Sign in to follow this  
kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

16 minutes ago, threegreen said:

1) if I'm in a queue for takeoff and another plane pulls up behind me, will it taxi through me because it's tracking real world position data?

2) Also, I use ProATCX. It doesn't actually control the AI but issues instructions that fit based on what the AI are doing. Using any of the three programs, will it still keep talking to AI?

I can only answer for PSXseeconTraffic:

@1 No, it will not taxi through you if you have checked collision detection between your aircraft and real live aircraft in the PSXseeconTraffic User Interface.

@2 No, it will not talk to the real live aircraft because they are not AI aircraft controlled by P3Ds ai-engine, but "aircraft objects" placed and moved in P3D by PSXseeconTraffic. (PSXT will update each aircraft objects position, pitch, bank and altitude between 20 and 33 times per second. PSXT also takes care of animations such as lights, landing gear, flaps and spoilers)

Edited by kiek

11 hours ago, threegreen said:

I'm still a bit confused.

understandably, and in a large part that is my fault by derailing the thread..

We currently have three different products that use online data to create AI traffic: "Ai Live Traffic", "PSXseeconTraffic", "LorbyLiveTraffic". Each of them handles traffic a little differently.
It is important to note, that none of them comes with any aircraft models - they all rely on you having an AI aircraft package already installed. 

1. AI Live Traffic
How does it work?
The app uses online depature and arrival data to generate a BGL file with "classic" AI flight plans for each flight that you make.

What do I have to do?
Before you fly, you have to provide your departure and arrival airports. After the app has calculated the AI flight plan file, you have to restart your simulator (=for every flight).

What AI models are supported?
FLAI, IVAO MTL, WOAI, Traffic Global, Ultimate Traffic

What is the performance impact?
The app isn't running while you fly. It creates standard BGL based AI traffic, just like the default and most other AI products.

Will AI park, taxi, land, take off?
Yes.

Will AI taxi through me?
No - within the known limits of the simulator AI logic

Will AI talk to ATC?
Yes

How much does it cost?
$3.50 per month reduced introductory offer, has a cost free trial

2. PSXseeconTraffic
How does it work?
It reads online position data for each aircraft from an extra client program (RealTraffic) and displays the aircraft in your sim where they are in the real world.

What do I have to do?
Start the RealTraffic client and the app. The initial setup requries you to scan your scenery and aircraft libraries, using tools provided with PSXseeconTraffic

All of them, since the app scans your existing library.

The app has to do its calculations while you are flying, and it is updating every single AI aircraft in the sim approximately 30 times per second

Yes. Within the limits of the online data, expanded with extra logic.

Will AI taxi through me?
Depends on your settings. Normally yes, since the real aircraft doesn't care about you being there. But there is an option to stop them from doing it.

Will AI talk to ATC?
No

How much does it cost?
$20 every three months for the RealTraffic client

3. Lorby Live Traffic
How does it work?
LLTX has two different modes of operations. One is the "Live" mode, where it reads online position data for each aircraft from an extra client program (RealTraffic) or an online API (OpenSkyNetwork) and displays the aircraft in your sim close to where they are in the real world. 
The other is "Simulator AI", where the online data is used to create simulator-controlled AI planes that fly from departure to arrival at the right time - but not using the real route. This is done at runtime, it does not use BGL files and a simulator restart is not required.

What do I have to do?
Start the RealTraffic client and the app. Or just the app in cost free mode. 

MT6, UT2, UTL, BVAI, FLAI, AIG AIM OCI, WOAI

The app needs to do its calculations. "Live" AI in the sim are updated 4 times a minute (the sim controls them, not the program. They are just told where to go), "Simulator AI" are not updated at all.

In "Live" mode: no (only landing). In "Simulator AI" mode: yes.

Will AI taxi through me?
In "Live" mode: no, because there is no ground traffic. In "Simulator AI" mode: subject to the simualtors AI logic - so generally "no", unless they want to.

Will AI talk to ATC?
In "Live" mode: no. In "Simulator AI" mode: yes.

How much does it cost?
When using RealTraffic: $20 every three months
When using the cost-free OpenSkyNetwork: nothing. But that mode has severe limitations, aircraft are from the correct airline but a randomized type. Departure and Arrival airports are more or less randomized too.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

LORBY-SI

Hi Lorby,

Thx for your overview. Here a few corrections for the text about my program.

Initial setup: If you have FLAi installed there is no need to scan your livery libraries. 

The default update frequency is 25, the user-changeable range is 20..33. The app itself takes no more then 0.5 percent of your cpu. The fps drop in your sim depends on the number and quality of your AI aircraft.

Collision detection is default on, so  real live aircraft will normally not taxi through you.

Important functionality not mentioned in your comparison: 

PSXT can populate your origin and destination airport with static aircraft at gates. By self learning it knows which airlines park at what gates with what type of aircraft at what times of the day. The set of parked aircraft changes gradually over time. 

You can also use PSXT without a Real Traffic subscription. You then only have the static aircraft parked at gates. This is handy for pilots flying alone or on-line, that do not like (almost) empty airports. Now they will land and see a realistic set of parked aircraft.

Best regards,

Nico

Edited by kiek

Hello Kiek 

i use your software with real traffic, i want to know why each time i fly to canaries aiports i only have maroco companies at gate ? Example GCTS Tenerife south 

thanks

Frédéric Giraud

26 minutes ago, grandfred29 said:

Hello Kiek 

i use your software with real traffic, i want to know why each time i fly to canaries aiports i only have maroco companies at gate ? Example GCTS Tenerife south 

thanks

Please use my forum at AVSIM.

1.jpg

Hello! What does the red color mean in the schedule?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

Hello! What does the red color mean in the schedule?

It means the aircraft model + airline was not found in your local livery library (The one generated by the Aircraft Analyzer).

You can download the single livery via Avsim or flightsim and run the analyzer again.

Ill give them this the support its good at AI LIVE traffic.  they responsed to my email quickly.

the thing that pains me is its only for one flight and i think it wont do long haul flights over 6-8 hours 

14ppkc-6.png

18 minutes ago, tooting said:

you need a swiftair 737 installed 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiftair

you can find it from 

https://jcai.dk/2018/01/swiftair-boeing-737-400f-opf-dhl-eat-fsx/

simples....

Isn’t that a FSX model based AC ? Hopefully it will work without using to much performance resources.

I prefer P3Dv4 models only..

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

Also, I just found out that the app doesn't create an actual flight plan although it's alluded to in the manual. Spent some time looking to load the flight plan you create in 'Generate Flight plan' in the stock flight planner. Support told me that the flight plan was not accessible by the end user and to read the manual, which I did prior to contacting them.

There ya go.

I turned on UTLive  in parallel

Works without problems

Now i'm not alone in flight ))

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

14 hours ago, newtie said:

Also, I just found out that the app doesn't create an actual flight plan although it's alluded to in the manual. Spent some time looking to load the flight plan you create in 'Generate Flight plan' in the stock flight planner. Support told me that the flight plan was not accessible by the end user and to read the manual, which I did prior to contacting them.

There ya go.

It's bgl traffic so its going to fly direct from a to b   no matter what the developer tells you 

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

I turned on UTLive  in parallel

Works without problems

Now i'm not alone in flight ))

You will have duplicate traffic though 

14ppkc-6.png

31 minutes ago, tooting said:

It's bgl traffic so its going to fly direct from a to b   no matter what the developer tells you 

I dont need to load any flightplan within the sim. UTC time offcause is important but not sure about all this summer/ winter time is working in the sim. 

Because choosing localtime in sim accurate to actual  UTC gave me a zero hit in real live traffic . I know i am supposed to use UTC within the sim but then my FSL ATSU flightplan is not correct. Oh well 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png