Sign in to follow this  
Bastlwastl

Grey Aircraft Previes with PTA

Hello,

i have the problem that i get grey aircraft previews (not actually grey i discovered, but very low color) in P3D v4.5 HF1 with PTA 2.66, like you can see in this picture:

iX0RwFA

it happens with the preset from this site: https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/pta-presets/

the weird thin is, that i have used this preset for some time and had no problems with it and now this error has occured.

I tried a different preset from R&D, and this seems to work so far. It would be great if someone has an Idea what's going on here.

Thank you very much.

Regards

Sebastian

Hi! Which preset was this using?

I think I've always had this problem - regardless of whose presets I use. I think it happens when your system time happens to be after dusk. Once on the tarmac, all appears to be OK.

If you could compare two presets (one of mine and someones else's) used at the same system/sim time, I'd be interested to see what happens.

Adam.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

Hi Adam,

thank you for your quick response, i use this preset: https://www.nzfsim.org/shaders/pta-presets/adam-pta-266_02/

it has been working all the time and suddenly the problem appeared, i tried it again and it‘s working at the moment (in my country it‘s night at the moment, so maybe it has something to do with it)

i will try/compare again tomorrow at around afternoon and will then report what‘s happening.

But what i can say that (maybe yesterday or the day before) it was NOT working with the preset „adam-pta-266_02“ and it DID work with this: http://members.casema.nl/gsalden/PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Mai.rar

inbetween i did also install default shaders and also did a „reinstall“ of PTA.

And as you said it‘s not a problem when flying, it‘s just the preview screen.

Regards

Sebastian

Edited by Bastlwastl

I have to admit that I've never really got to the bottom of this - and would welcome ideas/suggestions from anyone. Not exactly a show-stopper, but I'm intrigued.

I also work on Tomato-shade presets and it happens to me using those as well (I think).

Apart from time of day (or night) it may also depend on the actual aircraft being previewed - maybe because of a missing bump map or simply some anomaly in the mdl itself that only happens under certain lighting conditions.

I've had problems with certain aircraft not being lit properly when aircraft lighting and/or VC tweaks are enabled. The worst culprits being the Aerosoft Airbus and (also Aerosoft) An-2 - where some of the wings textures were missing bump maps (and the model didn't point to them either). Any conversation with Aerosoft just got nowhere, as they just seemed to go into blanket denial mode.

When you compared my preset with one of Gerard's (great presets), were all the conditions roughly identical? The best way to do that is simply set up a test scenario and use that for both presets. Also - check the aircraft lighting and VC lighting tweaks for differences. Maybe there's a clue in there.

I'll also grab PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Mai.rar and see what happens on my system.

Ok, sorry for the late answer first of all.

It happens with the default F-22 as well as with other addon aircrafts, when the F-22 isn't showing correctly, i can switch to antother plane, but everywhere the same problem.

And yes, i used the presets directly after each other and also at the same Day/Nighttime the one shows correctly, the other doesn't. As i wrote before, also Adam's preset worked again for some time (at night), but is now not working anymore.

Really strange.

On 6/2/2019 at 3:19 PM, Adamski_NZ said:

Also - check the aircraft lighting and VC lighting tweaks for differences. Maybe there's a clue in there.

I also will do that, when i find the time for that.

Thank you

Regards

Sebastian

So i tried disabling the " aircraft lighting and VC lighting tweaks" but no difference, still a grey preview picture.

Thank you for your help anyway!

Regards

OK ... let's give this a proper test! Tell me exactly the conditions you get this!

1] P3D version.
2] PTA version.
3] Preset version.
4] Location.
5] Aircraft (and livery).
6] Exact time of day (sim time).
7] Exact time of day (PC system time).
8] Any relevant GFX settings (anti-aliasing etc.).

I understand this isn't a show-stopper of a problem, but I'm intrigued! BTW - for convenience, save a scenario with all the parameters as they are when you see the problem = - it could save you some time.

Adam.

Ok, so here are the details:

On 6/12/2019 at 11:54 AM, Adamski_NZ said:

1] P3D version.

Latest, 4.5.12.30293

2] PTA version.

Latest as well, 2.66 (the one with the bug, telling you that there is a newer version available)

3] Preset version.

The preset that is not working is exactly this: Adam_PTA_266_02

The working one is this one: PTA2-Saldo 4_5 v16 - Jun

4] Location.

Eglin AFB (KVPS), Runway 19

5] Aircraft (and livery).

F-22 Raptor - 52th Fighter Squadron

6] Exact time of day (sim time).

Spring - Day 14:00:00

7] Exact time of day (PC system time).

02:21 AM UTC+2h (Germany)

8] Any relevant GFX settings (anti-aliasing etc.). 

FXAA: Off

AA: 8xMSAA

Texture FIltering: Anisotropic 16x

Texture Resolution: 4096x4096

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.