Sign in to follow this  
Guest Surge

FSX Screenshot vs. Fs9 screenshot

>>I noticed the ferry is missing from FSx to FS9. Always>>thought that it would be great to see them running instead>of>>just sitting there (as well as many other ferrys around the>>world). So the question is are the ferrys moving now or>just>>missing from that screenshot?>>>>Jack>>That is the question... :)>>No. To be or not to be. That is the question. :-lol

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>Andre, try setting Mip-mapping to 5. That works well for me.>The buildings aren't blurry, and the details in the>surrounding scenery looks nice too.>>Remember to set AA to 4x or more, and AF to 8x or more.Thanks TVM, I tried that too, as with all 'notches' from 1-8.However, I still prefer 'blurry' buildings and max. background scenery :)

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>>Andre,>>I have never seen texture smearing like that.>>These shots are both with mip mapping at 4.>>But I'm running the textures that came with my mesh.>Yes, I'm just using default scenery without any add-ons, which is why some of you are wondering why my 'version' of FS looks so disgusting, but the more pleasure I'll get in the end with FSX and new hardware to go with it.

Guest tdragger

<< I'm just using default scenery without any add-ons, which is why some of you are wondering why my 'version' of FS looks so disgusting,>>Gee. Thanks.

Guest Bell206freak

I so can't wait until FS:X comes out.. That screenshot of Seattle showing the improved scenery, and the addition of the Alaskan Way Viaduct really has impressed me. I see myself creating a virtual KOMO-TV building for FS:X and doing virtual news coverage. lol.

Guest Andre_Hedegaard

>>Gee. Thanks.Allow me to ellaborate about my earlier comment:I used the term 'disgusting' as a token of 'exaggeration', refering to the APPEARANCE of my version of FS and NOT about FS as a product.I guess my form of humour dosen't rub everyone the right way all of the time.So my comment wasn't meant as criticism towards FS as I've been a fan of the product for many years.

The textures are the ocean textures by Ed Truthan (oceanstx.zip). You can find it here in the library.The reflextion is the vater package.cheers,CG

Well, the screenshot is all default, except the water textures and reflection. So it's far from being "steroid-pumped". The default water in fs2004 looks not that good in the most of situations, that's why many use alternative water textures and reflections.Taking that into account, the comparison is quite fair IMO.best regards,CG