Sign in to follow this  
Drumcode

TFDI's PacX to release today

Personally I was very impressed with the number of updates and fixes the TFDI team rolled out over time, including the fantastic lighting and windshield effects. I agree that the plane is still short of bug free and I do wish they would keeping a focus on this and then reap the rewards by releasing a stable and mature MD11 on the same platform. Still, I have a lot of respect for the developer for working on the 717 for so long and eventually fixing most issues. Yes, ideally I’d like a perfect product on release date, but I think they shaped up a great deal after the release, so kudos for that.

This passenger simulation is heading into a different direction entirely though. Maybe not a bad thing if the product is good, but I haven’t given up hope for a final fix for the 717 and an MD11 yet. 

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

2 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

And just like that, it turned into the TFDi complaint thread.

just  like  when  EF came  out

Edited by pete_auau

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

5 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Same for me! I had a discussion with Collin two days ago on FS Elite. I told him that it was an unfinished product for the reason on this class of plane I considered a virtual copilot, at least for anouncement like "Thrust set, V1 &and so on", was expected. His answer was "A virtual copilot is not a requirement of an aircraft simulation" - that's not even actually part of the aircraft. Fine. Even CS made it on their 757 III. Strange you will get nice cabin annoucements but no PNF help. Don't misunderstand, I like their 717 a lot, it's a nice product, but It could be awesome. So for TFDI PACX no thank!

regards   

My feelings exactly. An FO contrbutes to imersion much more than pax. I wish FS2 Crew would take an interest in this aircraft. This is why I stick with the Leonardo when I want to fly a DC9.

Vic green

5 hours ago, Pat Mussotte said:

Same for me! I had a discussion with Collin two days ago on FS Elite. I told him that it was an unfinished product for the reason on this class of plane I considered a virtual copilot, at least for anouncement like "Thrust set, V1 &and so on", was expected. His answer was "A virtual copilot is not a requirement of an aircraft simulation" - that's not even actually part of the aircraft. Fine. Even CS made it on their 757 III. Strange you will get nice cabin annoucements but no PNF help. Don't misunderstand, I like their 717 a lot, it's a nice product, but It could be awesome. So for TFDI PACX no thank!

regards   

Having a virtual co-pilot definitely adds something to the sim, but I would also flag that the FSLabs airbuses, arguably the best airliner in P3D right now, also lack this and it doesn’t stop them from being among the best if not the best.

3 hours ago, Sethos1988 said:

And just like that, it turned into the TFDi complaint thread.

Yes I’d love to hear first impressions from anyone who has bought this instead of 717 complaints.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

If your looking for first impression than try the TFDI forums. There is already a bunch of feedback coming in. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Guys, this thread is regarding the new PACX and not the 717 or why they didn't develop a virtual copilot. Can we please stay on topic? 

I am considering if I need to buy PACX and would be interested in some reviews.

• Upvote 2

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

I have no experience with the TFDi company, and I'm very happy to see people speaking up about their experience (good and bad) with TFDi and its other products too - this helps me make a more complete informed consumer decision about the topic/product. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

This is realy early access (EA). In the current state you have to be willing to support the developement and hoping it gets to the point where it is advertised to go.

The voice recording is greate. There is just one attendant at the moment but there are a variety of variations for every announcement that are all different in mood and style. All very professinal and believable, probably the best I ever heard in a sim.

There are different occasions where sounds are played like: welcom, doors closed,push back, snacks, meals, decent, but also for some special events like failure, baggage problems while loading, drunken passanger, diversions for same ore different reasons. There is a lot and it sound greate but at the moment there is not much crew interaction in my opinion. It is early acces and thats the point. It feels promising but other than that there is not much to be done. The sounds are played when certain flight states are entered and thats it at the moment.

Passangers are nicely done with different needs little details for every passanger like needs or purpose of the flight. EA: little to no effect yet.

The voise recognition is implemented and you can easily assign a push button to it. There is the option to have a playback of your announcement as captain to be played if you like to heare that (I don't get the point of that but it is optional). EA: it does not do much. You can aske for the cabin status and tell the passangers if you are late or ahead of your schedule. Announcements for decent are made automaticly and other than seatbelts on or off there is no way to tell your passangers what is happening, for example when you expect turbulences. Cabin service is all on rails and you don't have a saying about start and stop.

Setting up a flight is very easy and intuitiv. The UI is oaky.

If TFDi works hard that could be a great addon. At the moment I think that the asking price of 30$ is a bit much for a tool that basicly playes some very nice soundfiles and rates your landings and flight time. Only time will tell if that is a success or a fail. If you buy you have to be sure to know that you are paying for very few implemented functions. If they can flesh it out to full extent and then some more it sure will be a nice addon.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

MCE_banner_272_68.jpg

Here is a review for those who are looking for one. 

http://grizzlybearsims.com/pacx-by-tfdi-design-a-review/

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

Early access... No thanks. Pay to beta again. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

14ppkc-6.png

it could be fun if it generate scenarios where our ability to make the right decision is challenged.

Like someone called sick should I divert ? if not and the guy dies, passengers will be shoked and call me an un-human captain, a monster. If I divert and the guy feel better after a certain time, passenger will be angry "this captain diverted but the guy wasnt even sick".

If you enter turbulences and you forget to turn seat belt sign, you end up with injured passenger..

so on...

Edited by kenz

It's really underwhelming and was rushed for whatever reason. 

• Upvote 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |