Sign in to follow this  
kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

will it pick up flights crossing your route

In my understanding this is what lorby's AI do thanks to the "traffic injection" way of doing things

but AITL just generate an AI traffic schedule at the airports you depart and arrive. Not really "LIVE" but close to the actual schedule of the airport you're flyin in/out at the right time (cause the generated schedule is based on online tracking system like FR24).

With AITL, enroute traffic will only be the ones departing/arriving in those two airports, so skyes will be quite empty. AITL seems to be a really simple plug n play solution for those who wants airports with AI traffic but don't bother about enroute traffic.

Edited by kenz

11 minutes ago, kenz said:

In my understanding this is the way lorby's AI works thanks to the "traffic injection" way of doing things

but AITL just populate traffic at the airport you depart and arrive. Not really live but close to the actual schedule of the airport of the time you're starting your sim.

With AITL, enroute traffic will only be the ones departing/arriving in those two airports, so skyes will be quite empty. AITL seems to be a really simple plug n play solution for those who wants airports with AI traffic but don't bother about enroute traffic.

Then this AITL is just my sim request. I couldnt care less of other enroute flights.

Maybe someone can help with the FSUIPC. ini settings for local AI but not other airports? I dont understand it in detail but reducing things from 50% default to 40% has increased AI in my  departing airport even with a 15% MT6 P3D menu settings. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

13 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Maybe someone can help with the FSUIPC. ini settings for local AI but not other airports? I dont understand it in detail but reducing things from 50% default to 40% has increased AI

A question really for my Support Forum, but whilst I'm here:

The percentage is the chances of each category being deleted, so you need to increase those for less traffic. Apart from the main traffic limit and the frame rate target, all the others merely control deletion probabilities -- as in fact stated in the documentation (eg User Guide page 53 for FSUIPC5).

Pete

Edited by Pete Dowson
  • Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

6 minutes ago, Pete Dowson said:

A question really for my Support Forum, but whilst I'm here:

The percentage is the chances of each category being deleted, so you need to increase those for less traffic. Apart from the main traffic limit and the frame rate target, all the others merely control deletion probabilities -- as in fact stated in the documentation (eg User Guide page 53 for FSUIPC5).

Pete

Thanks. Read it in the manual but must be stupid 😉. Should i fill all percentages? And will All this conflict with AITL? 

Say i want real live traffic on request but only in my departing /arrival airport and max 40 AI. 

What can and should i do? Also using a button to manually switch on/off AI traffic which is a nice feature btw on approach and takeoff. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

1 hour ago, ha5mvo said:

I Don't understand then. If you're say on a route from paris to Oslo, will it pick up flights crossing your route between Germany and the UK, or are you going to see congestion only at a certain radius around the designated airports? How does the program pick up an aircraft crossing your route if its oblivious to global traffic and is generating traffic from TWO airports only??

25 minutes ago, kenz said:

In my understanding this is what lorby's AI do thanks to the "traffic injection" way of doing things

but AITL just generate an AI traffic schedule at the airports you depart and arrive. Not really "LIVE" but close to the actual schedule of the airport you're flyin in/out at the right time (cause the generated schedule is based on online tracking system like FR24).

How it works

AI Live Traffic will search for all the airlines scheduled timetables in the real world for your origin and destination airport, then it will match every flight parsed with your personal AI Aircraft library and will create and compile the generated flight plans to be used within FSX or P3D as AI traffic. You will see only real flights inside your flight simulator.

AI Live Traffic uses the default AI traffic engine from FSX/P3D, flight plans are compiled as BGL files. 

Because of the dynamic real timetable management which releases scheduled flights few hours before it departs, AI Live Traffic needs to look for new scheduled flights every time you will start your simulator and generate a new package.

Using your Paris to Oslo example, the program generates all arriving and departing traffic at say LFPG and ENGM. So you will come across other flights e.g. EDDF to LFPG, LFPG to LEMD, ENGM to LPWA, EKCH to ENGM and (if they fall within the time period chosen), some long-haul flights e.g. KJFK to LPFG, ENGM to VTBS also.

You won't see EGLL to EDDM or EHAM to UUEE traffic.

The longer the distance between your departure and arrival airports, the less likely you are to see crossing traffic (emptier skies).

To be fair, there is a free demo to try it out.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Is there any consensus on the best AI if your first priority is performance?

I just like AI moving around my airports doing some landings and take offs. Good to see real world aircraft types and liveries that suit the airport but I could care less where it is going or where it came from...

I seem to read that when P3D is calculating flight plans and such then it’s harder on FPS, so I assumed live injection of traffic would be best for performance but I end up with a lot of planes I can’t see in the sky and performance isn’t great.

I don’t know if that’s myth or not about P3D calculating flight plans.  It seems to me that performance is directly related to models and number of planes. No matter where they are or what they are doing.

4 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

Is there any consensus on the best AI if your first priority is performance?

I just like AI moving around my airports doing some landings and take offs. Good to see real world aircraft types and liveries that suit the airport but I could care less where it is going or where it came from...

I seem to read that when P3D is calculating flight plans and such then it’s harder on FPS, so I assumed live injection of traffic would be best for performance but I end up with a lot of planes I can’t see in the sky and performance isn’t great.

I don’t know if that’s myth or not about P3D calculating flight plans.  It seems to me that performance is directly related to models and number of planes. No matter where they are or what they are doing.

I am with you. Thats why i asked about a specific scenario like 40 AI in your airport with a quick on/off solution. 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

39 minutes ago, TravelRunner404 said:

It is a myth from the FSX days. I'm not even sure that it was true back then. Maybe with solutions like WOAI, where there were hundreds of BGL files that needed processing. In this day and age, a few thousand numerical calculations more or less on the CPU won't make a lot of difference. 

What is very noticeable (=stutters) is for example the injection and deletion of AI aircraft using SimConnect. Especially when there are a lot of them being generated or removed at the same time and when the 3D models and textures are complex. The complexity of the AI models has been increasing too. The simulator will move the control surfaces on AI aircraft if they are modelled, handle gear and flaps, and a few more aircraft systems, like engines, electrical and lights plus the sounds. The more complex the models are in any of these attributes, the more workload they generate. And naturally that load correlates directly with the total number of aircraft. 

Another factor is the quality of the aircraft models. If they have a lot of content errors, like missing sound files etc., performance will suffer too, because the sim has to process that error state every time that feature is called up.

Last, the way how the injected aircraft are managed by the app that creates them plays a role too. There are basically three technological options when done from the outside, and they differ as far as sim workload is concerned.

IMHO the simulators internal logic is your safest bet, for performance and reliability both. If you enjoy the other options depends mostly on how powerful your computer is. My main sim computer is a i9 9900K@5.0 GHz with 1080TI - even on that one I am happier with 50 AI than with 200...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Do AILT and/or LLTX allow to use historic data from within the last 24 hours and can it automatically be connected to the sim time? Or is it only real time traffic?

Edited by RALF9636

Just now, RALF9636 said:

Do AILT and/or LLTX allow to use historic data from within the last 24 hours and can it automatically be connected to the sim time? Or is it only real time traffic?

LLTX: real time only.

Best regards

• Like 1

LORBY-SI

5 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

LLTX: real time only.

Best regards

Any chance to implement such an option for historic data?

I seem to remember it was possible with PSXSeecon. I abandoned the latter due to the erratic ground movements so I would mostly be interested in your Sim AI mode.

Edited by RALF9636

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

there is no historic data in AILT at this version, you are allowed to generate flight plans from your current time and must flight within the time you generated the bgl's, I think that is the idea. It only allows for flights less than 6 hours long, so no long haul by now 😞 may be in a future update.

I might end using both Lorby's and Ai LIve Traffic as both use the same AI aircraft models and somehow they compliment each other... at a cost.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Any chance to implement such an option for historic data?

I seem to remember it was possible with PSXSeecon. I abandoned the latter due to the erratic ground movements so I would mostly be interested in your Sim AI mode.

At the present time this is not possible. The data provider "RealTraffic" would have to provide that historic data, but it doesn't. I also seem to recall that this was the case at some point, but either I'm wrong or that option has been removed. It feels like quite the challenge for a database server, so I'm not really surprised that it isn't there anymore.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, kenz said:

Yep, that sounds right, using the app my airports look great and crowded but cruise is quite lonely. Flight plans must be generated every time you are going to start a flight.