kenz

AI Live Traffic Released for FSX and Prepar3D

Recommended Posts

Also, I just found out that the app doesn't create an actual flight plan although it's alluded to in the manual. Spent some time looking to load the flight plan you create in 'Generate Flight plan' in the stock flight planner. Support told me that the flight plan was not accessible by the end user and to read the manual, which I did prior to contacting them.

There ya go.

Share this post


Link to post
Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I turned on UTLive  in parallel

Works without problems

Now i'm not alone in flight ))

 

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, newtie said:

Also, I just found out that the app doesn't create an actual flight plan although it's alluded to in the manual. Spent some time looking to load the flight plan you create in 'Generate Flight plan' in the stock flight planner. Support told me that the flight plan was not accessible by the end user and to read the manual, which I did prior to contacting them.

There ya go.

It's bgl traffic so its going to fly direct from a to b   no matter what the developer tells you 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

I turned on UTLive  in parallel

Works without problems

Now i'm not alone in flight ))

 

You will have duplicate traffic though 

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, tooting said:

It's bgl traffic so its going to fly direct from a to b   no matter what the developer tells you 

I dont need to load any flightplan within the sim. UTC time offcause is important but not sure about all this summer/ winter time is working in the sim. 

Because choosing localtime in sim accurate to actual  UTC gave me a zero hit in real live traffic . I know i am supposed to use UTC within the sim but then my FSL ATSU flightplan is not correct. Oh well 

Michael Moe 

Share this post


Link to post
15 hours ago, newtie said:

Also, I just found out that the app doesn't create an actual flight plan although it's alluded to in the manual. Spent some time looking to load the flight plan you create in 'Generate Flight plan' in the stock flight planner. Support told me that the flight plan was not accessible by the end user and to read the manual, which I did prior to contacting them.

There ya go.

FSX AI traffic need a flight plan to fly, from, to, speed, flight level, etd, eta, etc. I think this is what the developer means when talks about flight plan generation.

2 hours ago, BMW969 said:

I turned on UTLive  in parallel

Works without problems

Now i'm not alone in flight ))

 

Good idea, turn it on while in cruise so you won't be alone, but in depart and landing switch it off, your airports could be too crowded and unrealistic.

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/31/2019 at 7:15 AM, 331BK said:

Accuuracy? 

I´m currently over the golf of bengal and see 0 Planes within a range of 90 NM with Real Traffic and PSXSeecon ? 

FR24 shows me some 100 Planes?

Payed 20 EUR for the 3 Month subscirption to see 0 accuracy? 

 AIG Traffic at least shows me 3 Flights.

First is Real Traffic second is FR24

Real-Traffic.png FR24.png

Maybee it`s me doing somehting wrong.

Presumably..

Post your question in my PSXseeconTraffic forum at AVSIM please.

Share this post


Link to post

This kind of spotting looks interesting, I will try to do it my self (just find the right time in real life). 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

Pretty amazing. I tried the free demo twice before departing for FlightSimExpo. I'm going to look at this again when I get back.

Cheers,

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
On 5/30/2019 at 8:52 PM, pmb said:

We had this option for a short time, but it was removed after a few months. I recall, it was something between servers, cost, and legal data usage, and I never really got it

I very much miss this feature and asked for it, but failed. I mainly find time to fly late in the evening. While KSFO is overcrowded at that time, my domestic airports are more or less empty, let alone smaller airfields.

Kind regards, Michael

Hi Michael,

The time-offset is back in a public beta version of Real Traffic!

Could you test it for us and tell what you think?

Kind Regards,

Nico

Share this post


Link to post

For those interested: The Real Traffic beta DOES work with PSXSeecontraffic in time-offset mode. I just tried EDDT. So you can have moving aircraft in Europe even when simming at night.

That's so cool, thank you (and the author of RT) so much!

Kind regards, Michael

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

For those still interested in the software of the original post - it has just been updated to v1.1.

https://fselite.net/news/ai-live-traffic-update-to-version-1-1/

Most notably, en-route cruise traffic has been added (it's my understanding that this is traffic coming from and going to airports other than your own origin and destination).

Edited by threegreen

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, threegreen said:

For those still interested in the software of the original post - it has just been updated to v1.1.

https://fselite.net/news/ai-live-traffic-update-to-version-1-1/

Most notably, en-route cruise traffic has been added (it's my understanding that this is traffic coming from and going to airports other than your own origin and destination).

That's a huge thing if it is correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

That's a huge thing if it is correct. 

Seems to be. From their site:
 

Quote

 

Now AI Live Traffic will load also real flights from the main airports along your route. These are real flights and will populate the skies while you are in cruise flight. In prior versions only flights departing and arriving at your origin and destination airports where loaded, this led to very few activity while in cruise.

We have added real flights (Not in real time to keep price affordable) for en-route airports in North and central America and Europe. We will continue adding areas in the coming weeks, we will let you know in our blog when updated. Updates will be automatically downloaded in the background when available.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, threegreen said:

We have added real flights (Not in real time to keep price affordable) for en-route airports in North and central America and Europe. We will continue adding areas in the coming weeks, we will let you know in our blog when updated. Updates will be automatically downloaded in the background when available.

ahhhh thats a different game that.  they could be from 10 years ago.  There could be 10 flights, there could be 10 thousand flights.

So they are not live those flights,I wish these developers would stop bending the truth .

there you go, you can deselect the enroute traffic

 

Capture.jpg

Edited by fluffyflops

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, fluffyflops said:

ahhhh thats a different game that.  they could be from 10 years ago.  There could be 10 flights, there could be 10 thousand flights.

So they are not live those flights,I wish these developers would stop bending the truth .

Bending the truth? they are as clear as it gets!
I welcome this update, main focus is still in your origin and destination airports, they have live traffic, cruise traffic is for eye candy only, I will rather ask the developer what date and quantity does it cover than making assumptions.

BTW what do you expect for a 3.5 usd suscription? If not happy you can go and spend 10 bucks a month in the realTraffic thing, way overpriced, this new app is a cheap solution for live traffic and I am happy with it.

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, Delta330 said:

If not happy you can go and spend 10 bucks a month in the realTraffic thing, way overpriced, this new app is a cheap solution for live traffic and I am happy with it.

Not really, FYI: you can now get a Real Traffic license (for a year) for 5 bucks a Month.

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, kiek said:

Not really, FYI: you can now get a Real Traffic license (for a year) for 5 bucks a Month.

Thanks for the headup, I'll make use of it when my present subscription will run out.

Kind regards, Michael

Share this post


Link to post

I am supporting this one  , almost

Michael Moe

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Delta330 said:

Bending the truth? they are as clear as it gets!
I welcome this update, main focus is still in your origin and destination airports, they have live traffic, cruise traffic is for eye candy only, I will rather ask the developer what date and quantity does it cover than making assumptions.

BTW what do you expect for a 3.5 usd suscription? If not happy you can go and spend 10 bucks a month in the realTraffic thing, way overpriced, this new app is a cheap solution for live traffic and I am happy with it.

i think its a great app and a great price but the other traffic isnt live.  id love to know how accurate their other airport data is and where they got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

These are very good times for Flightsim traffic fans 🙂 Thanks especially to Oliver and Nico for their efforts. They do this free of charge out of enthausiasm to be shared for others to enjoy. That's so nice!

Edited by vhaaland
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Hi. Things are evolving in an impressive way. PSXseecon is able to insert the real aircraft in the simulator. Its "accuracy" only depends on the radars. On the other hand, "ai live traffic" captures the data and puts them at the service of a "bgl".
My question is: why not make a hybrid ?.
Let me explain: knowing the departure and arrival data of the aircraft, as compiled by "ai live traffic", we can make those planes act in the simulator as in real life. But you can also represent your routes just like PSXseecontraffic does.
Would there be any way to tell the AI plane, which would land according to the rules of Prepar3d, when it is unlocatable at a point on the approach route? That is to say: sometimes, an airplane flies perfectly localizable according to its radar, but when it approaches it disappears in screen. Perhaps it is at that moment that it becomes part of the rules of Prepar3d, but with the actual destination data.
In this way, the airports would have a high percent of the aircraft in their real gates, and another small percentage in invented gates: but all flights (regular, cargo, and charters and gatraffic, would be there).
In my case, I would love to have flight plans for cargo planes, and for models that do not yet have a transponder.
Finally, thanks for reading, I admire the work of the creators of PSXseecon, real traffic, Lorby and AI live traffic. I think that little by little the best result will be reached.
Thank you!

oh, another suggestion: it would be great to hace an addon that had the power of showing your own plane into the flightradar24 map. Even more: when you are landing, you could point right click with the mouse the plane that disturbs you and take it out. Maybe the creator of "real traffic" could do it.

sorry for my english. this night i had an explosion of wishes:)

Edited by abranpuko

Share this post


Link to post
On 7/22/2019 at 1:15 AM, abranpuko said:

oh, another suggestion: it would be great to hace an addon that had the power of showing your own plane into the flightradar24 map. Even more: when you are landing, you could point right click with the mouse the plane that disturbs you and take it out. Maybe the creator of "real traffic" could do it.

FR24 will be difficult, but in a way  this is already possible with the radar screen of ActiveSky and  with little nav map too (I think)

Share this post


Link to post

thank you very much!:)

the more i use this software the more i like it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Try using PSXseecontraffic together with LAAP :  sometimes you can hear live traffic taxiing around you:  wonderfull !

Edited by Pluto7777
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now