Sign in to follow this  
Guest johnt42

Helos in FSX

My top 5 things to fix/alter for Helos in FSX:(For more suggestions on helos, and a better idea of helo issues I suggest the FSX team go to http://www.hovercontrol.com and ask for suggestions there.)1) Multi engine support.Helos can have more than one engine just like planes.But currebt FS9 helos seem stuck with one.2) Option to reverse throttle for the collective. The push pull works the other way for helos meaning we need to either keep changing the settings or use the collective the wrong way round.3) ATC updated to know that helos can be flown from the landing pads and don't need to go to the runway.4) AI helo traffic that can use said landing pads.5) Flight model tweaksThe general concensous is that you need to adjust general realism down from max to get helos to behave properly. This suggests that there are flight model issues for helos that could be looked at.

I agree wit the above points :)Also, one helicopter should feature a "dumbed down" FDE, for people who can't afford rudder pedals to control the tail rotor! I like helicopters, and I would love to fly one in FS, but I look so stupid when I attempt to fly one :-lol"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and therefore, unsafe." http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gif

Guest jrobert

>I agree wit the above points :)>>Also, one helicopter should feature a "dumbed down" FDE, for>people who can't afford rudder pedals to control the tail>rotor! I like helicopters, and I would love to fly one in FS,>but I look so stupid when I attempt to fly one :-lol>>"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's>probably a helicopter - and therefore, unsafe.">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v615/DarrenA300/unsure.gifMost if not all joysticks now-a-days have 3 axies of movement...X-Axies controls rollY-Axies controls pitchZ-Axies controls yawOn my particular stick (I've got a Microsoft Force Feedback 2), the Z-Axies is controlled by twisting the joystick. Now, while that does allow me to control the aircraft (or in this case, the heli), it obviously isn't as realistic as having rudder pedels.

Guest Bell206freak

Quote:++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter - and therefore, unsafe."++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++I'm not so sure of the accuracy of that statement. lol. Helicopters are just as safe as fixed wing, and are more crucial in saving lives than fixed wing aircraft are.And despite a slight rash of helicopter crashes last year and early this year, helicopters have a remarkable safety record. The Bell JetRanger alone has the most impressive safety record of any helicopter.As for dumbing down a particular helicopter? Heck no.. IMHO, Flight Simulator should take a real good hard look at the coding of the Advanced DoDoSim Bell 206 BIII JetRanger, and apply that knowledge to all helicopters in Flight Simulator.

Guest Calb

2) Option to reverse throttle for the collective.The push pull works the other way for helos meaning we need to either keep changing the settings or use the collective the wrong way round.This feature has existed in FS since FS98 -- perhaps longer.Options/Controls/Assignments.... click on the Joystick Axes tab and scroll to the bottom. In the far right column, click the check box.Cheers,CalChief InstructorHoverSafe Academyhttp://members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htm

>2) Option to reverse throttle for the collective.>The push pull works the other way for helos meaning we need to>either keep changing the settings or use the collective the>wrong way round.>>This feature has existed in FS since FS98 -- perhaps longer.>>Options/Controls/Assignments.... click on the Joystick Axes>tab and scroll to the bottom. In the far right column, click>the check box.>>Cheers,>>Cal>Chief Instructor>HoverSafe Academy>http://members.shaw.ca/hoversafe/Hoversafe.htm>Yes I know that you can reverse the control, but that affects ALL aircraft until you change it again. So the configuration is wrong for either planes or helos depending on the setting. Fine if you fly one type all the time, but a pain ifyou don't.Why not have both right? Give us the ability to have it set to reverse for Helos, but forwards for planes without needing to change things everytime you switch from helo to plane.Actually there is a way around this using the /cfg trick, but it would be nice to have it in game, not as an undocumented trick.

Guest adevins

proper trim and MP gauge in the r-22 would be nice :)speaking of which any info of it even being included/updated with fsx? Have seen loads of pics of the 206 but none of the little wobby :)

Guest johnt42

How about as well as 'General settings' affecting all aircraft.. the ability to have a specific 'settings' config for individual aircraft. For example, currently the helos fly best at around 80% realism, whereas fixed wing I would fly 100% realism. Its a pain swapping the settings when I change between helos and fixed wing. Would be great just to jump into a Jetranger, and automatically be at my preset 80%, then to swap into fixed wing and have it again load my preset 100% :)