Sign in to follow this  
aatd

Displayport to hdmi cable question?

Situation:  I am needing to buy an active DisplayPort to hdmi cable (to go from a 1060 card to a 1080 hd hdmi input monitor.  I believe the card supports DisplayPort 1.4 and the monitor input is hdmi 1.3.  Does anyone know the basic spec I should be looking for (i.e., what minimum version of DisplayPort and hdmi ends will work?

Many thanks,

Brian

I dont recommend a cable like that 

2 years ago i had the same wish when i bought a rift and i was very disapointed with the cable method 

after that i keep my very good hdmi cable and i bought a converter display port to hdmi 4K 60hz 

Frédéric Giraud

Thank you Frederic,

I will see what converters are available.  I'm needing to connect three (3) monitors where my gpu has only a single hdmi port along with one vga and three displayport(s).  My monitors don't have DisplayPort inputs,

Regards,

Brian