Sign in to follow this  
Wickedbacon92

Flysimware Lear35 texture update

Looks like we've ironed out all the modeling/effects the last few days. Starting up the texture process again, should go quickly as there's not much too do. The biggest being Metallic maps for Wings and Engines, should take a couple hours, and the Cabin, which will take a day or so, then misc items. Back on track!

Owh8PMU.png

IL4hs3d.png

• Like 6

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

PBR is done, minus any imperfections I stumble across throughout the rest of the project!

Dynamic lighting is 99% done! 

Disclaimer for Dynamic Lighting:
At least for me and a few others, Dynamic lighting takes a huge toll on performance when Antialiasing is set to (2,4,8)X SSAA when I set it to 8X MSAA my frames are not effected by the lighting whatsoever. Getting upwards of 35 - 50FPS with Dynamic Lighting and PBR in the Lear at Flightbeam KMSP. It's a compromise, but one that's necessary if you're looking to use Dynamic Lighting. There are quite a few lights on the Lear, Landing and Recognition being the ones that take the hit, as they need to be long effects to reach the ground on approach.

Here's a few shots for PBR and Dynamic lighting (with FPS counter).

This is also with the Dynamic Reflections settings set to ULTRA.

Enjoy!

vOiOubZ.png

VOfXTJf.png

ksRweFP.png

raUU8xA.png

RW4hl5t.png

Edited by Wickedbacon92
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The ground illumination by the nav lights might be a little too much, but I've not seen a real Lear 35 on the ground, at night, with the nav lights on.  The landing and taxi light ground illumination looks incredible!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

4 hours ago, stans said:

The ground illumination by the nav lights might be a little too much, but I've not seen a real Lear 35 on the ground, at night, with the nav lights on.  The landing and taxi light ground illumination looks incredible!

It might be, but if they're LED's, and considering how low to the ground the wingtips are, it could be realistic. I've been around 35's but it's been a while and I cant recall how intense the ground effects are. Here're a few shots:

lear60exterior.jpg

0267170.jpg?v=v40

2822146.jpg?v=v40

• Like 1

I'll look into the Nav lights later on.

Here's a few before and after shots of the cockpit, from the same perspectives.
Cockpit isn't finished yet, but just about there.

EXmC1S5.png
13Oy3TE.png

TuxgumE.png
sN1YcNL.png

vH73mKM.png
fFroVs4.png

KhtnEjJ.png
1D7Qs3g.png

And a before and after of the cabin and wood(so far no textures on the walls, overhead.)
Had to take a stock photo from the website as they are new seat models. Also new windows.

UuiXvdg.jpg
5dr5mxc.png

Edited by Wickedbacon92
  • Like 5

Looks amazing! eagerly awaiting the release !

I have been checking this thread for updates far too often but man am I excited for this update. By far my favorite aircraft in the sim. 

Stunning!

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

20 hours ago, nisx said:

It might be, but if they're LED's, and considering how low to the ground the wingtips are, it could be realistic.

True.  LED's used in aviation are incredibly bright, far brighter than the old incandescent bulb.  So that level of ground illumination may be correct.

On 7/13/2019 at 9:57 AM, nisx said:

It might be, but if they're LED's, and considering how low to the ground the wingtips are, it could be realistic. I've been around 35's but it's been a while and I cant recall how intense the ground effects are. Here're a few shots:

lear60exterior.jpg

Unless I'm mistaken, the first image is surely a Lear 60, and the second a Lear 25D? Probably still useful as lighting examples...nice pics.

Kind Regards,

Edited by charliearon
Do not post copyrighted images. Use a link

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

3 hours ago, somiller said:

Unless I'm mistaken, the first image is surely a Lear 60, and the second a Lear 25D? Probably still useful as lighting examples...nice pics.

Kind Regards,

The second is indeed a 35/36.

Santiago de Larminat

On 7/13/2019 at 3:45 PM, Wickedbacon92 said:

I'll look into the Nav lights later on.

Here's a few before and after shots of the cockpit, from the same perspectives.
Cockpit isn't finished yet, but just about there.

Just a "small" difference!  

Amazing work!  What sort of system do you have?  I really like DL too but the fps hit is big - I use 4x SSAA.  Can't stand the jaggies with any less.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

16 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Just a "small" difference!  

Amazing work!  What sort of system do you have?  I really like DL too but the fps hit is big - I use 4x SSAA.  Can't stand the jaggies with any less.

It's pretty old. i7 4770k @ 4.5ghz, 16gb ram and a GTX1070. It hits frames rather hard at heavy payware airport. The 8xmsaa doesn't bother me much, but does bother me. Can't complain with 50frames at payware with Dynamic Lighting, though.

Until Lockheed Martin implements a way to exclude DL from the heavier anti aliasing options, stuck with what it is.

• Upvote 1