Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surge

FSX Screenshot vs. Fs9 screenshot

Guest twsimfan

Andre,The building distorion is caused by having your "MIP Mapping" set too high for your graphics card. I'm using a 9800 Pro set at 1280X1024 and I get the same effect if I go higher than 4 on this setting. Your older card may require and even lower setting but I don't think so... I think I used 4 with my old 5500 but to be honest it has been a while. :)Go to the Display settings hardware tab and set mip mapping down to 4 and those buildings should look a lot less psycadellic. ;)

Even with all the enhancements to FS9 the FSX shot looks way closer to how the real world looks (IMHO).I am however, slightly concerned about the tunnel the ship appears to be entering!I am also very happy the ACES guys are out of the closet... we are all passionate about FS here, and it's great to be able to discus and debate with the dev team.Thanks,Paul

Guest tdragger

>Is that a elevated freeway next to water in FSX scene? would>be awesome!It is for now. We're all waiting for the next earthquake...

how long though until someone complains that it's "blurry and completely unrealistic"? :(

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>Andre,>>The building distorion is caused by having your "MIP Mapping">set too high for your graphics card. I'm using a 9800 Pro set>at 1280X1024 and I get the same effect if I go higher than 4>on this setting. Your older card may require and even lower>setting but I don't think so... I think I used 4 with my old>5500 but to be honest it has been a while. :)>>Go to the Display settings hardware tab and set mip mapping>down to 4 and those buildings should look a lot less>psycadellic. ;)Hi Tom,Thanks for the tip & info :)That worked really well for the buildings by adjusting the mipmapping settings, however, the rest of the scenery took a big knock :( As seen by these screenshots.Above:Mipmapping=8Below:Mipmapping=4http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/141965.jpg

Guest TVM

Andre, try setting Mip-mapping to 5. That works well for me. The buildings aren't blurry, and the details in the surrounding scenery looks nice too.Remember to set AA to 4x or more, and AF to 8x or more.

That doesn't look right at all. I have mine set to 4 and the textures don't look anything like your second picture! What video card do you have?

Guest pixelpoke_from_MSFT

>Well, the thing I notice is that the buildings in the FS9>shot (the two sports complexes) are much closer together than>in the FSX shot. Ive always suspected some gross errors in>regards to this. A good example is that at KATL, the terminals>seems WAY too close together. At the real airport, there is>more than enough room for two aircraft to taxi past each other>without hitting aircraft parked at gates. There's not much>room for this at the default KATL. Im sure there's other>places like this too. Also, the textures for the FSX shot show>buildings/roads, etc behind the sport complexes, where as the>FS9 shot shows somthing of a park, or desert looking texture.>>>Just some thoughts,>>ETThe shot above has an aerial image below it, which allowed us to more accurately place Qwest Field and Safeco field, and leave room for the Qwest parking garage... :)Cheers,Jason

>Even with all the enhancements to FS9 the FSX shot looks way>closer to how the real world looks (IMHO).>>I am however, slightly concerned about the tunnel the ship>appears to be entering!>>I am also very happy the ACES guys are out of the closet... we>are all passionate about FS here, and it's great to be able to>discus and debate with the dev team.>>Thanks,>>Paul>>>It's a bug introduced from the aerial image we've been experimenting with for Seattle. It just looks like a tunnel... :)

Guest tdragger

I thought it was the replacement for the Montlake cut. ;)

Guest GA Flyer

I noticed the ferry is missing from FSx to FS9. Always thought that it would be great to see them running instead of just sitting there (as well as many other ferrys around the world). So the question is are the ferrys moving now or just missing from that screenshot?Jack

>I noticed the ferry is missing from FSx to FS9. Always>thought that it would be great to see them running instead of>just sitting there (as well as many other ferrys around the>world). So the question is are the ferrys moving now or just>missing from that screenshot?>>JackThat is the question... :)