Sign in to follow this  
virtualstuff

Dirt Textures

Something that I have wished for since I learned to use Adobe Photoshop and layers. There are some simmer's out there that love freshly painted aircraft, all nice and pristine with that new car...err JET Smell. Then there are those out there that want their Air France aircraft to not have a bit of white that hasn't been smeered with dirt and hydro fluid. So how about a transparent textures that you can move a slider that increases or decreases the oppacity, at one end Fresh Paint and the other end a 25 year veteran. I know a lot of people that paint already have a layer for the dirt, but make this a separate texture that FSX can manipulate on its own. Any thoughts?

Guest Id Rather Be Flying

>Something that I have wished for since I learned to use Adobe>Photoshop and layers. There are some simmer's out there that>love freshly painted aircraft, all nice and pristine with that>new car...err JET Smell. Then there are those out there that>want their Air France aircraft to not have a bit of white that>hasn't been smeered with dirt and hydro fluid. So how about a>transparent textures that you can move a slider that increases>or decreases the oppacity, at one end Fresh Paint and the>other end a 25 year veteran. I know a lot of people that>paint already have a layer for the dirt, but make this a>separate texture that FSX can manipulate on its own. Any>thoughts?>THAT is an EXCELLENT FRESH IDEA!! Have a texture as dark and dirty as can be which slowly gets revealed over time underneath a fresh clean texture!Carmine http://forums.avsim.net/images/wave.gifhttp://img155.imageshack.us/img155/7118/phoenixtp8mg.jpg

Guest lemonadedrinker

Hi,That is a great idea!! I can almost hear Carmine's brain ticking over on the things to be done to sort that out!!:-wave Andy.

Guest jrobert

Definately! I too agree that aircraft should show their milage.Seems that in FS9, "milage" is shown combined with the aircraft texture. I would very much like to see a gradual transition from clean to dirty over time. Lets perhaps take this even a step further by implementing aircraft washing bays that remove the "dirt" from the airplane and restore it to its pristine condition.

Guest freff

And I would like the hobbs and tach timers to be persistant between sessions. It would be nice to know how many hours I have actually flown in each plane.

Fantastic idea :) There's nothing worse than downloading a plane you flew on, only to find it's filthy :(

Guest Paul Heaney

I Hate Flithy aircraft, and others love it. Would be nice to have that choice, great idea.

A dream of mine is dynamic textures upon daytime and weather conditions will change the textures... or make a SDK hehehe....Dirt/oil/chips markings/etc...So if you can animated a lot of things via XML why not the textures depending on several vars...ray tracing/ bum maping/better rendering...In the menu dynamic textures on/off lolYep indeed great idea :-)Andr

André