Sign in to follow this  
Wickedbacon92

Flysimware Lear35 texture update

Whenever you get to it, Scott, I'll be happy to get back to some high res AirNet Lear doggin!

• Like 1

I couldn't wait, I bought it 😁 I haven't installed it yet though and am thinking about waiting for the update just to get that wow factor!

32 minutes ago, rightseat said:

Whenever you get to it, Scott, I'll be happy to get back to some high res AirNet Lear doggin!

Hah - yeah - lol - can't get enough of them - it seems as if it would have been a very cool job to have when young... My favorite AirNet videos - lol - makes me a tad nostalgic even though I never worked for them - too funny...

19 minutes ago, Speedbird21 said:

I couldn't wait, I bought it 😁 I haven't installed it yet though and am thinking about waiting for the update just to get that wow factor!

Probably one of my all time favorite aircraft in FS of all time - before the updates - and I've been doing this for a while... I don't think you will be disappointed - just keep in mind - things happen fast - very fast - in this little rocket - it requires your "A" Game to fly well... I'd also recommend some type of voice control for the copilot - I use Voice Attack - as it makes managing this aircraft far easier... Enjoy... 

Regards,
Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

1 hour ago, scottb613 said:

Probably one of my all time favorite aircraft in FS of all time - before the updates - and I've been doing this for a while... I don't think you will be disappointed - just keep in mind - things happen fast - very fast - in this little rocket - it requires your "A" Game to fly well... I'd also recommend some type of voice control for the copilot - I use Voice Attack - as it makes managing this aircraft far easier... Enjoy... 

Regards,
Scott

Thanks for the heads up Scott, I love a challenge! I've actually flown this plane in real life a couple times, many many moons ago, and remember cleaning my shorts after both flights 🤣 I will definitely take a look at voice attack, anything to lighten the PF workload.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Speedbird21 said:

Thanks for the heads up Scott, I love a challenge! I've actually flown this plane in real life a couple times, many many moons ago, and remember cleaning my shorts after both flights 🤣 I will definitely take a look at voice attack, anything to lighten the PF workload.

Hi...

I use Voice Attack with all my sims - it's so useful - I now have it reading checklist items, verbally responding, and waiting for my acknowledgement before continuing to the next item (actually a feature request I made of the developer)... During the all critical takeoff phase - I have it raising gear/flaps and turning the AP on while setting it to the proper mode - seriously useful stuff letting me focus on flying the aircraft... It has to be the best $10.00 I've ever spent on a utility - very intuitive interface - easy to setup - and it's been under very active development for many years - - - yeah - OK - I'm a fan...

https://voiceattack.com/Default.aspx

Hah - you have me beat - the best I've done is I've had the opportunity to sit in the cockpit of a Lear 35 once - while not airborne... My takeaway - the cockpit is cramped and difficult for a tall guy to squeeze into... No surprises with this bird for you - fer sure...

:biggrin:

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

Hi Wickedbacon92,

One question on your work - did the mappings change at all ?

If not - it seems to take advantage of your new textures - all old paints will need to be reworked - correct ?

Why I ask - as a painter - the rudder, tip tanks, and nose gear doors are mirrored meaning you can't place text on them... I have several paints that I couldn't complete to match the prototype - if old paints need to be reworked anyway - could we possibly look at correcting these mirroring issues - as this seems like the only opportunity we will have ?

Example: 

48316183416_a54ece7c63_h.jpg

Regards,
Scott

Edited by scottb613

3 hours ago, scottb613 said:

Hi Wickedbacon92,

One question on your work - did the mappings change at all ?

If not - it seems to take advantage of your new textures - all old paints will need to be reworked - correct ?

Why I ask - as a painter - the rudder, tip tanks, and nose gear doors are mirrored meaning you can't place text on them... I have several paints that I couldn't complete to match the prototype - if old paints need to be reworked anyway - could we possibly look at correcting these mirroring issues - as this seems like the only opportunity we will have ?

Example: 

48316183416_a54ece7c63_h.jpg

Regards,
Scott

I requested some of these mappings be fixed, but no avail. Mapping is exactly the same, the paints will have to be imported into the new paint kit as there are new Rivets and overlay details.

• Like 1

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

Hi WB,

Ok - thanks buddy - yeah - I tried with Mark as well a while back and his answer was that it would screw up all the old paints - his reasoning seems moot to me now with your new paint kit - a shame we’re missing a golden opportunity - but I truly appreciate all your efforts...

😀

Regards,

Scott

Edited by scottb613

Yep... I got the same when I approached them.

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

LOL - at least I’m not alone - my tip tanks in the example I posted - should say “We Deliver Time” [sigh]...

😳

Regards,

Scott

The metallic gold, white, and black paint is spectacular, and I can't wait for the cargo interior.

Great work!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Still working on the Cabin dividers and seat.

But here's textures of the walls and floors.
I know what you might be thinking, why wood? 
Well, it's a cheap alternative to everything else, and quite a few Lear cargo operators opt for this since you can beat it up and replace it easily and cheaply.

I thought it was cool.
Unfortunately the cargo layout isn't modeled like a cargo Lear, so it's not accurate in terms of that, but does the job.

zm8ddnL.png

kUoA2mn.png

ACWNQCb.png

Attached below is the aircraft I used for reference.
8kfVL5Z.png

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Link to my personal website where my work is shown.
https://eliamonater.wixsite.com/wickeddesigns

Plywood; it's less expensive and lighter in weight than a metal floor for the same amount of load bearing, it's durable, it's easy to replace.

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

It has a very nicely appointed jumpseat. I wouldn't mind getting a crink my neck looking into the cockpit from there at all! 🙂