Sign in to follow this  
kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

https://fselite.net/news/ai-live-traffic-released-for-fsx-and-prepar3d/

Any thought on this newly realeased app ?

I did not test the app but I love the idea. (I think I saw once somme kind of small freeware utility that was doing the same kind of thing, but I can find where now)

Basically you give him a couple of airports, a time and he will gather Arr/dep traffic for those airports from online sources (like FR24), model match them with your AI planes and compile a bgl flightplans file. Then you can start your sim and have a ratherly accurate AI traffic, without spending hours updating flightplans, matching them manually with models and liveries etc...(like with solutions like traffic global, UTL etc..). 

Since sometimes I was wondering why nobody create somekind of app like that, there is a real need for plugnplay accurate AI traffic and that is a simple way to achieve that.

Looks promising indeed, however you need to restart P3D each time you plan a new flight ! I also don't know how it manages AI gates assignments. Moreover I also understood ETA must be within +6h of current UTC (at setting time), then would you still consider long haul flights if there's no AI at arrival (i.e. +8hrs flights for example) ?

And finaly, the biggest issue to me is the Monthly license fee business model...

Regards

Edited by Squatdrop
wording

1 hour ago, kenz said:

Since sometimes I was wondering why nobody create somekind of app like that, there is a real need for plugnplay accurate AI traffic and that is a simple way to achieve that.

Because the live flight datasources on the net are all paid services. And this can get really expensive really fast. FlightAware API will cost up to 10€ per hour for each customer. FR24 doesn't even have an API. Just because there are seemingly free websites (financed by advertising on them) does not mean that you can do with their data whatever you want, and just pull it from there.

If you want real live traffic in your sim, PSXseecon and LorbyLiveTraffic have been around for 2 years now. Both are freeware, but they require a paid subscription to the "RealTraffic" service by InsideSystems. LorbyLiveTraffic has a completely cost free mode too, but that one is not accurate, more like a demo. Both apps handle live traffic a little differently, and LorbyLiveTraffic has a mode where the AI are injected "properly" too, meaning that they behave like you would expect from an AI aircraft (ATC interaction, flights from gate to gate). 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 7

LORBY-SI

LorbySi is correct.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I use AIG traffic, maybe it's not as accurate but I have more traffic than ever. 

And don't have to mess around with flightplans or compiling

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

2 minutes ago, 331BK said:

I use AIG traffic, maybe it's not as accurate but I have more traffic than ever. 

Some want volume, others prefer accuracy. My own sim can't take too many AI aircraft before it starts to stutter, so I am happy with the real world. And I prefer flying to waiting in queue.

2 minutes ago, 331BK said:

And don't have to mess around with flightplans or compiling

and neither do PSXseecon nor LorbyLiveTraffic. They inject the traffic at runtime, as it happens in the real world.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

I love the idea of Lorby, having a direct image of the real live traffic in the sim, the problem is that there is no ground traffic (cause the AI diseapear as soon as the real plane turn transponder off) and that's a immersion killer in my opinion, empty airport are so sad

Edited by kenz

13 minutes ago, kenz said:

I love the idea of Lorby, having a direct image of the real live traffic in the sim, the problem is that there is no ground traffic (cause the AI diseapear as soon as the real plane turn transponder off) and that's a immersion killer in my opinion, empty airport are so sad

That is not true anymore. LorbyLiveTraffic has gained a second mode, "Simulator AI", where the traffic behaves like it does when created the usual way - including ground traffic, ATC interaction, collision detection. Of course, when in the air, these aircraft will not fly where they are in the real world, but rather follow the usual sim routes. So this traffic mode is only "live" in the sense that aircraft fly from correct airport to correct airport at the time when they do in the real world - and it will only be accurate when you use the RealTraffic datasource.

Besides, as far as I know, PSXseecon has live-live ground traffic.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

15 minutes ago, kenz said:

sorry, wasn't aware of this new feature. I'm not sure to understand what it involves, we need to feed it with flightplans or the data gathering is automatic ? is thare a forum post /webpage explaning this feature in details ?

Hi,

you don't have to do anything. When using RealTraffic, the app knows from where to where the aircraft is flying when it appears in the live data stream. So it calculates a halfway realistic route and injects the aircraft as ATC controlled AI. The simulator does the rest.

You can download the the app and the manual separately on the Lorby-SI website (way down at the bottom the downloads page).

Both me and Kiek (PSXseecon) have support subforums here on AVSIM. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

17 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hallo,

du musst nichts tun. Bei Verwendung von RealTraffic weiß die App, von wo aus das Flugzeug fliegt, wenn es im Live-Datenstrom angezeigt wird. Es erstellt also eine halbwegs realistische Route und injiziert das Flugzeug als ATC-gesteuerte KI. Den Rest erledigt der Simulator.

Sie können die App und das Handbuch separat von der Lorby-SI-Website herunterladen (ganz unten auf der Downloadseite).

Sowohl ich als auch Kiek (PSXseecon) haben hier auf AVSIM Support-Unterforen. 

Freundliche Grüße

And what AI models he uses the program Lorby Live Traffic .. FAIB FSXP etc or does it need specific models.

Best 

Torsten

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

Just now, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

And what AI models he uses the program Lorby Live Traffic .. FAIB FSXP etc or does it need specific models.

Best 

Torsten

Hello Torsten,

there are precompiled mapping databases for WOAI, FLAI, BVAI, UT2, UTL and MT6. It has an option to scan an unknown collection of aircraft too, but that one isn't terribly intelligent and requires a lot of manual labor after the scan (=matching aircraft models and airlines to their respective ICAO codes)

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hallo torsten

Es gibt vorkompilierte Kartendatenbanken für WOAI, FLAI, BVAI, UT2, UTL und MT6. Es besteht die Möglichkeit, auch eine unbekannte Sammlung von Flugzeugen zu scannen, die jedoch nicht besonders intelligent ist und nach dem Scan viel Handarbeit erfordert (= Zuordnung von Flugzeugmodellen und Fluggesellschaften zu den jeweiligen ICAO-Codes).

Freundliche Grüße

Ahh ok, it would also be possible to include the Neue AIGAIM as a source.
Because my traffic has now almost completely switched to Payware fliers FSPX AI and just FAIB as Freeware.Bin now with this tool on the way it makes a good job but just not real.

Best 

Torsten

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

Just now, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

Ahh ok, it would also be possible to include the Neue AIGAIM as a source.

Yes, but you would have to map most of the aircraft and airlines ICAO codes using the LLTX database manager. It isn't hard, but a lot of boring work, which is why I did it in advance for the products mentioned above. Makes no sense that everybody goes through the process.

I am working on creating a mapping database for AIG. But I just don't have the time to download all the models. If someone who has the full complement would volunteer to help, that would be great… I only need the database XML file that is created when you scan a simobject folder using the "Custom" database in LLTX.  Same goes for any other AI aircraft collection in general use.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

2 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Ja, aber Sie müssten die meisten ICAO-Codes für Flugzeuge und Fluggesellschaften mithilfe des LLTX-Datenbankmanagers zuordnen. Es ist nicht schwer, aber eine Menge langweiliger Arbeit, weshalb ich es im Voraus für die oben genannten Produkte gemacht habe. Es macht keinen Sinn, dass jeder den Prozess durchläuft.

Ich arbeite an der Erstellung einer Mapping-Datenbank für AIG. Aber ich habe einfach nicht die Zeit, alle Modelle herunterzuladen. Wenn jemand, der die volle Unterstützung hat, freiwillig helfen würde, wäre das großartig ... Ich benötige nur die Datenbank-XML-Datei, die erstellt wird, wenn Sie einen Simobject-Ordner mit der "Custom" -Datenbank in LLTX scannen. Gleiches gilt für alle anderen AI-Flugzeugsammlungen im allgemeinen Gebrauch.

Freundliche Grüße

Would like to help, helps us all what exactly need you have all payware aviators of FSPXAI

wich xlm from the Plane

Best

Torsten

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne