Sign in to follow this  
Brisafresca

doubts radar contact - chart procedures

Hi

I have read here, in AVSIM, that the radar contact ATC program is compatible with p3dv4.

I use aerosors database to update the navaids, fixes, ILSs, runways. On the other hand, I use real AIP information from differentes countries, (charts).

And I've never used radar contact.

My doubts:

Does radar contact know the different SIDs, STARs, approaches to an airport that appear on the charts?

Does radar contact gives me different options of types of approach, do these options match the procedures of the charts? For example this VOR approach to LECO:

https://ais.enaire.es/AIP/AIPS/AMDT_311_2019_AIRAC_01_2019/AIP/aip/ad/ad2/LECO_A_CORUNA/LE_AD_2_LECO_IAC_5_en.pdf

Another example:

My flight departs from La coruña airport (LECO), in Spain, and the possible options of SIDs are:

FORNO2D, KORAV2D, MEGAT2D........

https://ais.enaire.es/AIP/AIPS/AMDT_311_2019_AIRAC_01_2019/AIP/aip/ad/ad2/LECO_A_CORUNA/LE_AD_2_LECO_SID_1_en.pdf

Does radar contact would indicate the name of these SIDs???

Regards

Radar Contact does not know the SIDs and STARs. I suggest if you're interested you download it and try it. It's free after all.

RC will leave you alone until around 30nm from the departure airport leaving you free to fly the SID headings. For arrival you can choose either RC vectors to the runway or fly your own STAR. Choice is offered at Arrival 40nm out.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

SIDS and STARS  are loaded during you planning stage before you create your .pln or other file. You select the SID within your planner  Where the SID required is runway dependent just select the correct waypoint of entry or if not known select waypoints common to all runways. You appear to be using the navdata updates already so that should update your procedures in your flghtplan database If you are using current charts and that chart library in in the same AIRAC cycle then those procedures should be close to your charts. Unless you plan to dictate your arrival or departure runway delete any runway specific waypoints and just choose the waypoints that are in line with the expected departure or arrival directions for transition waypoints.

All of this needs to be accomplished in your flight planner before exporting your plan into RC. You could also pit common points into your nav equipment if so allowed. Just choose in RC the procedure method to allow the freest method of navigation to satisfy ATC demands.

In the planner I use, it allows me to edit the plan produced before export. It is FSBuild by Ernie Alston on simmarket.com. I use Aerosofts NavdataPro update system which updates myplanner and FMC databases so they are in sync. (There is only one charge for all the formats you require for that one AIRAC cycle.