Sign in to follow this  
LecLightning56

No Landing Aircraft in Lorby Live Traffic

I am experimenting with Lorby Live Traffic and RealTraffic on the ground at Frankfurt, using the Simulator AI mode.

I am seeing a lot of ground-based aircraft either static or taking off, but no aircraft landing. Please advise whether or not it is possible to see AI aircraft landing in the Simulator AI mode and, if so, how this is achieved.

Edited by LecLightning56

1 hour ago, LecLightning56 said:

I am experimenting with Lorby Live Traffic and RealTraffic on the ground at Frankfurt, using the Simulator AI mode.

I am seeing a lot of ground-based aircraft either static or taking off, but no aircraft landing. Please advise whether or not it is possible to see AI aircraft landing in the Simulator AI mode and, if so, how this is achieved.

Hi,

sounds strange, I don't have any issues with aircraft not landing. What are they doing instead? And what version of LLTX are you using?

Please try a different airport too, just to make sure. EDDM maybe.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Also, be mindful that it will take a while for the first aircraft to land. LLTX will initially "pull in" and park all traffic that is landing at EDDF in a radius of 30nm to give the simulator ATC a chance to assume control over approaching aircraft. 

It may also happen that all parking spaces are occupied on an airport. I will add a new control for the time that aircraft stay parked after landing in the next version. 

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

It could be I am not using RealTraffic correctly. At the moment RealTraffic is not picking up any traffic, even at KJFK which should be busy right now (perhaps their server is down?).

Also, what do I use for the "Simulator in use" setting within RealTraffic itself?

Hi,

it is already late for me today, my alarm goes off at 5am... 

I will post a screenshot of my RealTraffic settings tomorrow. I am not aware that they make a lot of difference, but still.

Oh, and please make sure that you are not using AI traffic limiters.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Many thanks for your screenshot. It would appear that my RealTraffic settings are as yours so we can eliminate RealTraffic from the proceedings. Also, I am using the latest version of Lorby Live Traffic.

For whatever reason I seem to be having more success now with Lorby Live Traffic in Simulator AI mode and I am now getting landing aircraft to display in the sim, albeit not as prolific as in your screenshots for inbound flights (it just seems to take rather more time to develop which would appear to be the issue I was experiencing).

Finally, I do not have the greatest PC on the planet and generally adjust settings for best performance particularly where fps is concerned. I note that the use of RealTraffic with Lorby Live Traffic is a bit of a framerate killer on the ground: is this a function of the AI models used (FLAI), or how would you recommend that I employ certain settings to alleviate this issue?

Edited by LecLightning56

1 hour ago, LecLightning56 said:

Finally, I do not have the greatest PC on the planet and generally adjust settings for best performance particularly where fps is concerned. I note that the use of RealTraffic with Lorby Live Traffic is a bit of a framerate killer on the ground: is this a function of the AI models used (FLAI), or how would you recommend that I employ certain settings to alleviate this issue?

Hi,

one strategy would be to use the "Auto range" option. This will reduce the range where AI aircraft are picked up depending on the altitude that you are flying at. When on the ground it is 15 nm, at 30.000ft it is 65nm etc.. And use the "lower altitude limit" - this removes all aircraft that are below your own altitude minus 15.000 feet (so the simulator doesn't bother with ground traffic when you can't see it anyway).

In the next version I will also inlcude a control for the time that the aircraft stay parked on the ground. Removing them quickly should help too.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

Apologies for resurrecting this one, but I am still not experiencing much success with "pulling in" landing aircraft. All that appears to be happening is that I have a respectable number of departing aircraft but nothing approaching whatsoever. This is even after 10-15 minutes of observation at Frankfurt EDDF, which at about 12pm should be fairly busy.

I am using the latest, beta version of RealTraffic (with the much-appreciated return of time offset), and Simulator AI in LLTX with Auto range selected. 

I confess to be a bit stumped and a little frustrated at this point so any advice greatly sought on this matter, please.

Also, I am using AIGAIM OCI with just about every imaginable airline thrown in (great tool by AIG, by the way), so I don't believe it is for want of finding an appropriate model/livery for the route.

Edited by LecLightning56

When you are just sitting on an airport, waiting for traffic to land, "auto range" is the wrong strategy. On the ground it will pull in the range to 15 miles, which is too close for simulator ATC to take control of aircraft. In this scenario you must set a range to at least 30 miles (60 is better) to give the simulator time to catch the approaching AI. "Auto range" is only useful if you are actually flying yourself, because you have other things to do than watching traffic. It cuts down the number of AI flying around and it speeds up the traffic flow, since you and the other AI rarely have to wait for landing aircraft. I thought that it is bad enough to stand in line for departure.

IIRC you don't have the computer resources to handle a large amount of traffic, so you should consider trying this at a smaller airport. And you should try PSXSeeConTraffic too, from the sound of it, that app may be better suited for your usage scenario.

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI