handle the Excess Cab deltaP?

- is there a working button for squawk mode C? For now I set it manually in vPilot.

- I noticed the distances are wrongly shown in FMS as it skips to follow the waypoints which are already passed...even if it follows the fpln.

Some buttons are clickable in FMS but they seems to not do something (like Msg, Data, Tune)

Edited by Vali

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD

On 5/31/2019 at 6:18 AM, Vali said:

Some questions regarding FMS and not only:

- in the manual it is written about the possibility to change the ALT/FL in the FMS and also about VNAV, it does not work for me (page 9 from the FMS.pdf)

- how can I introduce an airway in the flight plan?

- how should I handle the Excess Cab deltaP?

- is there a working button for squawk mode C? For now I set it manually in vPilot.

- I noticed the distances are wrongly shown in FMS as it skips to follow the waypoints which are already passed...even if it follows the fpln.

Some buttons are clickable in FMS but they seems to not do something (like Msg, Data, Tune)

1. If there is a way to change the FL, I've not seen it. This is a typical limitation in the UFMC for Carenado aircraft. If they actually flew their own stuff, they'd also notice that flight following waypoints is half-assed as well.

2. You can't. You have to use a tool like simbrief or FSBuild and put each waypoint of the airway in by hand.

3. I've learned if you want the pressure to not freak out, you shouldn't touch the landing elevation and/or not fly above FL250.

4. You're probably asking too much of Carenado with this one.

5. See #1. This has been broken since day one with this AC.

6. This is another limitation with Carenado's representation of the FMC. Apparently they expect you to buy the RXP/F1 GTN650/750 to make this thing work correctly.

The engine start logic is still a big bug. After the start of the switch, the engine should be slowly turning, and Carenado suddenly turns and there is no transition. The engine shut down too, the propeller stopped too fast. Remember, this is a turboprop, not a bamboo pole.