Sign in to follow this  
kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

17 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

At the present time this is not possible. The data provider "RealTraffic" would have to provide that historic data, but it doesn't. I also seem to recall that this was the case at some point, but either I'm wrong or that option has been removed. It feels like quite the challenge for a database server, so I'm not really surprised that it isn't there anymore.

Best regards

That's too bad but I see the point. It would be nice if at least a few times of day would be selectable. With real time traffic only there would not be much traffic to see when flying at night. It would be nice to be able to select to see the traffic from say 0600, 1200 or 1800 when flying at midnight (real time).

Edited by RALF9636

14 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

At the present time this is not possible. The data provider "RealTraffic" would have to provide that historic data, but it doesn't. I also seem to recall that this was the case at some point, but either I'm wrong or that option has been removed.

We had this option for a short time, but it was removed after a few months. I recall, it was something between servers, cost, and legal data usage, and I never really got it

I very much miss this feature and asked for it, but failed. I mainly find time to fly late in the evening. While KSFO is overcrowded at that time, my domestic airports are more or less empty, let alone smaller airfields.

Kind regards, Michael

• Upvote 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

2 minutes ago, pmb said:

We had this option for a short time, but it was removed after a few months. I recall, it was something between servers, cost, and legal data usage, and I never really got it

I very much miss this feature and asked for it, but failed. I mainly find time to fly late in the evening. While KSFO is overcrowded at that time, my domestic airports are more or less empty, let alone smaller airfields.

Kind regards, Michael

RealTraffic would have to continuously save all the traffic data from the whole world to a database, and then stream to maybe thousands of clients all requesting different timelines relative to their own time. That is comparable to a video streaming platform, just with less data. Begging for performance and bandwidth problems.

Software wise it isn't hard to implement. Legal I know nothing about. But to handle that amount of data and the sheer number of operations you need a good =professional database. Feels like Oracle with matching hardware. I suppose that InsideSystems would have to up their prices considerably to support that kind of operation.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

1 minute ago, Lorby_SI said:

RealTraffic would have to continuously save all the traffic data from the whole world to a database, and then stream to maybe thousands of clients all requesting different timelines relative to their own time. That is comparable to a video streaming platform, just with less data. Begging for performance and bandwidth problems.

Software wise it isn't hard to implement. Legal I know nothing about. But to handle that amount of data and the sheer number of operations you need a good =professional database. Feels like Oracle with matching hardware. I suppose that InsideSystems would have to up their prices considerably to support that kind of operation.

Best regards

Providing just a few worldwide snapshots throughout the day would be good enough for me. Whereas these snapshots probably would be a problem for the Live mode (which probably needs a continuous data flow) they should work with the Sim AI mode where the traffic is only injected once and then handled by the sim.

22 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

Providing just a few worldwide snapshots throughout the day would be good enough for me. Whereas these snapshots probably would be a problem for the Live mode (which probably needs a continuous data flow) they should work with the Sim AI mode where the traffic is only injected once and then handled by the sim.

But Simulator AI mode requires the data stream too -  it needs to know when exactly to create aircraft that depart or that you meet en route. That can't work with only a snapshot.

TBH, this sounds more like a task for AILT.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

4 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

But Simulator AI mode requires the data stream too -  it needs to know when exactly to create aircraft that depart or that you meet en route. That can't work with only a snapshot.

TBH, this sounds more like a task for AILT.

Best regards

Ok, I see.

Anyway it's good to see an increasing number of people working on AI solutions these days. Thanks for your contribution!

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Should i fill all percentages?

The default is only 50% as an average starting point. If they are all the same then no preferences are being expressed, so even if they were all 10% or all 90% they wouldn't have any affect. It's the differences which tell FSUIPC what you want it to do. You choose whatever suits you.

5 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

only in my departing /arrival airport

Set them all to 100 except the one for planned airports -- assuming you load your plan into the Sim. Otherwise FSUIPC doesn't know them.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

4 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I end up with a lot of planes I can’t see in the sky and performance isn’t great.

I don't think planes you can't see are really causing performance issues -- they aren't being drawn, whichissurely the main load. And the further away an AI aircraft is then the less frequently is it being updated. I think i recall that the update frequency goes right down to something like 4 times per second, or maybe even less. 

Of course that latter part might not be true for a live injection which is continually updating their positions, but I'd hope it was. 

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

Thread about a new AI program has been steered to another AI program...

• Like 1

I7-8086K Delid OC Synced all cores 5.2  Corsair Hydro Series, H115i PRO ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC)  EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 SLI CORSAIR HXi Series HX1200i 1200W G.SKILL TridentZ Series 64GB DDR4 3200 Windows 10 Pro 64

PMDG 737NGX

22 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Some want volume, others prefer accuracy. My own sim can't take too many AI aircraft before it starts to stutter, so I am happy with the real world. And I prefer flying to waiting in queue.

and neither do PSXseecon nor LorbyLiveTraffic. They inject the traffic at runtime, as it happens in the real world.

Best regards

Accuuracy? 

I´m currently over the golf of bengal and see 0 Planes within a range of 90 NM with Real Traffic and PSXSeecon ? 

FR24 shows me some 100 Planes?

Payed 20 EUR for the 3 Month subscirption to see 0 accuracy? 

AIG Traffic at least shows me 3 Flights.

First is Real Traffic second is FR24

Real-Traffic.png FR24.png

Maybee it`s me doing somehting wrong.

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

1 hour ago, Shylock_35 said:

Shylock you are right sorry for OT

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

11 hours ago, Delta330 said:

Yep, that sounds right, using the app my airports look great and crowded but cruise is quite lonely. Flight plans must be generated every time you are going to start a flight.

Plus the whole of HK, China, Japan and Russia won't let you pull flight data / route strings off flightaware.com or fr24. They restrict the data

I guarantee this is going to be a gimmick like UT live was. 

Like I said we always have issues getting hold of our company aircraft over China / Russia  / India 

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

23 hours ago, kenz said:

I love the idea of Lorby, having a direct image of the real live traffic in the sim, the problem is that there is no ground traffic (cause the AI diseapear as soon as the real plane turn transponder off) and that's a immersion killer in my opinion, empty airport are so sad

That depends on where you are. There are lots of airports where pilots (have to) keep their transponders on. Such as the major european airports EHAM, EDDF, LEMD, EGGL, EDDM and EKCH to name a few. In PSXseeconTraffic you can see these aircraft pushing back from the gate for departure and see arriving aircraft taxiing to a gate and park.

At those airports PSXseeconTraffic will learn automatically what airlines park at what gate with what type of aircraft at what time of the day, so it is able to populate your airport with a very realistic set of static aircraft at gates without you having to do anything for it. Fully automatic...

You can also check FR24 to see if an airport has ground traffic.

Nico Kaan (kiek)

Developer of the freeware PSXseeconTraffic app, first release Dec 15, 2015. 

Edited by kiek

PSXseecon and Lorby appears to be really nice,  innovatives and advanced features but they appear to be far from being user friendly and plugnplay (multiples apps needed, LLTX, PPG, AILG, PSXT, and the datastream must be purchased elswhere etc...) this is so confusing.

There is clearly room for an "Live" AI app that can reach the users that don't want to go throught a IT degree before using it. AILT is clearly trying to fill it.

Edited by kenz

3 hours ago, Shylock_35 said:

Yes I came to read all about it and it’s all about Lorby, talk about hi jacking a topic. Ridiculous.

• Like 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip