Sign in to follow this  
tamsini

Anyone else think this looks kinda fun?

I think it's an interesting program. With that said, I wonder why someone doesn't just come out with a program where people can make their own PA announcements...

I dont expect it to release tomorrow but if it does then great. I am looking forward to it as its something different in the sim world. It feels like this is such an untouched area. With all the remakes of LAX/ATL sceneries for example, plenty of variations of the A320/737 from different developers, multiple weather products on the market, and what feels a new LIVE AI traffic program being developed every year, its mind boggling how FS Passengers has yet to get anything close to competition. Not that FS Passengers needs competition, It is a great program but I think we can consider it dead for P3D V4-5 How about REX Sim Air? That has vanished without a trace from the REX website. I am not a developer so maybe this area is alot more difficult than I am giving credit but it feels like this would be a hit if someone tackled this market fully. Maybe I am biased though because this is what I would want as I do not fly GA and only airliners....

I do not think PACX will fulfill the FS Passengers void that was left (at least not right now) but I will still purchase it as it does look interesting to use with Project Fly, FS Captain or even Air Hauler 2 to increase immersion. I skimmed through the youtube stream of PACX and the plans to develop further intrigue me so I will definitely show some support and purchase it even though Initially in its present state it doesn't take care of everything In my personal simulation needs 

• Upvote 1

It looks interesting. I have been waiting for fspassengers to drop for eons. And appears not to be done anytime soon. I have tried FSCaptian but seems sterile so to speak. So if this decent voiceovers and career logbook. Ill take a dive at it 🙂

• Upvote 1

Mike

Intel 12700k No over clocking 32GB G-Skill 3600 Ram MSI RTX3080

So its going to be released today at 5pm EST and all we got is a year old preview video of the product in its very early stage? 

• Like 1

Would probably have to see more of it. Looks a bit inane.

I may very well be wrong, which wouldn't be the first time. Could be a fantastic little addon.

That said, would have expected more videos and demonstrations leading up to release.

Edited by Sethos1988

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I find FSL with the default cabin noises built in does a lot of great things and the cabin packs add even more. Bringing up a window in the vid above stops the emersion for me. 

When the cabin crew are seated and ready for take off or landing in the FSL I get a call through the Cabin INT all this happens without any input.

As for Captain anoucment, you can press the PA button just like you would IRL talk through your mic and flip to a cabin view and hear all the pax noise and your announcement over the speakers. cabin views within the FSL often leads to listening in on what like listening on other peoples conversation IRL. The engines also sound completely different just like IRL also in a cabin view.

Having said that all that. This might work very well with other aircraft like PMDG/QW etc.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

1 hour ago, Nyxx said:

I find FSL with the default cabin noises built in does a lot of great things and the cabin packs add even more. Bringing up a window in the vid above stops the emersion for me. 

When the cabin crew are seated and ready for take off or landing in the FSL I get a call through the Cabin INT all this happens without any input.

As for Captain anoucment, you can press the PA button just like you would IRL talk through your mic and flip to a cabin view and hear all the pax noise and your announcement over the speakers. cabin views within the FSL often leads to listening in on what like listening on other peoples conversation IRL. The engines also sound completely different just like IRL also in a cabin view.

Having said that all that. This might work very well with other aircraft like PMDG/QW etc.

I agree, the FSL implementation of crew comms and PA is very well executed, although, in its current state, there isnt much variety. Unless you fly a lot of different liveries, you always hear the same sound bits over and over again, bit of an immersion killer for me. 

Looking at the PACX feature list, this is listed as one of the main features:

Varied Announcements

Flight attendant announcements and crew interactions are varied and sound different each flight. Time of day, weather conditions, and in-flight events will cause unique announcements.

Gonna be interesting to see (or hear) if those dynamic announcements are really going to sound natural and professional, not like the stitched sound bits i hear from my ATC addon all day long. The short preview video shows that flight number and destination are part of the announcements and it sounded quite OK but that was about a year ago. 

Also i'm wondering how many language soundpacks will be available and if more are going to be added free of charge. I wouldnt want Betty from Texas to do the announcements on my Lufthansa flight. 

In terms of seamless implementation, they state that QW787, PMDG 777/747 and their own 717 will offer some kind of integration but it remains to be seen if its more than just flicking a certain cockpit switch to bring up the PACX menu

Edited by Woozie
  • Like 1

The interface looks very slick.  It seems to touch on an area that has not been explored much or has it?  I watched the video but still did not really understand the purpose of the product?  Granted, after 15 min in I started to skip around to find out what the product does... then gave up.  Is it a announcement panel on steroids?   I am sure it is way more than that.  What does one do with the information it provides?

An updated 2min video would have been nice for a quick overview before release would have helped me I'm sure.  Have to wait for user's comments after release.

Congrat's on the developers if they release it today.  Hitting goals (at least I have found), is nearly impossible to keep in fs development.  Wish them success on their release!

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

a few bits and pieces i gathered from other sources:

• its going to be early access and some features arent implemented yet. However, devs claim that release code is robust and well tested. 
  • xml based user customization and API for other addons to interact with
  • no other accents/languages available at launch (not sure if that means only one voice)
  • can be used on a networked PC
  • some light GSX interaction implemented - it will tell GSX PAX number for boarding/deboarding
  • dynamic items like destination and flightnumbers are recorded but not implemented yet. So far they covered entire US and 100 major cities around the world. If there's no airport name recording, city or region will be played 

Here's a more in-depth video:

Mario Di Lauro

4 minutes ago, tamsini said:

Here's a more in-depth video:

This has already been posted above....

Edited by Redwood

SORRY! Blind as a bat sometimes.

Mario Di Lauro