Sign in to follow this  
kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, tooting said:

Maintain airline and airport codes. 

One of the previous issues with ai software is they didn't update schedules, airline codes, and airport codes. 

That's up to your AI models and AFCAD files, not the Ai program

2 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Correct handling of AI is very much like administering medication. It has to be the right one at the right dose.

To date, no single program can do both, and none of it is the developers fault. The core of the problem is with the way the sim handles AI and the lack of an affordable and reliable data stream.

Even with the most up to data static database, like the ones based on BGLs or the UTL database, you'll get anomalies  - especially at larger airports. This is due to p3d's ai engine in most part, and partly due to possible AFCAD design faults.

Well PSXseeconTraffic does not use the P3D ai engine at all, so no problems with that.

PSXseeconTraffic also knows the exact parking positions and their radius for your airports thanks to its PPG tool.

The only thing that causes disturbances in the movement of AI aircraft in PSXseeconTraffic is irregularities in the traffic stream provided by RealTraffic ( the data provider).

However, PSXseeconTraffic  "smoothes out" a lot of these irregularities with intelligent heuristics, such as extending an airborne flight in the current direction for a number of seconds if a new position is missing in the data stream, hoping a new one will arrive in time. But lots of other heuristics are in place too. I have worked for 3,5 years now on the development off this app. Current version is 14.14 😉

Edited by kiek
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ha5mvo said:

Olivers Hybrid mode would have been a perfect solution if there was only a good info stream to feed the program

For my personal taste, RealTraffic & the LLTX Simulator AI mode is good enough - but that is because I don't want too many AI in my simulator in the first place. And I fly in Europe mostly, where there is decent ADS-B coverage in most places. The feeling that a certain aircraft that I hear on the ATC frequency is actually there in the real world is still special. There is enough traffic that I sometimes have to wait in a queue at the departure runway and AI fly their usual go-arounds.

I wrote a client for the FlightAware API too (FlightRadar24 doesn't have one), and coverage is really great with them. But then, after creating the account and running a few trials, I realized how much the simulator pilot would have to pay for using it, and I immediately abandoned the code...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

AI aircraft, in realtime , from gate to gate incl all delays and diversions.

Lyning up at approach in a queue with other aircraft , who are actually flying there at that moment in reality too, adds so much to the immersion...

Does this mean proper approach separation if it tracks the position data of the real aircraft?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

2 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Does this mean proper approach separation if it tracks the position data of the real aircraft?

BlackBox711 steam last night on twitch showed this new addon. I won't say anything it's best you watch and draw your own conclusion.

I won't link to the stream.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

12 minutes ago, threegreen said:

You in your AC are the only exception as you have to line up between 2 aircraft with the correct seperation. Which makes it extra challenging ..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

You in your AC are the only exception as you have to line up between 2 aircraft with the correct seperation. Which makes it extra challenging ..

Indeed, but if want to make life a little easier you can also let PSXseeconTraffic block one of the callsigns in the queue so you can take its position and land while listening to the live ATC controller giving "you" instructions 😉

Edited by kiek

35 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Hello Niklas,

what PSXseecon and LorbyLiveTraffic do is basically the same as FlightRadar24 or FlightAware are doing. But instead of painting little aircraft on a map, both tools will display & move 3D models of your choice in your simulator. Downside is, that real world aircraft don't care about you, so you have to thread your own way between them. And they don't interact with any ATC. I find that last part annoying, which is why I have added that Simulator AI mode to LLTX. But that is a different story. 

The new addon from the OP is different. It creates "normal" AI, using real world airport schedules.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hello Niklas,

what PSXseecon and LorbyLiveTraffic do is basically the same as FlightRadar24 or FlightAware are doing. But instead of painting little aircraft on a map, both tools will display & move 3D models of your choice in your simulator. Downside is, that real world aircraft don't care about you, so you have to thread your own way between them. And they don't interact with any ATC. I find that last part annoying, which is why I have added that Simulator AI mode to LLTX. But that is a different story. 

The new addon from the OP is different. It creates "normal" AI, using real world airport schedules.

Best regards

Hello Oliver,

I don't find it difficult to find a place in between two other aircraft. For users that do find it difficult I have add the block callsign option (that real live aircraft will ne suppressed).

Real live aircraft listen to real live ATC of course, why do you want their representations obey artificial ATC programs? That is not even possible in PSXseeconTraffic while it "slews" the aircraft model through the airspace based on the data in the real traffic stream. You will really see the aircraft being vectored to the active runway, as in reality. 

Rgrds,

Nico

Edited by kiek

i keep trying it on free mode for the 5 attempts only for it to not let me giving me the 

ERROR 10603A
You have reached the maximum number of timetables generated for this hour.

Also you going to have issues for example if a titan a320 was operating for easyjet today it will spawn an easy a320 and not the titan.  Not the end of the world but with ai bgls you could specify what routes a titan a320 did for example.

Edited by tooting

14ppkc-6.png

Try it for a month. So far i like what i see. Also using FSUIPC for a maximum numbers of AI in the airports for dep and Arrival. 

That bring new life to my Mytraffic AI models. Maybe not perfect but better than nothing 

Thanks Michael Moe 

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, kiek said:

Hello Oliver,

I don't find it difficult to find a place in between two other aircraft. For users that do find it difficult I have add the block callsign option (that real live aircraft will ne suppressed).

Real live aircraft listen to real live ATC of course, why do you want their representations obey artificial ATC programs? That is not even possible in PSXseeconTraffic while it "slews" the aircraft model through the airspace based on the data in the real traffic stream. You will really see the aircraft being vectored to the active runway, as in reality.  

Rgrds,

Nico

Hello Nico,

we have very different philosophies in our apps, that is just how it is.

But since you are asking about my personal preference regarding ATC:

- I don't like it that there is no interaction with live traffic or live ATC chatter. It is like watching a movie, I don't enjoy flying that way. I also don't enjoy recording my flight and then following myself pretending that I am flying in formation. These things are just not my cup of tea. All I am using the Live mode in LLTX for is plane spotting, I never fly in that mode.

- Simulated ATC talks to the other planes too, alerts them of my presence, makes them halt or go around, even when I do something stupid and deviate from the real world path.

- I use MCE to talk to ATC and ATC talks back to me. They care what I do. With the right ATC program there are many things that I can do that deviate from the real world procedure without having another plane fly or taxi right through me.

- I like my routine of preflight to parking, including the actual guidance from ATC, changing frequencies etc. I can fly to airports that are not 100% realistic and ATC still fits. And so can the other aircraft.

- I can put the simulator in pause mode at any time and come back after an hour without losing anything. I have to do that a lot.

- Simulator ATC is available everywhere, regardless of real world data shortcomings

- I can fly anything, anywhere and any time. I don't have to be a slave of the real world. For me, that is what a flightsim is about.

If I didn't have my LLTX I would probably buy the addon that this thread is about. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

1 hour ago, Lorby_SI said:

we have very different philosophies in our apps, that is just how it is.

Hi Oliver,

Indeed, that's how it is, no problem.

I used to fly a lot online (>1000 hours ) in the Leveld767 in my home cockpit at the VATSIM network. So I know what ATC is all about and I am fluent in speaking the right radio terminology.

I really don't like these artificial ATC programs, and have never used one myself (only watched other pilots using it).

With PSXseeconTraffic I always fly on my own, amidst the live traffic. I enjoy seeing the live aircraft around me at my TCAS.

I don't need any guidance to land or takeoff. It is also more relaxed not to have to fullfill the "talking to ATC and dialing radio freqs" job of the co-pilot while you are also already the captain. 😉

Regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

I think we can all agree that AI traffic (while no version is perfect) has come a long way from this:

:laugh:

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

If I'm in a queue for takeoff and another plane pulls up behind me, will it taxi through me because it's tracking real world position data?

Also, I use ProATCX. It doesn't actually control the AI but issues instructions that fit based on what the AI are doing. Using any of the three programs, will it still keep talking to AI?

I'm still a bit confused.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD